Ben Davies
    Darnell Fisher
    Seani maguire
    Gally
    Tom Clarke
    Matt Hudson
    The Cumbrian Cannavaro

Not sure if I've missed anyone.

This is in addition to the new signings and scholars that have turned pro. It's obvious from that list that we are keeping the spine of the team tied up which is excellent.

I still think we need a couple more faces in before the start of the season, but those who sometimes question Trevor Hemmings and his spending need to remember all of the deals that aren't new signings which don't come for free.
    “To dictate the pace and course of a game, a player has to be blessed with awesome qualities. Those who have accomplished it on a regular basis can be counted on the fingers of one hand – Pelé, Maradona, Best, Di Stefano, and Tom Finney.”

We also tried to extend the contracts of Cunningham and Johnson and are still looking to extend Browne's. And the other positive is I don't think you'll find many disagreeing with the extention of any of those contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Libertine View Post
      In the last 8 months as far as I can see we've now given new contracts to

Callum Robinson
      Ben Pearson
      Ben Davies
      Darnell Fisher
      Seani maguire
      Gally
      Tom Clarke
      Matt Hudson
      The Cumbrian Cannavaro

This is in addition to the new signings and scholars that have turned pro. It's obvious from that list that we are keeping the spine of the team tied up which is excellent.

I still think we need a couple more faces in before the start of the season, but those who sometimes question Trevor Hemmings and his spending need to remember all of the deals that aren't new signings which don't come for free.
      As I've said before, you've got to stand still before you can move forwards.

Take Barnsley as an example - started well after promotion two seasons ago but lost a couple of their best players in the January window and are now back where they started.
      Recommended ignore list: 05simpsonm, bsk4ever, Hans Asperges, PNE4LIFE, preach, billymac

Comment

And now Alan Browne. It's great work by the club.
        “To dictate the pace and course of a game, a player has to be blessed with awesome qualities. Those who have accomplished it on a regular basis can be counted on the fingers of one hand – Pelé, Maradona, Best, Di Stefano, and Tom Finney.”

Comment

The powers that be at PNE seem to be busting a gut to keep our better players and its much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by PNEroulette View Post
            The powers that be at PNE seem to be busting a gut to keep our better players and its much appreciated.
            Yes but where's that striker on 40k a week! Some folk won't be happy until we sign one.

Comment

Originally posted by pnenycx View Post
              Yes but where's that striker on 40k a week! Some folk won't be happy until we sign one.
              Ones just signed for Norwich on loan, wouldn't get in our side anyway!

Comment

Just to highlight how crazy the transfer market is - and one we could never compete with NOR SHOULD WE....

A N/W EFL club has this week sold a striker to a NW Prem club for £120k...

Strict confidentiality means I cant give the details, however, the striker concerned is :-

12 years old..

Imagine the headlines......

PNE sign prolific striker for £120k and then the fans discover he has 3 years left at school !!

Comment

Originally posted by simo View Post
                  As I've said before, you've got to stand still before you can move forwards.

Take Barnsley as an example - started well after promotion two seasons ago but lost a couple of their best players in the January window and are now back where they started.
                  Just like we have in losing Hughill and Cunningham?

Comment

Originally posted by sports rehab View Post
                    Just to highlight how crazy the transfer market is - and one we could never compete with NOR SHOULD WE....

A N/W EFL club has this week sold a striker to a NW Prem club for £120k...

Strict confidentiality means I cant give the details, however, the striker concerned is :-

12 years old..

Imagine the headlines......

PNE sign prolific striker for £120k and then the fans discover he has 3 years left at school !!
                    You can't win anything with kids.
                    "Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job."
                    Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by Libertine View Post
                      In the last 8 months as far as I can see we've now given new contracts to

Callum Robinson
                      Ben Pearson
                      Ben Davies
                      Darnell Fisher
                      Seani maguire
                      Gally
                      Tom Clarke
                      Matt Hudson
                      The Cumbrian Cannavaro

So more of the same then?

Comment

Working...
                      X