Neil in !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbd_pne View Post
    An excellent manager who did a fantastic job last season then was told to work on a shoestring again. Must be totally demoralising, same for the players who have to go again despite the first team not being improved. Itís a fucking joke.
    Absolutely.

And not just to work on a shoestring but to do it without a striker. Absolutely idiotic. Impossible task.

I can't imagine how thoroughly demotivated he must be.

I fear we're close to losing both an excellent manager and our Championship status.

Comment

He's paid to manage the resources he's given within the best of his abilities. Today was the first time I suspected he wasn't up to his contractual obligation. Hope my suspicions are wrong.

Comment

An excellent manager who did a fantastic job last season then was told to work on a shoestring again. Must be totally demoralising, same for the players who have to go again despite the first team not being improved. Itís a fucking joke.
        Presumably he was aware he hadnít taken the Man City job.

If he really is demoralised he should do one immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by pet shop boy View Post
          PNE fans shouting for a change in management need to get real. It was an exciting 5 goal match that we unfortunately came out on the wrong side of. We are in the Premier league division 2 which has fantastic quality football against massive clubs some of which have won European trophies. We are one of the smallest clubs punching most weeks above our weight. Reading lost a playoff against Huddersfield and could quite easily be a Prem. club. Expecting to beat them just because they are lower in the league is misguided. The manager had 3 influential midfielders to replace and tried a couple of permutations to win the game. He didnít want Barky to lose possession before their winner or to hit the bar with a cracking header early on. He can only do so much and relies on the players to carry out his tactics. Think positive and you might just enjoy the football weíre playing, I do, and itís great to sit in a great stadium watching Championship football, win lose or draw.
          Reading were the worst team I have seen at Deepdale since we won promotion back to this division, I expect them to be fighting relegation, where does that leave us ?????
          Last edited by Wisemen say; 16-09-2018, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by justinr73 View Post

Such a massive exaggeration that. Massive difference to expecting a Man City budget, and expecting just a bit of the Hugill and Cunningham money (2 key players gone).

Seems he couldnít get Moore from Barnsley or Jerome on loan sanctioned. Thatís hardly asking for multi-million superstars.

If he Ďdid oneí I suspect we wouldnít come close to finding someone of similar calibre.

Comment

Originally posted by PNEurotic View Post
              He's paid to manage the resources he's given within the best of his abilities. Today was the first time I suspected he wasn't up to his contractual obligation. Hope my suspicions are wrong.
              No sh*t.

Work to rule do they call it?

Comment

Guess so. But he was employed with the promise of realistic promotion campaigns and thereby the inference of modest but realistic investment.

Why would you give up a well paid job just because your boss has moved the goalposts and made the original target a virtually impossible task?

Think we can guess how things might pan out can't we.

Comment

Such a massive exaggeration that. Massive difference to expecting a Man City budget, and expecting just a bit of the Hugill and Cunningham money (2 key players gone).

Seems he couldnít get Moore from Barnsley or Jerome on loan sanctioned. Thatís hardly asking for multi-million superstars.

If he Ďdid oneí I suspect we wouldnít come close to finding someone of similar calibre.
                  Firstly, I would be surprised if he really is demoralised but surely he is more professional than that?

However, he could be the best manager in the world but if heís behaving like a smacked arse then heís doing more harm than good.

Comment

Originally posted by 26-0 View Post
                    Guess so. But he was employed with the promise of realistic promotion campaigns and thereby the inference of modest but realistic investment.

Why would you give up a well paid job just because your boss has moved the goalposts and made the original target a virtually impossible task?

Think we can guess how things might pan out can't we.
                    Dunno. Itís a long time since I wasnít the boss. Iíd like to think I would have the integrity to resign though.

Comment

Firstly, I would be surprised if he really is demoralised but surely he is more professional than that?

However, he could be the best manager in the world but if heís behaving like a smacked arse then heís doing more harm than good.
                      I think youíll find itís the owner that is the smacked arse, not the manager.
                      I'm back.

Comment

Working...
                      X