X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by We8PNE View Post
    Your arithmetic is somewhat flawed.
    Why ? Preach is correct - there are 10,000 members.

Admittedly they might not all be active, but there are 10,000..............

Comment

Maybe he's just forgot his password.
      dp/1853677280 Th
      Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for preach and the entire human race

Comment

We are currently building Back Henry Street version 3 and moving away from standard forum templates. Our web developer is building it from scratch and knows his stuff. He works for Sky as a web developer. I'm not saying it will have the most users but it will be the most modern forum on the internet. Couple of features to give you an idea:

- Integrated mobile version
        - Moving away from the idea of forums as a bit old school. There will be filters so you can choose whether to view all threads as one or by individual channels as General Football, General Chat, etc.

The reason I mention this is that we potentially could do one for PNE using the same design if the owner of this forum doesn't return anytime soon.

It just depends if you would be comfortable paying a hosting fee to a Lasher
        Last edited by leftbackdarton; 05-02-2018, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by northendlondon View Post
          (Clearly the current forum is a bit crap. I’m happy to help sort out migration to a new forum if it’s a tech issue, but if it’s just a money issue it probably wouldn’t be that much to get a new one, no?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Something needs to happen, the site is under attack again, it's slow and more error messages today.

Originally posted by leftbackdarton View Post
          We are currently building Back Henry Street version 3 and moving away from standard forum templates. Our web developer is building it from scratch and knows his stuff. He works for Sky as a web developer. I'm not saying it will have the most users but it will be the most modern forum on the internet. Couple of features to give you an idea:

- Moving away from the idea of forums as a bit old school. There will be filters so you can choose whether to view all threads as one or by individual channels as General Football, General Chat, etc.

The reason I mention this is that we potentially could do one for PNE using the same design if the owner of this forum doesn't return anytime soon.

Interesting, the most modern and least used. Will you be having the Bash the Genuine Fan Button?
          3 Butter Pies and a coke please : D

Comment

I'm an economic online statistics analytics analysis projections data compiling profile consultant......and that honestly sounds like a pointless waste of money.

Comment

Seems a bit extravagant for eight of you.... What's financing it?.... Not the stolen donations I hope.
              Vote For John Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Liberation View Post
                Seems a bit extravagant for eight of you.... What's financing it?.... Not the stolen donations I hope.
                Doesn't really cost us much apart from time as mate already pays for the hosting fees for other business services. This is obviously just pleasure. Even though Back Henry Street is ten times better than AVFTT in terms of technology, it just doesn't do enough to entice users to join. We have learned that it's all about the content and ease of use and this is where the focus is. For example AVFTT users prefer to see topics on one page rather than having different forums so this is an area of focus. We are going to have the option to view all threads on one page but also the option to filter it by category. It still might not have the desired affect but not much to lose!

The only challenge we have is migrating the data as our current forum is built on oldish technology where as the new one is being built on the latest and greatest. I would say there is no hope of this forum keeping the old data unless the owner re-appears again!

Comment

Doesn't really cost us much apart from time as mate already pays for the hosting fees for other business services. This is obviously just pleasure. Even though Back Henry Street is ten times better than AVFTT in terms of technology, it just doesn't do enough to entice users to join. We have learned that it's all about the content and ease of use and this is where the focus is. For example AVFTT users prefer to see topics on one page rather than having different forums so this is an area of focus. We are going to have the option to view all threads on one page but also the option to filter it by category. It still might not have the desired affect but not much to lose!

The only challenge we have is migrating the data as our current forum is built on oldish technology where as the new one is being built on the latest and greatest. I would say there is no hope of this forum keeping the old data unless the owner re-appears again!
                  perhaps the key is actually this one, the main focus is obviously the footy but the other parts, news sections very popular and in many ways its become a historical resource for the city of Preston.

I think the other sections also keep people coming back even in the dull moments when PNE win and there is little for users to moan about
                  "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

Originally posted by raefil View Post
                    perhaps the key is actually this one, the main focus is obviously the footy but the other parts, news sections very popular and in many ways its become a historical resource for the city of Preston.

I think the other sections also keep people coming back even in the dull moments when PNE win and there is little for users to moan about
                    We made the mistake of having too many forums to begin with, probably trying to copy PNE Online! We were over eager to conquer avftt without having any experience in running forums. It was the wrong tactic as it just resulted in empty forums and we have never recovered. At least with this new one, we can have as many channels (filters) as we want as people can simply select the 'All' button (which will be default) to view all posts together. Users could then for example click the general football tag and it will only show the general football posts.

Comment

Well the abuse on there is enough to turn fans away.

It is about content, you'll never be able to compete with AVFTT,

I'll be honest your forum was great, but any PNE fans that try to have Banter are banned, your Moderators are over the top, more mods than Posters. Also the Mushrooms and Scabs etc, need to be stopped. Your site has an image problem, because of the support for the abuse. You could apologise and sort it out, and use it to entice fans that go on the game and don't and by having respect for one another. It will be hard, because I know people that refuse for those reasons. Before spending cash, sort out the image of the site, make it about BFC again and not just an Oyston bashing site. Good luck. (PS thats honest advice, you don;t have to take it, but seriously think about it, take a step back and take a look on the outside, look at it as a PNE fan or Bolton, then as those that attend and you'll see)

Comment

Leftbackdarton, I see your resident bellend Hero-Of-The-Night is asking for me to "un-ban" him.

First of all, I never banned him although I was 100% in agreement to ban this person.

The reasons included trolling, personal abuse and basically acting a complete dicksplash.

I am all for banter, piss taking etc but this person overstepped the mark from Day One. At least yourself, even if prone to the odd moment or 3 to post BS , know that along with We8PNE, Retro-Seasider, TAM, etc to name but a few, where the line becomes blurred.

If we are having a shit time, I personally have no issue with Lashers giving us some gyp if the thread warrants it. Two Way street mind. You had your fun in 2010 -12 as we suffered, now the wheel of fate has fully turned.

However, HOTN telling people to F Off all the time, threatening stuff, etc isn't on in any walk of life, here or on the street. Yes, tensions in threads can get raised but when the abuse he is dishing out is for no other reason than the fact he is a Lasher on a Nobbers MB, then he has to go. Simple as that. Debate, defend your corner by all means but wanton abuse, for no real reason, is a No-No.

Talking of abuse, the 1st song I learnt on the Nobbers aged 8, still my favourite chant to this day.

"Sea Sea Seaside Shit".

As a final aside, I drove past the Jimmy Armfield statue last week en route to Fleetwood and back last Wed, Thurs, Friday. Every credit with the flowers etc. I saluted him from my vehicle as I passed. R.I.P Jimmy.
                        RIP Kurt
                        Best mates for 14 years
                        09/98 - 11/06/12

Comment

Hey LBD, can you get the details of the post that I was banned for? I allegedly said something about your wife, you never saw it apparently, I can tell you now that there was nothing in it. I was banned for being a North End fan, simple as that.

There lies your problem. It doesn't matter if you produce the greatest web site/forum of the galaxy it's the way it is run. You have about ten posters, the majority of which are mods. Anyone with an opposing view, or giving banter, just gets slaughtered. You spend all your days slagging off your own supporters or anyone who dares to have a different opinion. Do you really expect the 'scabs' and 'shrooms' to suddenly mix amongst you because the site looks pretty?

I joined your site to give back what we took on here when we went through a bad spell. All of it was tongue in cheek. I expected and deserved the flak I got as an opposing supporter........although I did absolutely nothing to get banned........your fellow supporters did nothing to deserve the grief you handful have constantly dished out.

in a nutshell you promoted division, now you expect the true supporters you targeted to start posting because your site will look pretty. I suggest you ban about six of the ten posters and allow the real fans a chance, you've been begging for a take over, maybe you've been concentrating on the wrong business.
                          Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobber View Post
                            Hey LBD, can you get the details of the post that I was banned for? I allegedly said something about your wife, you never saw it apparently, I can tell you now that there was nothing in it. I was banned for being a North End fan, simple as that.

There lies your problem. It doesn't matter if you produce the greatest web site/forum of the galaxy it's the way it is run. You have about ten posters, the majority of which are mods. Anyone with an opposing view, or giving banter, just gets slaughtered. You spend all your days slagging off your own supporters or anyone who dares to have a different opinion. Do you really expect the 'scabs' and 'shrooms' to suddenly mix amongst you because the site looks pretty?

I joined your site to give back what we took on here when we went through a bad spell. All of it was tongue in cheek. I expected and deserved the flak I got as an opposing supporter........although I did absolutely nothing to get banned........your fellow supporters did nothing to deserve the grief you handful have constantly dished out.

in a nutshell you promoted division, now you expect the true supporters you targeted to start posting because your site will look pretty. I suggest you ban about six of the ten posters and allow the real fans a chance, you've been begging for a take over, maybe you've been concentrating on the wrong business.
                            Your flogging a Dead Donkey.

LBD I would hold out on the new Forum, it might be needed for Fleetwood town.

Comment

Originally posted by FootballcrazyP_ View Post
                              Your flogging a Dead Donkey.

LBD I would hold out on the new Forum, it might be needed for Fleetwood town.
                              And I'll keep flogging until the dick proves to me why I was banned from his site while he continues to post on here.
                              Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobber View Post
                                I was banned for being a North End fan, simple as that.
                                Maybe you should try AVFTT.
                                And now, the end is near...

Comment

Working...
                                X