Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on Ingol Training Facilty (LEP)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Mickypne View Post
    Are you related to "Sir Trevor"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Tino View Post
      The startling thing is basically as you've described. We haven't had all the cash from Hugill or Cunningham but say it's £2M + £1M then we have £3M additional coming in which we can spend. Now I can see that all or most of that could be eaten up by 7 new signings, new contracts to those you mentioned and the infrastructure improvements.

      HOWEVER that would mean our transfer and new contract budget before those sales was effectively zero. Which clearly wouldn't be the case. Would it?

      So, have the sales been used to lighten the load on TH and what he needs to input in for the next 2/3 years? Looks like it. I think if we'd have added the front man we all wanted then we'd have been comfortable with that. The main question I see that TH or Ridsdale needs to answer is why that striker wasn't recruited.
      Sorry but we DID get all the money in one lump payment for Hugill (source, PR and J Kay) at the last forum! I donít know about the money for Cunningham.
      No wums please - low patience threshold

      Comment


      • Originally posted by kbd_pne View Post
        Huddersfield going to massively upgrade their training ground, presumably with their Prem money. Hard not to look on with envy at what a similar sized club there has done in the last couple of seasons.

        http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...g-ground-plans
        Cheap season tickets would never work according to some!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Joanpne View Post
          Sorry but we DID get all the money in one lump payment for Hugill (source, PR and J Kay) at the last forum! I donít know about the money for Cunningham.
          Correct Joan.

          The club viewed that getting money depending on how many times Jordan plays darts etc would not benefit us, especially at such short notice and with Hugull moving out on loan proved to be the correct decision. Even if we have hardly invested any of it since.
          Simples

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Tino View Post
            How long did it take Huddersfield to go from league 1 to the Prem?
            Thatís true, but also worth remembering that we finished above them as recently as the 2015/16 season.

            What they did it seize an opportunity when it came to them, by backing a decent young manager and gathering momentum. They didnít spend huge but broke their record a couple of times.

            What we did this summer was the total opposite, and itís hard to see how our steady, slowly and softly approach would ever get a team promoted from the Championship.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Tino View Post
              How long did it take Huddersfield to go from league 1 to the Prem?

              Why didn't they look to redevelop their training facilities before they got to the Prem?
              Originally posted by jakehake View Post
              Careful with that line of logic
              They didnít use their money on the training ground. They just backed their manager instead...
              I'm back.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by kingpne View Post
                They didnít use their money on the training ground. They just backed their manager instead...
                They also fucked off their academy did they not?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by paddysr View Post
                  They also fucked off their academy did they not?
                  Certainly did
                  With my luck I'll be at the airport when my boat comes in

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by kbd_pne View Post
                    Thatís true, but also worth remembering that we finished above them as recently as the 2015/16 season.

                    What they did it seize an opportunity when it came to them, by backing a decent young manager and gathering momentum. They didnít spend huge but broke their record a couple of times.

                    What we did this summer was the total opposite, and itís hard to see how our steady, slowly and softly approach would ever get a team promoted from the Championship.

                    It might eventually, but probably unlikely because we'll keep selling our better players...... But I'm sure the crowd would prefer a gung ho approach like that of Holloway when at the lashers.. Might not work either but it would be entertaining
                    Vote For John Brown

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Joanpne View Post
                      Sorry but we DID get all the money in one lump payment for Hugill (source, PR and J Kay) at the last forum! I donít know about the money for Cunningham.
                      Originally posted by Chip Barm View Post
                      Correct Joan.

                      The club viewed that getting money depending on how many times Jordan plays darts etc would not benefit us, especially at such short notice and with Hugull moving out on loan proved to be the correct decision. Even if we have hardly invested any of it since.
                      So was it all up front or just not linked to milestones? I was led to believe it was all guaranteed but as with 99% of transfers itís paid over the length of the contract. Iíd be surprised it the Hugill transfer was in the 1%.

                      Originally posted by kbd_pne View Post
                      Thatís true, but also worth remembering that we finished above them as recently as the 2015/16 season.

                      What they did it seize an opportunity when it came to them, by backing a decent young manager and gathering momentum. They didnít spend huge but broke their record a couple of times.

                      What we did this summer was the total opposite, and itís hard to see how our steady, slowly and softly approach would ever get a team promoted from the Championship.
                      I agree, I just like to ask probing questions.

                      It took them 5 seasons btw, I think we should afford the club the same before we start praising Huddersfield for doing stuff after pocketing at least £200M

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by paddysr View Post
                        They also fucked off their academy did they not?
                        Brentford have done the same, and they are constantly praised by our fan base for their approach.
                        I'm back.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by kingpne View Post
                          Brentford have done the same, and they are constantly praised by our fan base for their approach.
                          https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...eague-outcasts

                          Good bit of context for this here if anyoneís interested. Good decision from the Bees imo.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by kingpne View Post
                            Brentford have done the same, and they are constantly praised by our fan base for their approach.
                            Originally posted by Nishtar36 View Post
                            https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...eague-outcasts

                            Good bit of context for this here if anyoneís interested. Good decision from the Bees imo.
                            Due to the very limited success we see in bringing players through from our youth set-up I wouldn't be surprised to see us going down a similar route.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Nishtar36 View Post
                              https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...eague-outcasts

                              Good bit of context for this here if anyoneís interested. Good decision from the Bees imo.
                              I donít mind the idea. Donít like the title ĎB teamí though, mind.

                              The best thing would be to have an U23s / B Team as well as a full established academy, but it costs and probably isnít worth it for a club like us.
                              I'm back.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by paddysr View Post
                                Due to the very limited success we see in bringing players through from our youth set-up I wouldn't be surprised to see us going down a similar route.
                                Our record in recent years hasn't been so bad. Brownhill and Bailey Wright (international player) are both playing at Championship level, as are Davies and Earl in our first team squad. Jamie Proctor, rate him or not, is also playing in the Championship with Rotherham.

                                We did have a long barren spell prior to that though, with basically nobody of note coming through between Lonergan and Wright (a decade ?).

                                Obviously we're yet to produce a superstar, multi-million player from our academy who goes on to be a top Premier League player, but that's very difficult given the competition to sign young players in our area.

                                Clubs like Sheffield United, for example, have a bigger catchment area than us and have much better academies as a result. Hence why they made huge money last year when Kyle Walker and Harry Maguire moved to Man City and Leicester. Even Barnsley did it with Stones. It is noticeable how we've never made decent money further down the line on a prospect from our academy.

                                Agree though that eventually, especially with the academy system seemingly becoming more and more favoured towards big clubs, more clubs will probably follow the model Brentford have tried. Ultimately it's basically what we do anyway with some of our first team recruitment. Picking up the scraps from Premier League clubs further down the line than academy level (Pearson, Johnson, Harrop, Robinson) and trying to develop them into good players.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X