No announcement yet.

Why canít I swear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a song and dance about one word, and a shite word at that. Some people must have sad bloody lives if it takes something so ridiculous to annoy them.
    No wums please - low patience threshold

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Loathsome View Post
      «u**
      Made me laugh that Loathsome! I also noticed that marsbars used the plural the other day, and that got through.

Don't really agree with joan above... there has to be a line on acceptability (e.g. there will be little argument about banning the N word)Ö and the C word is one that will cross the line for many, (including me) so worthy of discussion. Not really sure why... what is it that makes this word more offensive than the T word, for example? But actually I really don't like it and think its use will be off-putting to many potential members of this forum.

However, I'll abstain on the vote... partly because the minimal censorship on this site does make it special... and partly because my patronage ran out last week and I've not got round to renewing it yet! (I will do, honest! Ö. EDIT... NOW DONE!)
      Last edited by Regardless; 05-07-2018, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joanpne View Post
        What a song and dance about one word, and a shite word at that. Some people must have sad bloody lives if it takes something so ridiculous to annoy them.

In fairness, I don't think anyones annoyed Joan.... It's more of a laugh than anything
        Vote For John Brown

Comment

MJB is going to have serious Problems when he starts to post again
          "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

Originally posted by Regardless View Post
            there has to be a line on acceptability (e.g. there will be little argument about banning the N word)
            the N word?

I'm trying to think of a word beginning with N that describes the same area as ****....

Nirvana?
            Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobber View Post
              the N word?

I'm trying to think of a word beginning with N that describes the same area as ****....

Nirvana?
              Naughty-bits

Comment

Naughty-bits
                Nuts or Nads - that's what..er...a friend of mine found when he put his hand up the skirt of a 'lady' he met in a bar
                Soup is Good Food

Life in Sparta, Greece

Comment

Originally posted by Liberation View Post
                  In fairness, I don't think anyones annoyed Joan.... It's more of a laugh than anything
                  Oh thanks, I will shut my gob then
                  No wums please - low patience threshold

Comment

Naughty-bits
                    Of course, bloody hell I sat ther for ages and couldnít think of one
                    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

Originally posted by raefil View Post
                      MJB is going to have serious Problems when he starts to post again
                      I liked his posts , what happened to him?.... Alt or time off for good behaviour?
                      Vote For John Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Joanpne View Post
                        Oh thanks, I will shut my gob then
                        It's a slippery slope this censorship lark Joan.... Before you know it " gob " will be taboo...
                        Vote For John Brown

Comment

Made me laugh that Loathsome! I also noticed that marsbars used the plural the other day, and that got through.

Don't really agree with joan above... there has to be a line on acceptability (e.g. there will be little argument about banning the N word)Ö and the C word is one that will cross the line for many, (including me) so worthy of discussion. Not really sure why... what is it that makes this word more offensive than the T word, for example? But actually I really don't like it and think its use will be off-putting to many potential members of this forum.

However, I'll abstain on the vote... partly because the minimal censorship on this site does make it special... and partly because my patronage ran out last week and I've not got round to renewing it yet! (I will do, honest! Ö. EDIT... NOW DONE!)
                          You also used to be able to change the colour of one letter to bypass swear filters on vbulletin

There are only 2 words that really offend and they have been highlighted so to censor them would mean that those who swear just have to use other words and those that don't like them are protected.

Comment

Originally posted by paddysr View Post
                            You also used to be able to change the colour of one letter to bypass swear filters on vbulletin

There are only 2 words that really offend and they have been highlighted so to censor them would mean that those who swear just have to use other words and those that don't like them are protected.
                            Politically and Correct ?
                            Vote For John Brown

Comment

Politically and Correct ?
                              To some on here that is very true!!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

I liked his posts , what happened to him?.... Alt or time off for good behaviour?
                                Nah hed never use an alt.
                                "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

Working...
                                X