This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by We8PNE View Post
    Isn't there a possibility that he's unfortunately deceased?
    Bit out of order that We8, mate.
    "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

• Originally posted by raefil View Post
      No offence intended.
      And now, the end is near...

Comment

Preach, have you ever had a thread thats run to 11 pages and counting before?
        Found this bud. http://www.pne-online.net/forum/show...-you-defect-to
        dp/1853677280 Th
        Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for preach and the entire human race

Comment

Stupid git isn't he, needs a good slap on the bottom, and a kick in the schnads.
          dp/1853677280 Th
          Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for preach and the entire human race

Comment

• Ive setup a new forum following sofas suggestions. Ive got a bit of technical knowledge but nowhere near as much as sofa seems to, so im open to advice or suggestions from anyone. I'm happy to cover the ongoing cost of new forum and leave moderation upto the current mods. If people want to wait and see what happens with this forum i understand, just set it up as an alternative. Anyway the new forum can be found at the-gentry.org

Alex

Comment

• Nice thought Alex. Doesn't connect for me though.

I don't want this thread to lose momentum. We obviously need to have some credible group of people to get behind any new initiative... whether it be yours or sofa's pneonline.net or whoever... it needs a groundswell of any willing current mods - even billymac if he's been to finishing school since he was last a regular on here ... something that connects the future to the past.

This forum will surely, at some stage, fall over or become too insecure... then we'll be just floundering in the dark, lose contact with each other and the whole thing would probably just die in the ensuing chaos.

Sofa... is it reasonably possible to set up the new forum in such a way that the old data could(from a technical viewpoint) be moved across at a later date - or maybe stored in an accessible archive at a later date?

I'm thinking that the best way to go, if we cannot contact Dai Vader, is to bring the new forum to life... but maybe retain the possibility that we might be able to upload the old stuff if it ever became available... maybe that would help ease the disappointment of leaving the old stuff behind and help get the momentum moving.

Comment

• Surely someone can contact the owner? Seems a bit of a waste starting a new one too hastily. There's no real signs that anything's getting worse on here. It's just not been fixed properly. I doubt the owner really just doesn't care.
                Classic Grayson

Comment

• Ah ok thats strange not sure why it wouldn't connect https://the-gentry.org seems to work fine on all browsers ive tried, god knows. Like i said I've not got the technical expertise that sofa has but not too bad. I just set it up as an alternative in case this one falls down again. A few from here i have signed up, and if anybody of the mods from here want to sign up, if you just message me with your email ill send you an invite for moderator access.

Comment

• Had a read and if you could get a copy of this forums database then we could easily import it into a discourse based forum.
                    All the infos here https://meta.discourse.org/t/importi...lletin-4/54881
                    Guess the only person with access to the database may be dai vader though.

Comment

• It's Thursday morning - nobody has posted on the pne-discussions forum for about an hour. This just triggered me to bump up this thread.

I don't know what the stats are like, and I know that we still get some pretty high peak activity, but I really sense that there has been a decline in real engagement on the forum.

Any forum needs to have a critical mass of active users. Once it gets to the point where you log on and nothing has changed, then you start logging on less - and it all becomes a downward spiral. Then you reach a tipping point and that's that.

We're a long way from that but let's not be complacent. But the main thing is the technical problems.

PNEonline.net... where are we with that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nobber View Post
                        And I'll keep flogging until the dick proves to me why I was banned from his site while he continues to post on here.
                        Was it possibly because you was acting a reet 'boid by any chance?
                        dp/1853677280 Th

Comment

• I must admit my use has declined significantly over the last couple of years. Don't know why.

Comment

• We are currently in discussions about the future of PNE-Online as it currently is.

Can't say much more at the moment but hopefully progress will finally be made.

Thanks to everyone who has shown an interest in helping us get us back to where we need to be.

Comment

I don't think he meant anything nasty Phil... just an observation when someone hasn't posted for so long !!

Gosh, I never thought I would defend a lasher......

Comment

• Originally posted by JK View Post
                                We are currently in discussions about the future of PNE-Online as it currently is.

Can't say much more at the moment but hopefully progress will finally be made.

Thanks to everyone who has shown an interest in helping us get us back to where we need to be.
                                Good news, bring it on
                                Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

Working...
                                X