Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNE youth team thread for 2018/19 season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sports rehab View Post


    Good summary and I'd agree with you based on what I've seen - though to be far I have seen more of Baxter than O'Reilly..... Charlie was given an extra 6 months because of injuries last year and I presume they will make a decision on him at Christmas - he did play as a LB in Graysons time and was well liked, He is a good player but maybe a bit too small for a CB contract ??? Especially as Armour can do both and is taller......but then again Ben Davies was never big !

    Ethan needs to learn to defend (Ethan tells me!!) and to work more for the team - he can slip into lazy mode, but he is just a kid yet......great prospect if he matures and doesnt think he has made it due to 1 call up to the 1st team squad. Ty is a great footballer who doesnt seem to let his 'lack of' height after is competiveness - he will excite fans if he makes the grade.

    I like the look of the RB - Simmons and Josh Pollard in midfield... Potts, as someone mentioned, has a look of Procy but isnt as tall but is probably quicker - plays off the left wing or through the centre....

    The young CB - Williams? - looks a good lad too - like Lewis Earl only 1st years and plenty of time to develop for next season.

    on the 'wider point' of talent (and I dont want to go over old ground again but..) under Ramsdale and Hoyland we had very good links with the top teams and Man U scouts did bring us lads in...Reece James and Brownhill two. Then 'changes at the club' meant youth werent given opportunities and scouts stopped sending us players. Nick H & Fenners therefore had to build again using more PReston school boy lads and though people like Josh Sampson and Jack Ryan got deals, they werent players of the standard of the previous batches.
    Under the previous youth management we were top dogs in Lancashire - winning league and cup doubles and the reserve league..... Since then we dont have the players to win our league....

    however we have now started to grow more talent - the likes of Josh Earl getting deals means scouts are trusting us again....Ex United & City lads are now coming to us......

    This is the best 'squad' we have had since the year Hoyland etc were got rid of..... maybe the Home FA Youth Cup 3rd round tie will be the opportunity for more of the forum to see them play.

    IF I find out where we play Blackpool this Saturday I will post on here.
    Good summary Sports rehab as usual. I was hopeful of Oscar OíNeil but he picked up a serious injury and I havenít heard anything about him since. Have you any idea where we are up to with him?
    Josh Earl 19, Josh Harrop 22,Ben Davies 22, Ben Pearson 23, Callum Robinson 23, Alan Browne 23, Sean Maguire 24, Darnell Fisher 24, Tom Barkhuizen 24, Ryan Ledson 20, Jordan Storey 20, Graham Burke 24, Connor Simpson 18.These young players are our future.

    Comment


    • LLanroc.... No i've heard nothing of Osc since we released that batch of players last summer - -tbf I havent asked either.

      I know Lou Fensome is currently at Lancaster but they are still trying to get him linked up with a higher ranked club - u23 academy..../ Conference level etc.
      Young Fenners was probably the most affected by a bad injury as he had the making of a good RB imho.... I know he had trials with Bolton U23s - not sure where else.

      SATURDAY MORNING... Just had it confirmed that the BLACKPOOL AWAY GAME KICKS OFF AT 11am @ MYERSCOUGH COLLEGE.....

      Hope a good number get along to see the Youth's and then different people can comment on this thread of their impressions.

      Hopefully someone will pick up on twitter when the FA Youth Cup home tie against Charlton or Southend is being played - usually @ Deepdale.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by sports rehab View Post


        Good summary and I'd agree with you based on what I've seen - though to be far I have seen more of Baxter than O'Reilly..... Charlie was given an extra 6 months because of injuries last year and I presume they will make a decision on him at Christmas - he did play as a LB in Graysons time and was well liked, He is a good player but maybe a bit too small for a CB contract ??? Especially as Armour can do both and is taller......but then again Ben Davies was never big !

        Ethan needs to learn to defend (Ethan tells me!!) and to work more for the team - he can slip into lazy mode, but he is just a kid yet......great prospect if he matures and doesnt think he has made it due to 1 call up to the 1st team squad. Ty is a great footballer who doesnt seem to let his 'lack of' height after is competiveness - he will excite fans if he makes the grade.

        I like the look of the RB - Simmons and Josh Pollard in midfield... Potts, as someone mentioned, has a look of Procy but isnt as tall but is probably quicker - plays off the left wing or through the centre....

        The young CB - Williams? - looks a good lad too - like Lewis Earl only 1st years and plenty of time to develop for next season.

        on the 'wider point' of talent (and I dont want to go over old ground again but..) under Ramsdale and Hoyland we had very good links with the top teams and Man U scouts did bring us lads in...Reece James and Brownhill two. Then 'changes at the club' meant youth werent given opportunities and scouts stopped sending us players. Nick H & Fenners therefore had to build again using more PReston school boy lads and though people like Josh Sampson and Jack Ryan got deals, they werent players of the standard of the previous batches.
        Under the previous youth management we were top dogs in Lancashire - winning league and cup doubles and the reserve league..... Since then we dont have the players to win our league....

        however we have now started to grow more talent - the likes of Josh Earl getting deals means scouts are trusting us again....Ex United & City lads are now coming to us......

        This is the best 'squad' we have had since the year Hoyland etc were got rid of..... maybe the Home FA Youth Cup 3rd round tie will be the opportunity for more of the forum to see them play.

        IF I find out where we play Blackpool this Saturday I will post on here.
        No mention of Brannigan. Seemed ok when iv'e seen him, scores a few goals to.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mickypne View Post

          No mention of Brannigan. Seemed ok when iv'e seen him, scores a few goals to.
          Micky - he isnt someone who has impressed me as 6 months off being a pro, the same goes for Jez Jolley, (even though both have some qualities).

          however some who I didnt think would make it got deals, others who looked good to me didnt get one - so its just an opinion.....

          I didnt mention any of the keepers either - but thats mainly because I havent seen the Irish kid - the other two dont impress me.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by sports rehab View Post

            Micky - he isnt someone who has impressed me as 6 months off being a pro, the same goes for Jez Jolley, (even though both have some qualities).

            however some who I didnt think would make it got deals, others who looked good to me didnt get one - so its just an opinion.....

            I didnt mention any of the keepers either - but thats mainly because I havent seen the Irish kid - the other two dont impress me.
            Another one that impressed me was the RB(you probably mentioned him) who scored a beauty v Port Vale at Uclan. Looked like a cross but was clearly a shot.

            Comment


            • Thatís what makes this game great as itís all about opinions. People can make comments and form an opinion after only watching a game or so and generally lads like Josh Pollard, Jerome Jolly can stick out as they are pleasing on the eye when on the ball but after watching them for a while you can see that their contribution off the ball is sometimes lacking. I also like Lewis Simmons but can be a bit reckless and plays Ďon the edgeí

              Donít get me wrong these lads are highly talented but it brings it home how difficult it must be to get that pro-deal and, in my opinion, becomes harder as each year goes by and with Preston having no u23s/reserves/already large squad it really is tough.

              It will be anybodyís guess if any get signed, I have an opinion on who I think are the best but are the best good enough?

              3 from the current year 2 group and 3 from the current year 1 group must get deals for me.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mickypne View Post

                Another one that impressed me was the RB(you probably mentioned him) who scored a beauty v Port Vale at Uclan. Looked like a cross but was clearly a shot.
                Micky - that was Lewis Simmons the RB and so yes I mentioned him.

                As tower says though, the odd game is hard to make a judgement. I've only seen them a limited number of times - home and away - over the past year.....bot have taken a watching interest in the youths for a decade and 'collectively' this is the best squad we've had since the Reece James captained team that did the double.....

                Comment


                • still planning to be at Myerscough for the 11 am kick off vrs Blackpool tomorrow.

                  I will be wearing a 'blue coat with white PNE badge' if anyone else off the forum is coming !!!

                  maybe try to spot the next Sean Maguire !!!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by sports rehab View Post
                    still planning to be at Myerscough for the 11 am kick off vrs Blackpool tomorrow.

                    I will be wearing a 'blue coat with white PNE badge' if anyone else off the forum is coming !!!

                    maybe try to spot the next Sean Maguire !!!
                    Hope any of the young lads don't pull their hammy too!

                    Comment


                    • Unfortunately, the better half is working today, so Iíve got the kids and wonít be there.

                      Nice to get an update on how they have got on and who if any starred.

                      Comment


                      • I'm going. Setting off soon. Taking my lad and my mate and his lads are coming so if anyone wants to say hello come over. My lad will have a cadley tracksuit on

                        Comment


                        • 2 0 just arrived. Bpool keeper fluffed 2nd.

                          Comment


                          • 2 2 half time. 2 great goals from bpool. Pne stared very well but blackpool 1st goal changed the game. Pne been poor since and stopped passing the ball and alot of long ball to a small number 9. If there is any threat from pne it's going to come fron walker or jolly. The latter playing well when he gets the ball. Walker has a great attitude. Got rook out early and just got on with it whilst the bpool player got booked. He also had a poor ball played to him whilst he was free for a run on goal and didn't moan just got on with it. Good attitude

                            Comment


                            • Micky - I didnt read your post before going so didnt get to look for you.

                              1st goal in 1st minute from Walker was a stunner...cut in from left on his right foot and hit the near top corner.
                              As you said the 2nd was a dangerous corner on the wind and keeper fluffed but may already have been in- jolley will try to claim it.
                              Possbile pen for us not awarded when Walker was clipped in box but then the balance of play changed.

                              Their big CF and their talented No 8 started linking play - their 10 got in behind at pace and those 3 got Pool upm the pitch.
                              The 10 took his goal very weel - even though our defence was asleep.

                              The 25 yarder for their 2nd was coming but it was VG all the same.

                              We couldnt handle their 6' 4" Cf and Earl & Lyons had to give many fouls away....we just kept launching in 'down wind' and our passing fell apart.

                              Just before HT we started getting it down again and Potts should have scored.

                              2nd half into a strong wind looked difficult...BUT we gradually got back into the game, helped by Pool making a tactical switch..

                              Our good football though was often spoiled by overplaying.... Potts had another chance; Jolley had one headed off line, aWalker had one blocked.

                              2 - 2 was a fait score -until injury time when a dangerous free kick was deflected into his own net by Jolley and we couldnt come back.


                              Various players performed well, others found the game passed them by once Pool got on top...

                              I'd say Simmons looked class, Baxter competed well, the defence had a better 2nd half.... Dolan; Jolley; Potts didnt reach normal standards.

                              As for Walker - Micky talks about his attitude - his qualities are very evident but his unwillingness to pass to team mates will be his downfall as defender know they can double up on him and not bother about the overlaps etc.

                              Good game - hard conditions - physical Pool side and a learning curve.



                              Comment


                              • I thought bar the first 10 pne were poor. Too many long balls to a smallish striker of ours. Their number 8 was a great player and their 1st goal scorer looked a good one to but he was quiet in the second. Draw would have been fair imo. The second half was just a midfield battle with jolly and walker hardly seeing the ball.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X