Displaying a thread..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying a thread..

Generally like the new forum but I did prefer the old forums structure of showing the last post to first when it came to viewing threads. It was much easier IMO to see the latest posts in a long thread.

As it stands when looking for recent posts I see the first post of the thread and then hit "latest activity" and still get the first post and then recent posts which sometimes appear numerically top to bottom and the on other occasions bottom to top.

A reply ply to a post takes you to the bottom of the thread and it's a bit confusing.

Maybe its just me ?
    If you pay to watch the Premier League on TV.. you are part of the problem !

If you use the "Todays posts" function, when you get the list of threads, to the left of the thread title there should be a little blue circle with two arrows pointing down, that takes you to the first unread post. On the right of the screen after the posters name there are two blue arrows pointing right, they take you to the very last post. Think that is what you were asking sorry

Comment

For me, although this new look seems to have pleased almost everyone, I donít think itís a patch on the previous on. I use an IPad and itís frankly a pain in the arse to navigate to posts without having to start at the beginning or go to the last post. I may be wrong* but it seems to me that the post count is well down on what it was as well.

Comment

Edit, just spotted the post above about the little blue arrows. That works but on an iPad or iPhone they are very tiny and you need to expand the screen. This is where Tapatalk was brilliant. It was designed to view forums on a phone or s tablet. Big miss for me.

Comment

Originally posted by sliper View Post
          Generally like the new forum but I did prefer the old forums structure of showing the last post to first when it came to viewing threads. It was much easier IMO to see the latest posts in a long thread.

As it stands when looking for recent posts I see the first post of the thread and then hit "latest activity" and still get the first post and then recent posts which sometimes appear numerically top to bottom and the on other occasions bottom to top.

A reply ply to a post takes you to the bottom of the thread and it's a bit confusing.

Maybe its just me ?

No it's not ... Us dinosaurs should stick together..

Vote For John Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Henrys Cat View Post
            Edit, just spotted the post above about the little blue arrows. That works but on an iPad or iPhone they are very tiny and you need to expand the screen. This is where Tapatalk was brilliant. It was designed to view forums on a phone or s tablet. Big miss for me.
            I agree, I miss tapatalk also but it seems it's a bigger risk to allow it so will have to use alternatives till a Mobile app can be developed. Frustrating but with GDPR etc. it's more hassle for website owners

Comment

Working...
            X