Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valuation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I don't trust a lot of the player valuations banded around but we did get £10m for Hugill...probably our most valuable players are Pearson Robinson and Browne followed by some of the other players coming through such as Earl / Storey / Ben Davies but £77m seems a bit inflated
    Last edited by By Tor; 14-10-2018, 05:02 PM. Reason: Left Davies out

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by By Tor View Post
      I don't trust a lot of the player valuations banded around but we did get £10m for Hugill...probably our most valuable players are Pearson Robinson and Browne followed by some of the other players coming through such as Earl / Storey / Ben Davies but £77m seems a bit inflated
      It was more likely a PR stunt (pardon the pun!) you will have noticed there was no mention of who did the valuation.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by pnenycx View Post
        Is this true? Surprised on two counts. That someone offered that much and that we rejected it.
        I think Stoke offered £12 million late in the transfer window. As it was too late for us to replace Pearson, we said £20 million or no deal.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Mickypne View Post
          Agree. Wigan have been sold for 22 milion so how the fuck are we worth 3 times more? It bollox
          The valuation of the club and squad may not necessarily tally. In addition to the assets of the club (ground, training ground and players etc), the club also have ongoing liabilities that a buyer will become responsible for, the largest of these would be player salaries; so these would be factored into the valuation of the club as a whole.
          Last edited by Town_ender; 15-10-2018, 12:07 AM.

          Comment


          • #35
            It can’t be a coincidence that the £77 m ‘valuation’ is just above what TH has put into the club. To get anywhere near that though is cloud cuckoo land as Wigan’s sale has shown at £22 m (rumoured). Even then there won’t be many people who’ll want to put £22m or so in up front and then say at least £5m a year for long shot odds of a big Premier League pay out, unless it’s an emotional investment but there’s no sign of a Preston version of Jack Walker or Derby’s Candy Crush Chairman. Looks to me like TH will be at the helm for a little longer yet and I’d say be careful for what you wish for as he’s kept us afloat and competitive.

            Comment


            • #36
              If you want to buy the club you're looking at £77 million, or offers in the region thereof.
              So Sammy Choo comes in and says:
              "£40,000,000."
              Ridsdale answers:
              "£65,000,000."
              "£50,000,000" says Choo.
              "£60,000,000." says Ridsdale.
              "£58,000,000?" asks Choo.
              "Done!" Says Ridsdale (including 1% broker's fee)

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by norky84 View Post
                I think Stoke offered £12 million late in the transfer window. As it was too late for us to replace Pearson, we said £20 million or no deal.
                Like we would have replaced him anyway. Most likely Ledson would have been expected to step straight up.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by tcinders View Post

                  It was more likely a PR stunt (pardon the pun!) you will have noticed there was no mention of who did the valuation.
                  I thought he said the auditors had carried out the valuation

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X