PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

New pub at Deepdale?

I'd much prefer North End getting on board and buying a decent player or two rather than your concept to be honest.

Don't know if you remember but we used to have a club/pub on the PNE site, -it closed down because of lack of business!

I thought it was because of too much "business"

Love to be able to show that quote to my dad Gawd bless him :) but he would have been about his mid to late forties serving on that committee there and being secretary and latterly chairman!! i used to have some really good nights there too metal watching those type of acts and many more.

maybe it would have to be an entertainment place as well as a bar to survive soul nights, comedy nights, etc could you get a few folks from a wider are to come though? ready made carpark for transport? makes you wonder?

maybe it would have to be an entertainment place as well as a bar to survive soul nights, comedy nights, etc could you get a few folks from a wider are to come though? ready made carpark for transport? makes you wonder?

Given the economic climate it would have to be something special to survive let alone be a going concern and it's already got established clubs on it's doorstep competing for business like Deepdale Labour club and St Gregorys! even the Sumners is not what it used to be these days unfortunately.

Given the economic climate it would have to be something special to survive let alone be a going concern and it's already got established clubs on it's doorstep competing for business like Deepdale Labour club and St Gregorys! even the Sumners is not what it used to be these days unfortunately.

Very true, I have heard folk says the Sumners was never the same after they rebuilt it:(

Very true, I have heard folk says the Sumners was never the same after they rebuilt it:(

Having been brought up on Brookfield the Sumners and to an extent the Garrison was a local for me and yes the old Sumners was good but then it was a traditional Boddys house and the rebuild if anything just lost it that idendity i think? it's still a decent boozer but like most other pubs out of the Centre it's struggling for regular trade.

Having been brought up on Brookfield the Sumners and to an extent the Garrison was a local for me and yes the old Sumners was good but then it was a traditional Boddys house and the rebuild if anything just lost it that idendity i think? it's still a decent boozer but like most other pubs out of the Centre it's struggling for regular trade.

my brother in law was brought up on Brookfield, Westfield Drive, Morlands the name mind you he's in his 50s now

my brother in law was brought up on Brookfield, Westfield Drive, Morlands the name mind you he's in his 50s now[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with that so am i :) can't recall the name and i also lived in Heathfield drive next to Westfield!

He was known as Lurch at school :D and hung around with Fred Davies a lad called Dickie and Snitch? Also knows Wiggy as well All Brookie Lads

That club used to do very well once upon a time. You could see some great acts there. One time you struggled to get a seat or a ticket for some of the cabaret acts. EG The Baronknights. The Black Abbots (Russ Abbot) The Grumbleweeds, The Searchers & loads of others. The players used to come in for a pint or three, but it was run by old people with a Labour Club mentality. It refused to move with the times, so down it went like a submarine.

You wouldn't need a new club to be open 7days a week (Reduced running costs). Fridays, Saturday & midweek matchdays etc. A study would have to be done. It's just a shame that a club of our size & support doesn't have at least a drinks bar that has pleasant & comfortable surroundings for it's fans.

Great place to hold fans forums, player of the year events etc.

Wetherspoon's? You're lucky to get a cup of tea "with a spoon", at Deepdale.