PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Summer shopping list

So you think we'll sign 14 players?

Put down the joypad and turn off the Playstation.

a goalkeeper - who can command his defence i.e not lonergan

right back - to replace either jones/hart

centre back x3 - ssl will go, collins, nolan going

left back - maybe davidson will go

right mid - either mcanuff or kebe from reading

centre mid x3 - get james in either loan or permenant, 1 experienced defensive mid and an attacking cm

left mid - wallace to go, young premier loanee

strikers x 3, out elliot parkin brown, in hooper, paynter and keogh

And what has become of coutts????? poss the best signing ofr many a year?!?!?!?!?!?

I think it's wishful thinking to expect a whole raft of players to be moved out in the summer. It would surely cost PNE a fortune to have to pay up contracts. Where would the cash come from then, to replace such a big group of players? I think they are "stuck" with most of those mentioned. Who would have them anyway, if they are as bad as they are made out to be? Presumably another club has to be encouraged to take them on. How can this happen if they are not good enough?
Maybe another club might decide to take over a player's contract, which is about the best that can be envisaged. A club from a lower division, or one with less £££ than even PNE have (think Barnsley and Sedgwick pre transfer window closure.....), would surely not have the finance firstly to buy an established Championship player, and then pay him what he wants/has been used to getting?
The players mentioned have frustrated me as much as anyone with their apparent inconsistent displays. Contrary to others' opinions, I haven't noticed any petulance being displayed. I certainly didn't notice any coming from Davidson at Peterborough, when he got badly injured first of all for the collective cause, and then KO'd, and stretchered off, having put his head in where it hurts.
However, I would really like to know the reason, and not hearsay excuses, why established and respected players, with an accepted and reliable Championship pedigree, suddenly went off the boil, so to speak, at the change-over of managers mid-season. Was there mutual disrespect on both sides afterwards? If so what catalysed it?

If certain players are to go for whatever reason, then if Blackburn were to re-ignite their alleged interest in Lonergan, I would be very happy to receive Mark Bunn in part exchange. Iwelumo, despite being over 30, big and fat, like whatsisname..........actually is very used to scoring goals at this level, and appears to be surplus at Wolves. Simeon Jackson has earned his stripes lower down and could move up, as could Lee Tomlin left wing/midfield in Blue Square Premier. Probably more wishful thinking.

bradley wright-phillips from plymouth if they go down? anyone eles we should look at from the teams who may go? ie palace, sheff weds, plymouth?

bradley wright-phillips from plymouth if they go down? anyone eles we should look at from the teams who may go? ie palace, sheff weds, plymouth?

It would certainly be worth taking a look. Some decent players at those clubs, Peterborough as well.

Decent players I can think of:

Posh

Craig Mackail-Smith
Aaron McLean
Joe Lewis
Tommy Rowe

Plymouth

Jamie Mackie
Craig Noone

Sheff Wed

Lee Grant
Marcus Tudgay
Jermaine Johnson
Mark Beevers

It would certainly be worth taking a look. Some decent players at those clubs, Peterborough as well.

Decent players I can think of:

Posh

Craig Mackail-Smith
Aaron McLean
Joe Lewis
Tommy Rowe

Plymouth

Jamie Mackie
Craig Noone

Sheff Wed

Lee Grant
Marcus Tudgay
Jermaine Johnson
Mark Beevers

not wright phillips?? i think we lack pace up front, he can also play on the wings for when wallace picks up stupid bookings... who would you take from palace?

not wright phillips?? i think we lack pace up front, he can also play on the wings for when wallace picks up stupid bookings... who would you take from palace?

Not for me. He has a terrible scoring record. 22 goals in 111 appearances for Soton and 3 goals for Plymouth. I don't think he's good enough.

Nathaniel Clyne and Neil Danns probably. Didn't we try and get Danns last summer?

I've done my summer deals, Voldemort-style Football Manager :)

23k56wh.jpg

260zme8.jpg

How is the team getting on in your season ??