Originally posted by Hitchhiker View Post
    If we get promoted this season i,ll be delighted
    if we don't it's nothing new is it?
    Looking at the championship there are a lot a big games
    to look forward to - it wouldn't be the end of the world
    to not gain promotion.
    Either way there have been many seasons where we've been in a
    lower division, had to rely on free signings etc so at the
    moment i'm just pleased with where we are.
    Only the end of the world is the end of the world.
    Just for reference, before this upcoming season we had spent more seasons in the top flight than any other division, food for thought at least.
    Blackpool the only town with two circuses

Comment

Originally posted by proton View Post
      Only the end of the world is the end of the world.
      Just for reference, before this upcoming season we had spent more seasons in the top flight than any other division, food for thought at least.
      Of course

Comment

Originally posted by proton View Post
        7th means we had a good season but no success was achieved, we start this season exactly where we started last season,in the championship with no points.
        Interesting that you mention Brighton, look at the state they where in when Craig Brown was in charge of us,again we were in the championship.
        Surprised you didn't mention Burnley fans wanting European football ..... oh hang on......
        Well I'd say it was a successful season. Maybe Burnley and Brighton fans think last season was unsuccessful because they didn't win the Premiership or qualify for the Champions league. Come on, Leicester did it . . .

Comment

Originally posted by pnenycx View Post
          Well I'd say it was a successful season. Maybe Burnley and Brighton fans think last season was unsuccessful because they didn't win the Premiership or qualify for the Champions league. Come on, Leicester did it . . .
          Very fair comparisons, we can only dream of being so disappointed.
          Blackpool the only town with two circuses

Comment

I have probably got something wrong here but if I am right then last season was the 5th best season out of 57 years since we were last in the old First Division in 1960/61:

1964 Cup Final and third in the old Second Division after Leeds and Sunderland
            Championship play-off final against Bolton
            Championship play-off final against West Ham
            Championship play offs losing to Sheffield Utd.

Think I may have missed another play-offs (Leeds?)
            The American Dream is now the American Nightmare

Comment

Originally posted by simo View Post
              Ah well, you've misunderstood the whole point.

The problem is that quietly getting on with the job in the background making sensible, long term decisions doesn't show the required level of ambition.

We should be pissing away the money on expensive highly paid big names (preferably with no re-sale value).
              Simo, your use if irony is shite!

I...mean....errr..."LOL".
              What a comedian.........!

Comment

Good news.

Comment

Excellent news....

Just to think he was recently described by one poster on a match day thread as "being the best player to ever wear a north end shirt, just not when he goes near the ball"
                  Great minds discuss ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by mapping View Post
                    Excellent news....

Just to think he was recently described by one poster on a match day thread as "being the best player to ever wear a north end shirt, just not when he goes near the ball"
                    Wasn't the same person who said that Pearson never puts a tackle in was it?!

Comment

Originally posted by pisaac View Post
                      I have probably got something wrong here but if I am right then last season was the 5th best season out of 57 years since we were last in the old First Division in 1960/61:

1964 Cup Final and third in the old Second Division after Leeds and Sunderland
                      Championship play-off final against Bolton
                      Championship play-off final against West Ham
                      Championship play offs losing to Sheffield Utd.

Think I may have missed another play-offs (Leeds?)
                      Exactly being a contender for promotion to the top tier of English football from its second level whatever it might be called is as good as I have ever known it. Making that final leap would be great. But I still get a kick from saying I support Preston North End and that is the main thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tino View Post
                        Wasn't the same person who said that Pearson never puts a tackle in was it?!
                        Yeah I think so

Comment

Originally posted by ernest View Post
                          Exactly being a contender for promotion to the top tier of English football from its second level whatever it might be called is as good as I have ever known it. Making that final leap would be great. But I still get a kick from saying I support Preston North End and that is the main thing.
                          Exactly. I come from the perspective of an exile, so I hardly ever meet other PNE supporters in day-to-day life... but I do get a kick out of being a PNE supporter.

And (bringing this thread back towards topic) the pride that I feel is particularly strong at the moment - partly because we have players like Alan Browne in the squad. Players who are establishing a real identity for the team.... players who are committing to the club and staying together for a number of years. Players who have passion, energy... and who are actually rather good!

When we had the Westley clear-out around 2012 (not necessarily all his decision), I'm sure there was a time when Stuckmann was the longest-serving player (excluding Wright and others who came through our own youth system)¬Ö with about 16 months service to the club. (if anyone can confirm that, I'd be interested). That was a horrendous time.... not just for the football, but for the sense of identity of the club... there was just no continuity, no common thread to the past.

Comment

Of course it's good news (for the Player and the Club) but letís not get carried away---For the player itís protection and security if he gets injured---For the Club itís a bargaining chip if either the player or another Club comes in for him---Doesnít mean to say he will be here for three years----Player loyalty to a Club these days only means while it suits (and you can say the same for the Club)---And viewing it from a work point of view I canít blame them

Comment

some brilliant comments from browne as to why he doesn't use an agent, "i had an agent when i first came here as a kid, just to get it done, once that happened, i felt i was at a club where i was happy and could clearly see progression. i thought then, i don't want to be at any other club."

Comment

Originally posted by BeteNoir View Post
                                some brilliant comments from browne as to why he doesn't use an agent, "i had an agent when i first came here as a kid, just to get it done, once that happened, i felt i was at a club where i was happy and could clearly see progression. i thought then, i don't want to be at any other club."
                                Is that a direct quote ? Do you have a link to where he said it ?

Comment

Working...
                                X