PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

So it's not just me then?

I have been watching PNE for well over 50 years and remember the PNE greats. We worewhite shirts, blue shorts and blue and white socks. Those are our colours. Why the debate?

I have been watching PNE for well over 50 years and remember the PNE greats. We worewhite shirts, blue shorts and blue and white socks. Those are our colours. Why the debate?

+1
And we played in those colours away from home as well, only changed if there was a clash of colours with the home team.

It should be Navy Blue shorts and it is quite important.

Saying the colour of the shorts doesn't matter is a bit like saying it does not matter if we changed our name to Preston City, or Lancashire Palatines or something. It's a slippery slope.

As 'The Lilywhites', we should really play in all-white. Otherwise, we should be stripped of our nickname realistically.

Personally, I like the white shorts. I think they look good. However, I've very much a fan of hooped socks.

We wore blue shorts away at Rochdale, and looking back at the gallery pictures on pne.com, I'm not sure it works with the utterly plain shorts. Blends well with the shirt though (whites stripes on the blue shorts, for the contrast).

Again though, I don't care that much.

I'm only bothered about the badge on the kit. Quite frankly, the colour of the shorts doesn't bother me. Just like the fact we randomly have a black away kit this season. It's not like we're playing in a random colour at home. In fact, I remember in previous seasons that we played some games in white shorts depite the official kit having blue ones. It's not a problem.

I like the change to white shorts every few years... Probably good to be back in the blue next year though.

This season I shall mostly be hoping they're wearing dusky damson with a hint of magenta
jesse-fast-show-520-x-389_1_.jpg

and the suits to travel in should look something like
wallpaper-1280-800.jpg

Last edited:
We can play in pink shorts with yellow polka dots for me. I couldn't give a shite, more interested in results than colour of fucking shorts to be honest.
Its really concerning me that Im starting to agree with you more and more!!!!!

Never liked the blue and white hooped socks. Always looked majestic in plain white shirt with the light blue PP crest, navy blue shorts, white socks and whilst we're at it, black boots with 3 white stripes down the outside/inside of the boot. Classic retro look and still the best in my humble opinion.

I have never really taken to the bright yellow away kit. I think it lacks originality. I loved the blue BAXI away shirt. Looked classy.