No announcement yet.

Alex Neil; Short term hit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no way we should be discussing replacing Neil just yet. But we're currently struggling big time. I think we all thought the international break came at a good time and we'd come back refreshed and firing to beat Reading. We clearly didn't.

However, we have Leeds, Sheff U, WBA, Villa and Wigan to come in the next 5. 4 defeats from that lot and he'd be in serious trouble and we'd have 1 win from the opening 12. Unfortunately what he did last year would quickly be forgotten.

Worrying for me is we're a bit of a soft touch and any side looking to end a bad run must be hoping they play us next. There were numerous examples of it last season and Reading have just registered their 4th win in 34 matches, with 2 of them being against us!

We're currently on 10 wins this calendar year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickypne View Post
      I honestly believe the Transfer Window has had more of an effect than just the lack of a Striker. Neil wanted a Striker, he didn't get one, even Barky said in the LEP the team needed another Striker. Has the window had an affect on the Manager and the players? The owner has let everyone down imo and it's affected morale etc.
      AN said after the game that we have no target to go up to in a game like Saturday when we’re chasing it and want to move it forward quicker.

As a result, we have no choice but to try to play through teams.

This makes us pretty one-dimensional and predictable, and also it’s debatable whether we have the level of technical ability to just play through teams every week. We need to be nasty and physical to wins games consistently at this level and right now we totally lack that.
      Last edited by kbd_pne; 17-09-2018, 01:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by kbd_pne View Post
        AN said after the game that we have no target to go up to in a game like Saturday when we’re chasing it and want to move it forward quicker.

As a result, we have no choice but to try to play through teams.

This makes us pretty one-dimensional and predictable, and also it’s debatable whether he have the level of technical to just play through teams every week. We need to be nasty and physical to wins games consistently at this level and right now we totally lack that.
        I don't think it's debateable, we clearly don't. And it's why it was argued by many around the sale of Hugill that he'd be a big loss. Some seemed to think we'd suddenly just start playing through teams.

I don't remember Moult, Robinson or Nmecha winning a single header on Saturday either as a lay off to someone or as a flick on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tino View Post
          I don't think it's debateable, we clearly don't. And it's why it was argued by many around the sale of Hugill that he'd be a big loss. Some seemed to think we'd suddenly just start playing through teams.

I don't remember Moult, Robinson or Nmecha winning a single header on Saturday either as a lay off to someone or as a flick on.
          Moult doesn’t even jump or challenge in aerial duels. We know Robinson’s fundamentally lightweight centrally but he does okay in the circumstances, if we’d strengthened properly he wouldn’t really be an option there. Nmecha is just a kid ultimately.

It was one thing selling Hugill but not signing a physical forward with some of the money is another thing entirely.

It’s done now though until at least January, when we will probably get our hopes up for no reason again, but I think the lack of a target man is showing now and proves that trying to ‘make do’ and not strengthening properly limits us tactically on the pitch every single week.

Comment

Originally posted by kbd_pne View Post
            Moult doesn’t even jump or challenge in aerial duels. We know Robinson’s fundamentally lightweight centrally but he does okay in the circumstances, if we’d strengthened properly he wouldn’t really be an option there. Nmecha is just a kid ultimately.

It was one thing selling Hugill but not signing a physical forward with some of the money is another thing entirely.

It’s done now though until at least January, when we will probably get our hopes up for no reason again, but I think the lack of a target man is showing now and proves that trying to ‘make do’ and not strengthening properly limits us tactically on the pitch every single week.
            It's a funny game isn't it? Not long ago many(myself included) thought 2 million for Moore was far too steep. In hindsight now, it was probably a fair amount and how we could have done with him on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickypne View Post
              It's a funny game isn't it? Not long ago many(myself included) thought 2 million for Moore was far too steep. In hindsight now, it was probably a fair amount and how we could have done with him on Saturday.
              i wasnt assed about the price tag micky, im a supporter at the end of the day, so although id never want to see us implode i dont really care what players are on or what we pay as long as they are a nobber
              i was more worried that it didnt meet the description that AN provided (this was seddons piece which was accurate! 11th June 2018)

Manager Alex Neil wants plenty of options in the final third of the pitch as he looks for more goals next season.

But their target to play up front is believed to be far more experienced and will require a larger-than-normal outlay. It is a waiting game at the moment, with the transfer window still at a relatively early stage. Landing the striker might take a degree of patience. There are other options, North End also looking at a younger striker on loan from the top flight. But having a touch more experience at the top end of the pitch is desirable

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football...gets-1-9200574

did Moore match that?
              prob not, and we were linked with cameron jerome, laughable now i know

but would i take Moore now? course i would
              would Moore be the answer? who knows

note before even this i still felt we needed another striker in to go with moult magure and two more

shambolic TH
              Alex Neil and supporters hoodwinked

Comment

Working...
              X