PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Referee habits that annoy....

Regardless

-
Patron
Last night... I saw the end of the QPR v MK Dons match.

4th Official signals a minimum of 3 minutes injury time.... whilst the ball is out of play. It took about 45 seconds for QPR to take that corner. They pissed around for literally 20-30 seconds longer than was necessary.

Then MK Dons have a very promising breakaway... Luke Young scythes down their player from behind as he gallops over the half-way line. This gives all his team chance to get back and defend, whilst the ref stops play, gets out his yellow card and rightly takes his name.

But with 93:07 on the clock, Phil Dowd blows his final whistle.

This happens virtually every game - sometimes much much more blatantly than last night. It makes my blood boil! Injury time should be filled with excitement and tension but this stupid refereeing is a charter for time-wasters.. to kill the ball and kill the spectacle. Occasionally, refs do add a bit more on (and often get castigated if a goal is scored in this additional injury time).... but I reckon they get conned in >80% of matches.... it's like they're blind to it. :mad:

Next.

just the sheer amount of 'soft' fouls given these days get to me.

Especially on fucking goalkeepers .
A player only has to fart near a keeper at a corner now and it's a free kick .

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Absolutely anything that Phil Dowd does. Struts around the pitch like a self-important prick, sounding his mouth off at players whenever he can (whether they deserve it is another matter), contorting his body into ludicrous poses when he gives a contentious decision and adminstering yellow and red cards with an almost laughable flick of his right wrist. I abhor the man.

Referees that give a foul and then talk to the offending player for bloody ages without brandishing a card. Either give them a card or get the game playing again. I'm sure that 99% of what is being said is going in one ear and out the other. Fucking pointless.

Referees that give a foul and then talk to the offending player for bloody ages without brandishing a card. Either give them a card or get the game playing again. I'm sure that 99% of what is being said is going in one ear and out the other. Fucking pointless.

Linespeople standing in front of players preventing a corner to be taken - how about " just wait till I tell you son " ?

They do it just to annoy you.

Would love to referee Real Madrid v Barcelona. Enough players would be sent off for diving to have the match abandoned and the Spanish love in would be over.

So you think that instead of referees trying to calm the players down and keep 22 men on the pitch the should be booking them through the 90 minutes? Surely that would spoil the game more.

Referees' that don't make any mistakes and have a good game. I love to have a good discussion/moan about a refs performance.

Very good! Linked to this, people moaning about refereeing decisions when they have no understanding of the laws themselves - like people who constantly appeal for offside from a goal kick.

Very good! Linked to this, people moaning about refereeing decisions when they have no understanding of the laws themselves - like people who constantly appeal for offside from a goal kick.

+1

I wonder how many football fans know that if you score an own goal from your own free-kick it's a corner! That's the one I never knew before coming a man in black.

+1

I wonder how many football fans know that if you score an own goal from your own free-kick it's a corner! That's the one I never knew before coming a man in black.

You could argue "how many fans NEED to know that? !!"

Anyway, that's just from an indirect freekick isn't it? If it was a direct freekick, then surely it would be a goal.