PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

RIP Katy Holmes - PNE fan loses fight for life

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
The players today visited Little Katy Holmes, a little PNE fan suffering a horrible illness. Sorry mods if you want to move this but I think a little time on the main page would be nice.

Katy's family are asking people to share their Facebook page via Facebook or Twitter to help raise awareness and hope someone can offer them help.

So please can you help this Little North Ender by sharing her page or by doing something to help raise funds for the family etc.

The Page is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Please-help-Katy-Holmes/278306825561661

Great to see the Players taking time to visit katy with all thats going on at Deepdale.

Damn. So, so sad.
I`m glad the players have gone to see her.
Sometimes, precious moments are timeless and eternal. This is what it is all about, in the end.

Been following this sad story for a few days what an amazing little girl and a very brave family. I have children and it's so heartening to know that there are still some very kind people out there willing to help in anyway they can when a child faces these types of illnesses.

Well done to the club for organizing this visit and for the players for taking time out.

Her story was in the LEP a couple of days ago.

Such a pretty thing.

Why? !

But great that PNE's community work is helping in a small but important way.

Also just too highlight the fantastic work Derian House does they only recieve funding which covers 1 day a year the rest comes from fundraising. it costs over 1.5 million pounds a year 2 run Derian House so please show your support in anyway you can as this place is so amazing and so vital for Lancashire.

Also just too highlight the fantastic work Derian House does they only recieve funding which covers 1 day a year the rest comes from fundraising. it costs over 1.5 million pounds a year 2 run Derian House so please show your support in anyway you can as this place is so amazing and so vital for Lancashire.

As someone said on a previous thread, wish we had a like button.

+1

It's an absolute scandal though that places like Derian House and St Catherine's receive little or no funding from the state. I know these are tough times but when companies like Vodafone and Goldman Sachs (and the rest) are enjoying kid glove treatment from HMRC and people like Lord Ashcroft are finding every loophole possible to avoid paying their dues in this country, it's just not right that hospices, which provide such a vital service are having to, in effect, rely on charity to survive.

A few of my friends have raised quite a lot of money for Katie and I'm hoping to be doing a sponsored camp out somewhere with some of them in the near future :) I used to see Katie and her mum and dad at Mass periodically on a Sunday...Soooooooo sad. Twice she's been near death's door and twice she's pulled through when doctors have thought she wouldn't.

A good friend of mine stood outside Newman College all day one day and asked all the students to donate all their spare change, she raised over £400 and on another occasion she went to a local pub, somewhere in Ribbleton, can't remember which one now, but she was doing something and a group of lads called her into the pool room at the end of the evening...they had been saving up to buy themselves a new pool table and they donated all the monies they'd already saved for it to my friend to put to what she had already raised.

Another friend did a walk into Preston and around it in her pyjamas, with a few others, one Saturday evening, collecting from pub to pub. I know times are hard for everyone at the moment but people have been so generous in their donations.