Ryan Ledson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sports rehab View Post
    Ernest Dont disagree, I just expect Gally to be chosen before him.......experience - 2 goals in 2 games etc etc...
    I doubt it. Just because they're both central midfielders doesn't mean they're the same kind of player. Gallagher and Johnson fight for the passing midfielder role and Pearson and Ledson for the aggressive defensive midfielder role. This season has shown that playing 2 of the same kind of players in the middle of the park rarely works and is more of a risk than losing experience

Comment

Originally posted by sports rehab View Post
      Ernest Dont disagree, I just expect Gally to be chosen before him.......experience - 2 goals in 2 games etc etc...
      I highly doubt a professional manager would ever pick a player based on a free kick and a penalty in conestcitice games ... fans may well do

Comment

Originally posted by MrHodgeheg123 View Post
        You're probably right but it's yet another example of posters sticking the boot into another PRESTON player.
        Robinson, Nmecha,Barky, DJ, Hunts,Clarke, Rudd, Maxwell, Harrop, Earl etc etc. They've all kopped for it when perhaps there's been a dip in form. Some of the criticism has been embarrassing.
        If this forum is representative of Preston fans as a whole then it's shameful.
        There's not one player that doesn't give 100%. Do they all go through a run of bad form at some stage? Show me a player that doesn't.
        It's easy sat behind a keyboard putting the world to rights but unfortunately it ain't that easy or realistic.
        Players do read posts made on here I'm sure. I would.
        Support and encourage don't kick them in the bollocks when they're already down.
        I'd disagree here Hodgeheg. No one is really sticking the boot in - I think people are just commenting on how Ledson has performed so far - which lets face it hasn't been great. Now if people were asked 'do you think Ledson will improve?' then I'm sure most posters would say yes, course he can. Just because he plays for PRESTON doesn't mean folk can't say they don't rate him based on what they have seen of him so far and it doesn't make them any less of a supporter. The players you mentioned at the start of your post have, to a certain extent, earned their slatings because they too have been poor at times. But fickle as fans are, they are nearly always quick to suddenly turn it around and say he's great as soon as he puts in just one or two decent performances - Nmecha and Barky just this week to name but two. You can almost see the sea change match by match on here....'he's crap, no he's great, he's crap, hang on, I mean great...nope, crap again,....Neil in, Neil out, Neil in, Neil out....
        Last edited by Dirty Harry; 08-10-2018, 08:22 PM.
        Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
          I'd disagree here Hodgeheg. No one is really sticking the boot in - I think people are just commenting on how Ledson has performed so far - which lets face it hasn't been great. Now if people were asked 'do you think Ledson will improve?' then I'm sure most posters would say yes, course he can. Just because he plays for PRESTON doesn't mean folk can't say they don't rate him based on what they have seen of him so far and it doesn't make them any less of a supporter. The players you mentioned at the start of your post have, to a certain extent, earned their slatings because they too have been poor at times. But fickle as fans are, they are nearly always quick to suddenly turn it around and say he's great as soon as he puts in just one or two decent performances - Nmecha and Barky just this week to name but two. You can almost see the sea change match by match on here....'he's crap, no he's great, he's crap, hang on, I mean great...nope, crap again,....Neil in, Neil out, Neil in, Neil out....
          You are right, Ledson hasn't really come in for that much stick but it's just the tip of the iceberg.
          I'm sick to the back teeth of people wading in to slate players at the slightest opportunity and it's not just on here.
          From the first minute on Saturday there were three dickheads sat behind me berating Clarke. After 20 minutes I decided to offer my opinion which they didn't like and decided not to take their seats after half time but sit a few rows further down. Must not have liked being criticized
          It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Comment

Originally posted by kingpne View Post

I like Ledson but Pearson is far superior in absolutely every area.
            Ledsonís first name is longer

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Trundle View Post
              Hmmm

Ryan

or

Benjamin?

"The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

Originally posted by raefil View Post
                Hmmm

Ryan

or

Benjamin?

Yep youíre right

Pearson is genuinely better in every way

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Trundle View Post
                  If only you were as quick replying to texts as you are to try and get one over on me on here.
                  I'm back.

Comment

Originally posted by kbd_pne View Post
                    Also not sure where the idea has come from that Pearson should be scoring goals. Look at his role in the team. He is THE holding midfielder and is rarely even towards the edge of the box in this system.
                    I donít think Gary Swannís role was to score goals either, particularly when he was at left back, but he managed to chip in with a good few for the good of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by BAJPNE View Post
                      Feel sorry for Ledson, because he has literally been signed as back up for Pearsonís suspension, doesnít matter if he has a mint game he will almost indefinitely be dropped.
                      Not really. Well he's played in 7 games along with Pearson. Swansea and Norwich he was an unused sub and WBA he wasn't available. In the 3 games Pearson was banned Ledson was banned for 2 of them but played in the 3rd.

He played vs Derby and Leeds (cup), missed 3 games through suspension and played in the next 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
                        How can you say he hasn't been great?

Against Boro and West Brow I thought he played quite well.

Comment

Itís a shame he didnít come in January, I think we would be benefiting from that right now. Wouldíve already had 6 months adjusting to the level.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
                            How can you say he hasn't been great?

Against Boro and West Brow I thought he played quite well.
                            Great? Quite well? Whatís the difference eh?

Comment

Working...
                            X