PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Favourite PNE Game Of All Time ?

It has to be the 1964 FA Cup semi final at Villa Park. I was behind the goal that we were attacking in the second half and will always remember Tony Singleton's punt from the halfway line heading towards the goal, realising before the Swans keeper did that it was going to go over his head and into the net. Sheer ecstasy, even though it was one of the foulest and wettest days on which I have ever watched football and we were standing on an open terrace.

The final game of the season 69/70 i when preston beat rotherham in the last game of the season 3-0 to return to division 2 made all the sweeter by shitpool being relegated from the 1st division. What an atmosphere that night, one word like a chant running round deepdale like a express train preston preston preston preston preston preston magical for a 11 year old happy days.

Also, the Scunthorpe game at the end of the 1994/95 season (I think). There was some trouble at half time, with one of their stewards supposedly hitting a women. After, that had died down, if I remember correctly PNE Fans stood on the advertising boards around a third of the stadium and every one was bouncing with the boing boing chant ringing out for most of the second half.

Aye that one.

Hartlepool away on a promotion season, 95/96 maybe.
Exeter at home when it was a lockout

But overall not a full game but probably the most memorable personally was the Arsenal FA Cup game, for those few minutes where we scored twice it was just surreal, joyous, bouncing, rocking, cauldron round Deepdale, if I could bottle that 10 minute period I could die happy right now with it by my side

The Birmingham game. I was very young, but I still get shivers down my spine watching Ranks equalise on youtube. That was just an exceptional moment.

The QPR game to get into the play-offs was nail-biting stuff, that was a good game. Also, PNE 5-3 Burnley. Simply because we stuck five past the Dingles!

I will never forgot the roar when the fans had heard that Cardiff had fallen behind.

That was amazing. The whole of the Kelly erupted in jubilation, it was fantastic. Especially after everyone had been fretting because Burnley were winning (I do believe they were in and around the scenario as well).

Lee Fowler 87 minutes free kick ?

Favourite game for me - Torquay at home play off 2nd leg... amazing game and amazing scenes at the end. Plastic pitch is still in the shed at home !

Yes, another where those final few minutes stick in the brain. (And the plastic still remains intact in the garage....some fucker burgled us over Christmas and when I tried to work out what was missing the day after it was my decent bike, a roof box and a roll of plastic pitch. Couldn't fathom the last two being missing at all due to size and pointlessness. The little scrote had neatly piled them up behind the kids playhouse where I couldn't see them but didn't find them till later that day)

Last edited:
Mine would be an FA Cup game against Derby County I think the 78/79 season, the season we were back in the 2nd division. I'm pretty sure the score was 2-0. Why my favourite? Two reasons. 1: The atmosphere just seemed to be electric that day (then again I was only 13) 2: My grandad's last match at Deepdale, he died 10 days later. Bittersweet, but still a great memory.

Has to be the 6-4 against Leeds, one of the most energetic nights i've ever spent on a football match. They scored with every shot in the first half and were 4-1, no chance of us getting back into it, it was damage limitation...

And to actually win. Unreal.

Mine has to be either the 1-0 away win at wigan which albut secured the div2 title or beating fulham away 1-0 when they were 14 unbeatean n top of the league n had louis saha.... been some special games!!!!

The final game of the season 69/70 i when preston beat rotherham in the last game of the season 3-0 to return to division 2 made all the sweeter by shitpool being relegated from the 1st division. What an atmosphere that night, one word like a chant running round deepdale like a express train preston preston preston preston preston preston magical for a 11 year old happy days.

This is one of my favorite moments of all time. I was there as a sixteen year old and the atmosphere was electric. Young and old tears streaming down their faces. I have never been so proud to be a PNE fan as I was that night.

Lincoln away in 98/99 was a good un. 3-1 down with around 15 mins to go,Macken with the winner in front of the north end fans won 4-3.

1/ Birmingham semi.

2/ QPR.... that distinctive noise bubbling round the ground as a thousand radios picked up news of the Wednesday goal, followed by frenzy as we urged North End forward... SSL's goal.... and the tension of the last 3 minutes.

3/ Torquay

4/ PNE 4-0 Bury '77/78. PNE 4-0 Colchester (Bruce 4) Maybe '79 - routine games but when my love of PNE was so youthful & fresh.

Difficult to answer but just for the biggest moment of joy ever it has to be the Birmingham Play Off Match when Rankine Scored, so I should say that really.

Other stand outs matches....

Torquay in the play offs, as a kid what a brilliant experience.

Leyton Orient Promotion. Andy Saville LEGEND

The Arsenal F.A. Cup game, yes we may of lost but what a fantastic night that was.

Also Wigan away when Jackson scored. 7000 Nobbers amazing.

I was there mate on the same end (The Holt end?) and remember it well. We had a couple of spare tickets which I ended up giving to a policeman before going in. Also recall going back on the train drinking cans of Double Diamond and feeling very sick!

It has to be the 1964 FA Cup semi final at Villa Park. I was behind the goal that we were attacking in the second half and will always remember Tony Singleton's punt from the halfway line heading towards the goal, realising before the Swans keeper did that it was going to go over his head and into the net. Sheer ecstasy, even though it was one of the foulest and wettest days on which I have ever watched football and we were standing on an open terrace.