PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Now that was crap...return of the headless chickens

What we're witnessing is a squad of talented players robbing a living being transformed into a squad of Sunday league players who bust a gut.

Either way, it is dire to watch. I honestly believe these new players are giving the best they've got. Not much of a consolation though.

I hear Micky Norbury is available to come out of retirement?

Last edited:
What we're witnessing is a squad of talented players robbing a living being transformed into a squad of Sunday league players who bust a gut.

Either way, it is dire to watch. I honestly believe these new players are giving the best they've got. Not much of a consolation though.

Whether I agree with it fully or not is immaterial..... that is one quality post. Whole threads have been expended trying to say that. Concise, clear, informative.

Westley out; as soon as he has gone the better.

There has to be a point where you stop supporting the club. You can't carry on claiming that you have the club genuinely at heart if the whole set up pisses you off.

The only way the club will do anything like what you suggest is if the crowds plummet to around the 6 or 7,000 mark.
With the season ticket holders from last summer's cheap promotion, all still in credit, we won't see how the new manager has turned the club around until the season ticket sales come through in June.
Right now, North End's squad is marginally better than that of Accrington Stanley, and they average around 1,500 each week.
10,500 is an outstanding crowd for the talent on show, and 14,000 the other night was quite remarkable, and close to the home crowd of Middlesbro v Forest.

I pay tribute to the hardcore fans of PNE because they quite simply love their football and they love their club.
Listening to Alan Hansen going on about Liverpool fans following their (adopted) club through thick and thin today made me chuckle to myself.

14,000 -10,500 = 3,500.

Where have those 3 and a half thousand people dissapeared to in the space of less than a fortnight?

Wasn't the 14,000 for the buy one get one free game? I think season ticket holders also had the option to claim an extra ticket for the game for free. If that was so, then the missing 3500 could easily be put down to that.

The club have got a massive call to make on season ticket prices next season though. I know they dropped the price last season, but given the standard of fare that has been served up this season, and given the fact that we will likely start next season minus our biggest earners, a lot of season ticket holders will probably need a further reduction to tempt them to renew.

You're missing the point. 14.000 one game 10 and a half the next. The people are out there willing to come to Deepdale. Those 3,500 people that didn't return yesterday obviously weren't impressed enough with what they saw last time was they?

How many of those 10,500 do you think didn't enjoy yesterdays offering and how many of those do you think won't come back next time for more torture?

Wasn't the 14,000 for the buy one get one free game? I think season ticket holders also had the option to claim an extra ticket for the game for free. If that was so, then the missing 3500 could easily be put down to that.

The club have got a massive call to make on season ticket prices next season though. I know they dropped the price last season, but given the standard of fare that has been served up this season, and given the fact that we will likely start next season minus our biggest earners, a lot of season ticket holders will probably need a further reduction to tempt them to renew.
exactly the club is attracting non league players on non league wages therefore surely they only expect us to pay non league prices

You're missing the point. 14.000 one game 10 and a half the next. The people are out there willing to come to Deepdale. Those 3,500 people that didn't return yesterday obviously weren't impressed enough with what they saw last time was they?

How many of those 10,500 do you think didn't enjoy yesterdays offering and how many of those do you think won't come back next time for more torture?

I think you need to change your profile name, your not pne4life

Before Xmas we attracted fewer than 10,000 for the Stevenage game. There were similar numbers at the Orient game as yesterday. Can you work your statistical analysis skills on these numbers please pne4life? By the way, we're currently attracting the 5th biggest crowds in the division.