Goals scored/conceded

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schofe View Post
    It was the plan for maguire all along, not sure why people got mad at you as you’re correct in saying out best footy last year was with maguire out wide. He has a burst of pace that most defenders can’t match over 5 yards. Yesterdays 4th was evidence of that. We still needed to bring moore in as well as Nmecha for competition and another option. Moult is more of a 6 yard poacher or someone to bring on when going 2 up top etc. We would have had decent options then and with wide men of robbo, barks, maguire and bodin (obvs injured) but now barker we’d have been well stocked and of course maguire can go up top too.
    Yeah nobody was ‘mad’ but I just didn’t really fathom the idea that a quite few seemed set on, that any big striker that we signed would’ve been to come off the bench and that’s it. Injury has just compounded that idea as nonsense even further.

When actually given the option of playing Maguire centrally or a big physical presence (Hugill) in the first half of the season, AN always plumped for the latter, and used Maguire off the flank.

I would still expect us to go for a striker in January (Surridge at Oldham being watched very closely), but as you say with players coming back into form and fitness, suddenly our forward options look an awful lot better.
    Last edited by kbd_pne; 07-10-2018, 07:53 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by kbd_pne View Post
      Yeah nobody was ‘mad’ but I just didn’t really fathom the idea that a quite few seemed set on, that any big striker that we signed would’ve been to come off the bench and that’s it. Injury has just compounded that idea as nonsense even further.

When actually given the option of playing Maguire centrally or a big physical presence (Hugill) in the first half of the season, AN always plumped for the latter, and used Maguire off the flank.

I would still expect us to go for a striker in January (Surridge at Oldham being watched very closely), but as you say with playing come back into form and fitness suddenly our options look an awful lot better.
      Surridge could be a very shrewd bit of business, albeit league 2 he’s standing out and also for a young lad doesn’t mind the physical battle.
      Maguire out wide also shows why we were willing to let horgan go. Only drawback was the injury to Bodin.

Comment

I the one game I have managed to get to so far (Derby) the biggest difference from last season was much less of a high-press game, defending from the front. Instead we seemed to sit back much more and invite pressure.

Comment

Working...
        X