The Wonder of You

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Ive always thought 'invincible' by Muse would be great. A rousing chorus of 'together we're invincible' should sound great from the Town End. Appropriate title for PNE, too.
    I don't know anything about this song but the bit "together we're invincible" sung in the same way as the Leeds fans sing "marching on together" could be very effective. Come on DH get it going.

Comment

Originally posted by royribble View Post
      I don't know anything about this song but the bit "together we're invincible" sung in the same way as the Leeds fans sing "marching on together" could be very effective. Come on DH get it going.
      I can see why they call you royrabble
      "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

Originally posted by raefil View Post
        I can see why they call you royrabble
        Very perceptive :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Norts 1531 View Post
          This is the problem. People are basing a new song for us based on sentiment, rather than inspiration.
          Sentiment and nostalgia are generally what supporting a club is about....most of the old football club anthems that are admired by so many have a historical context...that's why they stir the blood....most are shite songs tbh. You can't just invent a club anthem at this stage...you either have one or will never have one imo.
          Last edited by fac51; 14-09-2018, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fac51 View Post
            Sentiment and nostalgia are generally what supporting a club is about....most of the old football club anthems that are admired by so many have a historical context...that's why they stir the blood....most are shite songs tbh. You can't just invent a club anthem at this stage...you either have one or will never have one imo.
            Yes, but nostalgia isnt what it used to be !!

Comment

The Pet Shop Boys and Dusty Springfield with 'What Have I Done To Deserve This'!

Gentle humour, folks, don't get angry.

Comment

Well I hope and I pray that maybe someday
                You'll walk in the room with my heart
                Add and subtract but as a matter of fact
                Now that you're gone I still want you back
                Remembering, surrendering
                Remembering that part
                All of my heart

Comment

Originally posted by 'Well PNESC View Post
                  The Pet Shop Boys and Dusty Springfield with 'What Have I Done To Deserve This'!

Gentle humour, folks, don't get angry.
                  Ha, excellent, the amount of times ive walked away from Deepdale thinking exactly that
                  "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

Ha, excellent, the amount of times ive walked away from Deepdale thinking exactly that
                    How's the fear mongering about our season going?
                    It's appropriate that the word 'ignorance' is an extension of the word 'ignore.' We ignore so much and so we become ignore-ant. Icke

Comment

Originally posted by truenorthender View Post
                      How's the fear mongering about our season going?
                      Get back to at about 4.50.

Im always optimistic pre match

Justin Welby

Comment

Haha you won't need to today cos we are going to win 3.0
                        (Reply to reaf)
                        It's appropriate that the word 'ignorance' is an extension of the word 'ignore.' We ignore so much and so we become ignore-ant. Icke

Comment

Haha you won't need to today cos we are going to win 3.0
                          (Reply to reaf)
                          sounds a plan

Justin Welby

Comment

sounds a plan
                            Well I've taken Chorley to the prem on footy manager on mobile so I think I know what I'm talking about when predicting results ( if anybody wants updates on how Chorley are doing in the prem pm me ) I'm in 2025 on it and Allan Browne is a stoke legend lol

Comment

Well I've taken Chorley to the prem on footy manager on mobile so I think I know what I'm talking about when predicting results ( if anybody wants updates on how Chorley are doing in the prem pm me ) I'm in 2025 on it and Allan Browne is a stoke legend lol
                              How are Brig doing?

Justin Welby

Comment

Originally posted by Norts 1531 View Post
                                I'm already putting my tin hat on.................

'Margie' is one of the most drab songs I have ever heard. It's awful.
                                +1
                                RIP Kurt
                                Best mates for 14 years
                                09/98 - 11/06/12

Comment

Working...
                                X