X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remind me
    On the forward discussion
    How much did we pay for moult?
    I ask as Iím wondering with the alleged few million from the Hugill sale still in the coffers what we can realistically hope to get when we inevitably sell moult and trust of a potential purchase in the next transfer window ?

Comment

Originally posted by edgy View Post
      Remind me
      On the forward discussion
      How much did we pay for moult?
      I ask as Iím wondering with the alleged few million from the Hugill sale still in the coffers what we can realistically hope to get when we inevitably sell moult and trust of a potential purchase in the next transfer window ?
      750k I think

Comment

Originally posted by California_PNE View Post
        750k I think
        Was reported as 450k and 10k a week up in Scotland - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...moult-11694276

Comment

AN says on the PNE Podcast that the players deserve credit for how threatening we look at the moment after failing to sign a striker and having 3 serious attacking injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by kbd_pne View Post
            AN says on the PNE Podcast that the players deserve credit for how threatening we look at the moment after failing to sign a striker and having 3 serious attacking injuries.
            A good point.

Comment

[QUOTE=kingpne;2633802]I think it says all you need to know about his first few games that the best thing he did was make a blindside run (which almost all strikers with any sort of pace look to do, itís not rocket science), which he ended up scuffing anyway.[/QUOTE

He ended up forcing the keeper to tip it over for a corner on his weaker left foot.

Heís not suddenly become a good player against Wigan, heís displayed all those attributes in previous games. You donít become Cityís 3rd choice striker under Guardiola if you arenít good enough - Mavididi comparisons were absolutely laughable and pathetic.

Comment

If Nmecha now starts playing consistently as he has done in the last two matches then we could well have the most exciting centre forward in the Championship at out disposal for the rest of the season or maybe until January if he becomes so good that Man City recall him. For the next few games we need our attack to be threatening enough to opposition defences to allow our defence to get used to keeping clean sheets again. We have been creating chances for several games now - if Nmecha, Robinson, Maguire and Barkhuizen all play at the top of their game we actually could stick several goals a game away.

Comment

[QUOTE=Nishtar36;2633881]
                  Originally posted by kingpne View Post
                  I think it says all you need to know about his first few games that the best thing he did was make a blindside run (which almost all strikers with any sort of pace look to do, itís not rocket science), which he ended up scuffing anyway.[/QUOTE

He ended up forcing the keeper to tip it over for a corner on his weaker left foot.

Heís not suddenly become a good player against Wigan, heís displayed all those attributes in previous games. You donít become Cityís 3rd choice striker under Guardiola if you arenít good enough - Mavididi comparisons were absolutely laughable and pathetic.
                  Youíre right he hasnít suddenly become a good player. But heís only started to show heís a good player. As per himself, and the manager, who left him out the squad because he wasnít performing.

Heís come through his settling in period and now seems ready for menís football.
                  I'm back.

Comment

Originally posted by ernest View Post
                    If Nmecha now starts playing consistently as he has done in the last two matches then we could well have the most exciting centre forward in the Championship at out disposal for the rest of the season or maybe until January if he becomes so good that Man City recall him. For the next few games we need our attack to be threatening enough to opposition defences to allow our defence to get used to keeping clean sheets again. We have been creating chances for several games now - if Nmecha, Robinson, Maguire and Barkhuizen all play at the top of their game we actually could stick several goals a game away.
                    Think they can only recall him if we agree to it. We probably would agree as to not harm any future relationship with City but I highly doubt they would recall him anyway.

Comment

Only way I see Nmecha being recalled is if he has a blinder here and someone like Huddersfield or Cardiff enquire to loan him with guarantees of playing time.

Comment

I'm afraid I don't have quite the same confidence in Nmecha maintaining his form of the last couple of games for the rest of the season (a big ask of an inexperienced youngster) or of Maguire staying fit for the same duration. I think we definitely need another striker, preferably the target man Neil has said he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Schemer View Post
                          I'm afraid I don't have quite the same confidence in Nmecha maintaining his form of the last couple of games for the rest of the season (a big ask of an inexperienced youngster) or of Maguire staying fit for the same duration. I think we definitely need another striker, preferably the target man Neil has said he wants.
                          Let's see where we are come January. The player who gets dismissed all too easily in these discussions is Moult. If we had signed a targetman who had come on as a sub at Villa and scored the goal Moult did the shouts on here would all be - 'Look what we have been missing uptil now.'

Comment

Let's see where we are come January. The player who gets dismissed all too easily in these discussions is Moult. If we had signed a targetman who had come on as a sub at Villa and scored the goal Moult did the shouts on here would all be - 'Look what we have been missing uptil now.'
                            One goal from a set piece wonít change peopleís opinions though will it ?

It remains a fact that especially from the start of games he has looked incapable physically of leading the line, and carried hardly any goal threat.

Signing a physical forward in January remains a must. A couple of good displays from Nmecha and just one goal from Moult (his first of the season) doesnít change that.

Comment

Working...
                            X