PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Todays Atmosphere was embarrasing!

what we need is a conductor with a baton at the foot of the A K stand so we can all sing together and in tune

When your team is down and out isnt it best to get behind your team and support the lads! The atmosphere from PNE fans today was pathetic!1 is the drummer still alive??
2 why cant all the singers sit togeather and create a decent atmosphere!

A goal down after 4 minutes,a piss poor performance from the team and we never, ever looked like getting back into the game.

Did you expect Deepdale to be bouncing?

Well actually I sit on the Pavillion (towards the middle) and, it has to be said, I hear the AKTE far more than I hear the Kop and that is a fact! Sorry, but if you sit in a stand you will hear the noise from it and not from the others. I have by far and away, heard more noise from the AKTE without doubt.

All of this is irrelevant of course, the big concern should be the state the club is in. The way its going there will be no buggar left to sing and then that would be something to complain about.

what a load of tosh!
i have sat on both stands several times this year and there is no comparison. The TE is a morgue, with the atmosphere of a library when its shut, it was the same last year and the year before.
There is only 2 stands if you want any atmosphere at all, the IP or The Kop

what a load of tosh!
I have sat on both stands several times this year and there is no comparison. The te is a morgue, with the atmosphere of a library when its shut, it was the same last year and the year before.
There is only 2 stands if you want any atmosphere at all, the ip or the kop

qft

what a load of tosh!
i have sat on both stands several times this year and there is no comparison. The TE is a morgue, with the atmosphere of a library when its shut, it was the same last year and the year before.
There is only 2 stands if you want any atmosphere at all, the IP or The Kop
I sit on the halfway line in the TFS. The Town End is invariably louder than the Kop from the home fans.

I sit on the halfway line in the TFS. The Town End is invariably louder than the Kop from the home fans.

I'm on The Kop and every time, we chant "Town End, gis a song, Town End Town End gis a song" to which we get "PNE PNE PNE, PNE PNE PNEEEEE, PNE PNE PNE, PNE, PNE". Without our prompting, we hear fuck all from the TE. FACT.

Based on the % of people per stand chanting, then The Kop wins hands down every single time.

KOP STANDERS OF THE WORLD, UNITE AND TAKE OVER.

I'm on The Kop and every time, we chant "Town End, gis a song, Town End Town End gis a song" to which we get "PNE PNE PNE, PNE PNE PNEEEEE, PNE PNE PNE, PNE, PNE". Without our prompting, we hear fuck all from the TE. FACT.

Based on the % of people per stand chanting, then The Kop wins hands down every single time.

The ' noise ' from the kop just doesn't carry to the town end though.
Even when carlisle fans were all at it the other week it sounded quiet .

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Try putting both hearin aids on same settings Joan you will tell then Alan Kelly is shit I should know I sit on it and here BSK more than the AK

Sorry chavs but I always use the cash gate on the Kop, missing maybe 5 or 6 a year, and if you think you are loud up the back you need to get a grip - noise is noise when you have a few thousand like SW today - all shapes and sizes with a good repertoire, not just a couple of hundred of wannabe's giving it their best. The bottom line is if the Whites do it on the pitch then the ground will sing and they just didn't do it today did they? Nowt to worry about - really!!

The Town End has never been the same since they knocked the old terrace down

we could get that back tho, if we made TE unreserved everyone from the kop would move over, we'd fill it more than we are and just ignore the sitting down lets just all stand up...as Wed did today....the standing is a massive difference. So much better.

I guess it must be all the unbroken squeeky voices thats the problem on the Kop then.

maybe insted of moaning about the embarrisment, you should all get singing then the problem would be solved.

and the fans are not to blame for any part of todays game, we were crap, but FGS insted of being bored, im quite sure that if a few people got involved, the rest would.

A Tale of Two Ends.

Sheff Wednesday on The Kop stood up and sang for 90 minutes with only those in the 2 end blocks of the IPS offering any resistance.

The Town End meanwhile, was sat down in total silence, as always. An extension of the STFS.

Watch MotD tonight or tomorrow night and see the goal ends at most, if not all grounds, stood up in vocal support of their teams. Spurs (away today) are experts at this, as an example.

Our ground is nice, our fans are nice - herein lies the problem.
Was that Sheffield Wednesday who created chances, scored goals, closed down play, moved into space, attacked in numbers? What did they have to sing about........go figure!

The only embarrasment is that bloody team. FFS sake stop blaming the fans. There was nowt whatever to get enthused about in that performance.

Have to agree with you Raefy, any home crowd in the country would have been subdued watching that performance today. 16 weeks since our last win at Deepdale by the time we play Wycombe on the 14th Jan. :(

Was that Sheffield Wednesday who created chances, scored goals, closed down play, moved into space, attacked in numbers? What did they have to sing about........go figure!

Funny that because they stood up straight from the kick off which was ... err ... 0 - 0.

I'll openly admit that I'm not one of those types of people that gets other people singing although I will join in, particularly if there is momemtum within a game – similar to being swept along on wave, although without a surf board.

The observations are correct, the atmosphere around Deepdale is deathly quiet, although, I think there is, what can only be described as, a level of depression around the club. I think there is an element of just accepting what we are seeing and the realisation that these group of players just aren't capable of getting results. Sheffield Wednesday won't have an easier game than what they found today. We play like the away team, the team struggles to maintain pressure on the goal, they constantly give possession away and there comes a point in which you get beyond the frustrated feeling. We seem to be able to do the difficult things, Coutts and Mayor will beat 7 players with ease and they will lay it off to someone who will manage to either mis-control, or struggle to play a 5 yard pass. For a crowd to get behind a team in unison you need momentum. Sometimes a player winning a 50/50 tackle and then breaking forward and smashing a shot on target or a keeper making a top drawer save tends to galvanise people – at which point did we see either of those things, in todays game? Sheffield Wednesday had around 6 corners in the first 10 minutes and they scored early, this automatically lifts their away supporters, who are always going to sing more than the home supporters, just as we did when we went to Huddersfield Town.

Quiet simply, the club, the team and the fans need a lift – it is a depressing place to go and watch football and I think people are just turning up and not expecting anything. We also haven't won, at home, since the 24th of Septermber. What do you expect? Ticker tape and everyone doing the congo in celebration? Surf brought his flag along today, maybe Dave the Trumpeter will make an appearance for the next episode of 'excitement at Deepdale'.

As an aside: Why do Unsworth and Alexander persist with this 4-5-1, they had young Proctor isolated on the left wing in the 1st half, with Parry playing in the centre of midfield. It was only in the 2nd, when they played players in their proper positions (sigh, where have we heard this before), that we began to cause Wednesday one or two problems. What is it with the people who are asked to manage our football club and continually make things difficult for themselves?