No announcement yet.

Excitement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maguire is good but too many months up top alone against quick, strong defenders will see him back in the treatment room by December.

Comment

Originally posted by California_PNE View Post
      We replaced Hugill yet?
      I don't think we need to replace hugill. Maguire will produce goals and I think moult will come good also. I'd love a big marquee striker, but I just don't see it happening which doesn't worry me too much.

Comment

Originally posted by California_PNE View Post
        We replaced Hugill yet?
        If you went off what most people said on here, Hugill is impossible to replace and we’d have no chance of progression without him.
        I'm back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mer5eywhite View Post
          Good squad. Support them all the way and I never boo.
          But
          Absolutely not the best squad in my time.
          Any team in the Fuller, Lewis and Brian O Neil era maybe. Team that beat West Ham 3 times in one season but failed in the play-off final.
          The league is harder since then as well so why people don’t think we need to replace Hugill and Cunningham, I’ve no idea. You could argue Earl will replace Cunningham but I see nothing up front that a top 6 side wouldn’t cope with.
          I think it's a myth that the league is harder, same standard, just more money. Warnock got Cardiff promoted doing what he did 15 years ago.

I don't think the overall squad is far off the Davies era, maybe less 'stars' but arguably better depth and much more pace.

Hughes looks a steady replacement for Cunningham, who was a similarly nondescript signing. Earl has loads of potential, hopefully good competition there.

Hugill still needs replacing though, not so much first eleven but more competition and a physical option is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Saskwhite View Post
            I don't think we need to replace hugill. Maguire will produce goals and I think moult will come good also. I'd love a big marquee striker, but I just don't see it happening which doesn't worry me too much.
            Moult will come good ! I hope you are right, from what i have seen he offers absolutely nothing, it will take a radical change somewhere, one that i just cannot see, he will join the Vermyl, Pringle,Doyle crew, people we cant shift !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigMarkLeonard View Post
              Absolutely no concerns whatsoever. Maguire played and scored against lots of good teams and defenders and will be even better this season.

The lad is a natural.

The 4-2-3-1 worked well, hopefully it will again.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
              Apparantly, that system only works well away from home.

Comment

Working...
              X