Every credit to TH for backing Neil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sutty View Post
    I think itís been speculated on here before that some of these young Premier League players whom have not kicked a first team ball are on around £5-£20k per week. Which is lidricuous really.

However, I simply canít see Preston spunking £500k over a year on them, unless of course one of them was a view to a permanentl.
    I used to teach a lad who became a pro footballer and was on 10k a week not long ago at a premier league club when he was only 16. His parents were well looked after too. The bugger scored against us a few times too!
    Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by JK View Post
      Neither Welbeck or Carroll wanted to be here and where both short term loans.

Especially Welbeck who was only here because the manager's Daddy said he had to be.

These two lads want to be here, they are coming from a club that is head and shoulders above everywhere else in terms of development plans at the moment.

This of course does not guarantee they will be successful but I have a sneaky feeling they will be just fine.
      I agree. The fact that they chose to come to us over many other championship clubs (especially the second one) shows how highly they are rated.

Two great signings - I don't want to get too over confident but I have a good feeling this year that something special will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
        I used to teach a lad who became a pro footballer and was on 10k a week not long ago at a premier league club when he was only 16. His parents were well looked after too. The bugger scored against us a few times too!
        Name names.

Comment

Well....here's to hoping Citeh have a successful campaign and their forward line stay injury free, then they won't be recalling Nmecha when he's banging them in home and away during the promotion push.

Comment

Originally posted by marsbars View Post
            Probably wasn't even in question that he would do so apart from on this forum tbh.
            Yeah right.

Anyway a huge well done to Ridsdale and TH for sanctioning all the summer's signings. High fives all round.

Now let's see what they can all do on the pitch and hopefully launch us to promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by White123 View Post
              To be fair - Welbeck and Carroll did but it was a few years after and I wouldn't say our loan spell helped because they were both shocking.
              Right but don't get into details to Pep, Klopp, Pocchinico etc when we try to get one of their players on loan :-)

Comment

Working...
              X