Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new McGeady

https://mobile.twitter.com/pnefcacad...400512/video/1

These are the 6 goals scored by the youth team on Saturday against Morecambe.

The last goal is special. Just watch the dribble and pass from Ty Dolan prior to the 6th goal. It looked like McGeady all over again. This lad is a talent and Iíll be amazed/bemused if he doesnít finish up with a pro contract with us. I highlighted this lad 12 months ago when he was under 16.

Enjoy.
    Josh Earl 19, Josh Harrop 22,Ben Davies 22, Ben Pearson 23, Callum Robinson 23, Alan Browne 23, Sean Maguire 24, Darnell Fisher 24, Tom Barkhuizen 24, Ryan Ledson 20, Jordan Storey 20, Graham Burke 24, Connor Simpson 18.These young players are our future.

Originally posted by llanroc View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/pnefcacad...400512/video/1

These are the 6 goals scored by the youth team on Saturday against Morecambe.

The last goal is special. Just watch the dribble and pass from Ty Dolan prior to the 6th goal. It looked like McGeady all over again. This lad is a talent and Iíll be amazed/bemused if he doesnít finish up with a pro contract with us. I highlighted this lad 12 months ago when he was under 16.

Enjoy.
    The lad must be settled here also as i just printed some School Leaver Books for Ashton High and he was in it.

Comment

I am sure their keeper is a nice lad but I don't think he is the new Pickford. But good that we have talented youngsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickypne View Post
        The lad must be settled here also as i just printed some School Leaver Books for Ashton High and he was in it.
        He played in the Preston School's Cup final against Broughton (who had Ethan Walker playing) and didn't really do much. Difficult though when you're surrounded by lesser players.

Comment

Originally posted by BenPearsonIsGod View Post
          He played in the Preston School's Cup final against Broughton (who had Ethan Walker playing) and didn't really do much. Difficult though when you're surrounded by lesser players.
          From what i've seen he looks a top prospect.

Comment

From what i've seen he looks a top prospect.
            Yeah I've heard similar. He's the lad that we picked up after getting released by City for behaviour reasons right?

Comment

Yeah I've heard similar. He's the lad that we picked up after getting released by City for behaviour reasons right?
              Sounds interesting.

Comment

Not sure pal. Llanroc usually your man for the Youth. You do wonder though why his previous club released him with his potential.

Comment

Not sure pal. Llanroc usually your man for the Youth. You do wonder though why his previous club released him with his potential.
                  Man City- and most pro clubs - do height projections on their teenagers from about 13 - younger in some circumstances.

City have a target height, that they expect all lads to reach, and if the screening shows they are unlikely to reach that height by 18 they are released before the age of 16.

No idea whether Dolan feel foul of this policy but looking at him he could well have done..

PNE have certainly given trails recently to lads released from City on height projection reasons. A City scout is a PNE fan who often attends our youth games.

And yes, my dept does height tests every couple of months during a season and lads are puled out of training if they have had a growth spurt of more than 1cm....to do S&C work.

theres more to footy than kicking it.

Comment

Originally posted by sports rehab View Post
                    Man City- and most pro clubs - do height projections on their teenagers from about 13 - younger in some circumstances.

City have a target height, that they expect all lads to reach, and if the screening shows they are unlikely to reach that height by 18 they are released before the age of 16.

No idea whether Dolan feel foul of this policy but looking at him he could well have done..

PNE have certainly given trails recently to lads released from City on height projection reasons. A City scout is a PNE fan who often attends our youth games.

And yes, my dept does height tests every couple of months during a season and lads are puled out of training if they have had a growth spurt of more than 1cm....to do S&C work.

theres more to footy than kicking it.
                    That's stupid.(not your point lol) In today's terms then Sir Tom would have been kicked out at 13.

My mate had trials with PNE and was told by Chris Sulley at the time he was too small, if i remember rightly Chris Sulley was very small. Point is this height thing has been going on for years. Wonder how Messi, Modric, Rakitic, Sterling get on being small. Our most prized asset at PNE is one of the smallest.

Comment

That's stupid.(not your point lol) In today's terms then Sir Tom would have been kicked out at 13.

My mate had trials with PNE and was told by Chris Sulley at the time he was too small, if i remember rightly Chris Sulley was very small. Point is this height thing has been going on for years. Wonder how Messi, Modric, Rakitic, Sterling get on being small. Our most prized asset at PNE is one of the smallest.
                      Hazard, Insigne, Iniesta, D. Silva, ... the list is endless. Outdated view.

Comment

Originally posted by Nishtar36 View Post
                        Hazard, Insigne, Iniesta, D. Silva, ... the list is endless. Outdated view.
                        Ridiculously outdated but still happens in every academy across the country.
                        I'm back.

Comment

I'm not justifying the policy just saying it is what we do...... and for all the stars mentioned there are a lot of 15 yo's who are 'big' and then never grow and others who are small and then shoot past them.

The projection stats show which is likely to happen so a club doesnt sign the 'big kid who becomes a small man' and reject the small kid who becomes and strong man'.

There is a lot of science that proves the rule works - even though the Messi's seem to disprove it.

Comment

Working...
                          X