Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connor Simpson on a hyding to nothing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Simpson puts the Tigers 1-0 up, cross from Pratt and Simpson smashes it into the top corner on the half volley Lancaster 0 Hyde 1

    sounds like a decent goal.
    Josh Earl 19, Josh Harrop 22,Ben Davies 22, Ben Pearson 23, Callum Robinson 23, Alan Browne 23, Sean Maguire 24, Darnell Fisher 24, Tom Barkhuizen 24, Ryan Ledson 20, Jordan Storey 20, Graham Burke 24, Connor Simpson 18.These young players are our future.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by sf View Post
      It's a physical league, at 18 that's all you want really, the overall standard isn't that important.

      A million times more productive than playing youth football.
      Couldn't agree more with this. Wish more and more young players were loaned out to semi-pro sides, they learn buckets more not only with regards to the standard (which I have no doubt is better than u18-21) but mostly the physicality. He'll be up against blokes twice his age and about twice his width so it's only a good thing! Cracking he's banging goals as well.

      Comment


      • #78
        Another goal today for Connor in the Hyde game against Mike Howard’s Hednesford Town.

        Comment


        • #79
          We are happy to announce that Preston North End have agreed to extend the loan of Connor Simpson to January 1st 2019.

          Connor has impressed the management and supporters alike, with 5 goals in 9 appearances.

          Heres to seeing many more goals in his time with us.
          Josh Earl 19, Josh Harrop 22,Ben Davies 22, Ben Pearson 23, Callum Robinson 23, Alan Browne 23, Sean Maguire 24, Darnell Fisher 24, Tom Barkhuizen 24, Ryan Ledson 20, Jordan Storey 20, Graham Burke 24, Connor Simpson 18.These young players are our future.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by llanroc View Post
            We are happy to announce that Preston North End have agreed to extend the loan of Connor Simpson to January 1st 2019.

            Connor has impressed the management and supporters alike, with 5 goals in 9 appearances.

            Heres to seeing many more goals in his time with us.
            Makes sense all round

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Mickypne View Post

              Makes sense all round
              Certainly does. Would have made no sense to bring him back now... assuming that he wouldn't be eligible to play until January (unless maybe it's different for youth loans.

              5 goals in 9 games is good... but I had the impression it was nearer a goal a game the way this thread has been talking!

              Will be interesting what happens in January.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Regardless View Post

                Certainly does. Would have made no sense to bring him back now... assuming that he wouldn't be eligible to play until January (unless maybe it's different for youth loans.

                5 goals in 9 games is good... but I had the impression it was nearer a goal a game the way this thread has been talking!

                Will be interesting what happens in January.
                I thought it was about 6 or 7 tbf

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Regardless View Post

                  Certainly does. Would have made no sense to bring him back now... assuming that he wouldn't be eligible to play until January (unless maybe it's different for youth loans.

                  5 goals in 9 games is good... but I had the impression it was nearer a goal a game the way this thread has been talking!

                  Will be interesting what happens in January.
                  The goals are a bonus, the fact he's played 9 games in just over a month is the most important thing.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    He started off with a few appearances from the bench, but the pleasing thing is that he is now starting most games, which is no mean feat for a 17 year old imo.
                    Josh Earl 19, Josh Harrop 22,Ben Davies 22, Ben Pearson 23, Callum Robinson 23, Alan Browne 23, Sean Maguire 24, Darnell Fisher 24, Tom Barkhuizen 24, Ryan Ledson 20, Jordan Storey 20, Graham Burke 24, Connor Simpson 18.These young players are our future.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by llanroc View Post
                      He started off with a few appearances from the bench, but the pleasing thing is that he is now starting most games, which is no mean feat for a 17 year old imo.
                      He's 18, turning 19 in a couple of months. Hate to be pedantic, but the difference between a 17 year old footballer and a 19 year old footballer can be huge. Glad to see he's doing well at Hyde, but I don't see him having a future in the 2nd tier, although hopefully I'm wrong.
                      "It is our light, not our darkness, which most frightens us."

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by mercer View Post

                        He's 18, turning 19 in a couple of months. Hate to be pedantic, but the difference between a 17 year old footballer and a 19 year old footballer can be huge. Glad to see he's doing well at Hyde, but I don't see him having a future in the 2nd tier, although hopefully I'm wrong.

                        I wonder how he compares to Hugill at this stage? Genuine question btw.
                        Vote For John Brown

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by mercer View Post

                          He's 18, turning 19 in a couple of months. Hate to be pedantic, but the difference between a 17 year old footballer and a 19 year old footballer can be huge. Glad to see he's doing well at Hyde, but I don't see him having a future in the 2nd tier, although hopefully I'm wrong.
                          You might not be, but there's no way anyone can say for sure just yet. He's barely started playing, 25 games into his career.

                          Originally posted by Liberation View Post


                          I wonder how he compares to Hugill at this stage? Genuine question btw.
                          He was playing for Whitby in 2011. He didn't even move to Port Vale until 2013.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Tino View Post

                            You might not be, but there's no way anyone can say for sure just yet. He's barely started playing, 25 games into his career.



                            He was playing for Whitby in 2011. He didn't even move to Port Vale until 2013.

                            There's hope yet then.... Another 10 mil in the bank.
                            Vote For John Brown

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Yet another for him today

                              Scarborough Athletic
                              0 - 2  Full time
                              Hyde United
                              • Connor Simpson 18'
                              • Nicholas Platt 22'



                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by nobleroman View Post
                                Yet another for him today

                                Scarborough Athletic
                                0 - 2  Full time
                                Hyde United
                                • Connor Simpson 18'
                                • Nicholas Platt 22'


                                I'd be sending him out to a league 2 club come January

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X