Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nmecha Signs Season Long Loan (Confirmed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kingpne View Post
    But xG in this case seems to be useless and tells us nothing, just as it does with Bolton. Their xG is shite and theyíre up there.
    It might..they could be very lucky or very efficient.
    Recommended ignore list: 05simpsonm, bsk4ever, Hans Asperges, PNE4LIFE, preach, billymac

Comment

But xG in this case seems to be useless and tells us nothing, just as it does with Bolton. Their xG is shite and theyíre up there.

Iím not Moultís biggest fan either but regardless of how many shots Nmecha has had, heís not looked anymore likely to score than Moult has.

Plus, as youíve mentioned xG can never be used as fact because there isnít a definite statistical way to measure the difficulty of a chance.
      And we will see where Bolton end up. I suspect they will end up in the bottom 6, as xG suggests - both goals had a very small xG against us so they did get Ďluckyí and wonít sustain that over the season - just like Ipswic last season.. Nobody had said itís perfect Kingy and I havenít claimed that Neil uses it to sign players or to pick his team. But thereís a reason clubs use it, because it is a meaningful indicator of performance.

We can disagree about Moult, who I wonít talk about anymore. But at least Nmecha has got 8 shots off, mostly from dangerous areas.

Iíve also never said that xG should be used as a fact. But we will see how Nmecha gets on, and where Bolton end up. I suspect it wonít be far off where their xG predict them to. Cheers.

Comment

• Nmecha Signs Season Long Loan (Confirmed)

Originally posted by simo View Post
        It might..they could be very lucky or very efficient.
        By that logic, Nmecha having that xG but not having scored yet means heís shit. Which obviously isnít the case.

Originally posted by Nishtar36 View Post
        And we will see where Bolton end up. I suspect they will end up in the bottom 6, as xG suggests - both goals had a very small xG against us so they did get Ďluckyí and wonít sustain that over the season - just like Ipswic last season.. Nobody had said itís perfect Kingy and I havenít claimed that Neil uses it to sign players or to pick his team. But thereís a reason clubs use it, because it is a meaningful indicator of performance.

We can disagree about Moult, who I wonít talk about anymore. But at least Nmecha has got 8 shots off, mostly from dangerous areas.

Iíve also never said that xG should be used as a fact. But we will see how Nmecha gets on, and where Bolton end up. I suspect it wonít be far off where their xG predict them to. Cheers.
        I donít need to see a chart or a graph to know that Bolton will be in the bottom 6, half a brain cell will do.

I think weíre on the same page about Moult. We need better for sure. Nmecha is obviously a superior player to him, he just hasnít shown it yet.
        Last edited by kingpne; 11-09-2018, 07:07 PM.
        I'm back.

Comment

By that logic, Nmecha having that xG but not having scored her means heís shit. Which obviously isnít the case. .
          Remind me, what is it that wins games again?!

Not knocking Nmecha by the way - aside from a couple of highlights Iíve not seen him play.
          Recommended ignore list: 05simpsonm, bsk4ever, Hans Asperges, PNE4LIFE, preach, billymac

Comment

• xG last year predicted that Ipswich would slide down the table when they were top after 6 games, they were scoring with almost every shot on target they had, it also predicted Brentford would fly up the table as they were underperforming compared to their xG.

It's a very useful tool imo but obviously not the be all and end all. Similar to the moneyball technique in Baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by BenPearsonIsGod View Post
              xG last year predicted that Ipswich would slide down the table when they were top after 6 games, they were scoring with almost every shot on target they had, it also predicted Brentford would fly up the table as they were underperforming compared to their xG.

It's a very useful tool imo but obviously not the be all and end all. Similar to the moneyball technique in Baseball.
              Pretty much this. Itís very useful, dunno why some people brush anything new off. Obviously it has big limitations as well, like any statistical tool in football.

Comment

• Well just to show to all those saying we should blast a few million on a striker here is a reminder that spending money does not always work:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45496640

If you add in the £9m that West Ham spent on Hugill then that is £17m Mr Moyes has spent on players in that last couple of years for which the buying club has effectively got next to nothing - though no-one could accuse Hugill of not trying, I am not making any comparison in terms of character between him and this other fellow, and I daresay WHU will eventually get back a portion of what they spent on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ernest View Post
                  Well just to show to all those saying we should blast a few million on a striker here is a reminder that spending money does not always work:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45496640

If you add in the £9m that West Ham spent on Hugill then that is £17m Mr Moyes has spent on players in that last couple of years for which the buying club has effectively got next to nothing - though no-one could accuse Hugill of not trying, I am not making any comparison in terms of character between him and this other fellow, and I daresay WHU will eventually get back a portion of what they spent on him.
                  Yes, spending money guarantees nothing. But as far as Iím concerned, the manager wanted Kieffer Moore and although I thought £2 million was too steep, in hindsight he shouldíve been backed. Thatís what he deserved.

Think Moore has 6 goals to his name already and his value has probably increased.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nishtar36 View Post
                    Yes, spending money guarantees nothing. But as far as Iím concerned, the manager wanted Kieffer Moore and although I thought £2 million was too steep, in hindsight he shouldíve been backed. Thatís what he deserved.

Think Moore has 6 goals to his name already and his value has probably increased.
                    Spot on.

Neil was not supported fully in this window.
                    Simples

Comment

• Nmecha didn't start today either because
                      1. The number of games we are forced to play him has stopped.
                      2. Because of his knock we aren't forced to start him.
                      3. We were never forced to play him, he was AN's first choice striker before today.
                      Arguably when he came on it was his best display ,he still looks weak in the air (but no weaker than Moult), but showed one or two nice bits of hold up play plus he made a cracking run towards the goal ,nearly winning a pen. Neither Moult or Nmecha seem to get in goalscoring positions but Nmecha could be more likely to score from range and off todays effort saw a glimmer of hope for the remainder of the season.

Comment

• Hopefully today ends the myth that Nmecha must start every game ...

Comment

Working...
                        X