Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which player has the potential to surprise us?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simo View Post
    I dunno, under Grayson Pearson showed a few times that he could be very dangerous getting forward, often with the ball at feet.

I think he could be a hell of a box to box player - he's got the legs, skill and robustness to do it. I'd agree that whatever role he has needs to involve an element of defensive/ball winning work as that's his bread and butter but I think he could do a lot more if the formation demanded it.

But the way we set up now doesn't need that sort of player so i don't see it happening any time soon.
    And he's probably less likely to pick up yellow cards if he isn't having to make last ditch tackles to stop them getting at our back 4. I still expect to see him playing CDM this season though, however Ledson allows more rotation, flexibility and probably the potential to play slightly different formations.

Comment

Originally posted by simo View Post
      I dunno, under Grayson Pearson showed a few times that he could be very dangerous getting forward, often with the ball at feet.

I think he could be a hell of a box to box player - he's got the legs, skill and robustness to do it. I'd agree that whatever role he has needs to involve an element of defensive/ball winning work as that's his bread and butter but I think he could do a lot more if the formation demanded it.

But the way we set up now doesn't need that sort of player so i don't see it happening any time soon.
      If we had a player like Gregan in his prime then that is exactly the role that Pearson would play - a sort of super Mark Rankine. But right now he is our Gregan, almost as forceful but a lot more mobile and a better passer of the ball.

Comment

Croatia showed the way to play successfully I thought although you could argue that they lost to France. Forward passing with control. I think Pearson has untapped ability and could play further forward linking with the front 3. Curbing his aggression to use his energy on the ball. Easy to say I know- we’re all experts when it comes to tactics!

Comment

I like Ben Pearson but he's not Luka Modric...
          I love you Woodsy.

Comment

Having seen Maguire twice so far, Hell's Teeth, he looks surprising already. We all know he has huge talent, but Jesus, he looks a different beast altogether coming to us fresh. Scary for the rest of the division if you ask me.

Comment

Horgan impressed the most in the 2 friendlies I've been to, plays well alongside maguire.

Comment

Hughes. Came in under the radar and we we will not miss Cunningham.

Comment

Originally posted by Garden Gnome View Post
                  Hughes. Came in under the radar and we we will not miss Cunningham.
                  That good?
                  Alex Neil “This club has had a certain style for four years and I’m trying to change that and the style I want to play is the complete opposite to that.”

Comment

Originally posted by marsbars View Post
                    That good?
                    Certainly impressed me, marsbars. Early days, of course, but really strong runner and seems confident going both ways. Proper unit as well.
                    I'm back.

Comment

Originally posted by kingpne View Post
                      Certainly impressed me, marsbars. Early days, of course, but really strong runner and seems confident going both ways. Proper unit as well.
                      I chose Hughes #14 as I had read what fatty Evans said about him. Before taking over at Posh, Evans knew little about Hughes but said he soon realised he was the best left back in L1. I don’t think he was brought in to be second choice to Earl.
                      Josh Earl 19, Josh Harrop 22,Ben Davies 22, Ben Pearson 23, Callum Robinson 23, Alan Browne 23, Sean Maguire 24, Darnell Fisher 24, Tom Barkhuizen 24, Ryan Ledson 20, Jordan Storey 20, Graham Burke 24, Connor Simpson 18.These young players are our future.

Comment

Originally posted by marsbars View Post
                        That good?
                        Yep Mars, I like a player who expresses 'attitude' through strength, and steely determination. I think he is not without talent and can read the game...… Not that I've seen him play much so far, it is early days, but he strikes me as having that potential. I hope he gets a good run against the hammers.

Comment

Working...
                        X