PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Show some respect

Moyes left with the backing of Derek Shaw as Everton met the clauses in Moyes's contract. Plus Moyes did not threat to take PNE to court and yes he did take Rathbone but Everton paid compensation to PNE.

I have a lot of time for david moyes,he is a fine manager and will probably make his mark on the game far beyond the likes of everton
However the way he left pne was nothing short of outrageous and make BD look saintly by comparison
BD did not leave for derby a handful of games before the end of last season did he resulting in us missing out on a play off place because this is exactly what moyes did
If everton had have waited till the end of the season to make their move i would have said fair enough but because of the way they timed it it meant we missed out on a potential promotion thanks to david moyes accepting their offer
If moyes had stayed we were almost guarenteed a play off spot and although there is no way of knowing if we would have won the said play offs we could well have achieved
BD's departure stands absolutely no comparison with the infamy of moyes departure yet we find that moyes is accepted back at deepdale with open arms whenever we play everton in a friendly yet BD is villified
I dont quite follow it myself so next time you see david moyes tell him thanks from me for maybe costing us a place in the premier league

However the way he left pne was nothing short of outrageous and make BD look saintly by comparison
..... resulting in us missing out on a play off place because this is exactly what moyes did..........
If moyes had stayed we were almost guarenteed a play off spot ...........
I dont quite follow it myself so next time you see david moyes tell him thanks from me for maybe costing us a place in the premier league

Yoga, correct me if I`m mistaken (my memory is often corrected on these boards) but my own recollection was that we were out of the play off zone and looking decidedly UNLIKE getting to the Prem. Indeed, I felt at the time that one reason Moyes left was because he had taken that squad as far as it was going to go.

Lets be honest Davies did not leave Preston in a good state. Yes he brought in some of our current stars but off the pitch he was taking staff with a blatent disregard for our well being.

It cannot be overstated what a wonderful job Paul Simpson has done at PNE, had we apointed someone of lesser ability I think we would have been up to our necks in it this season and most of the blame would have gone to Davies' disgusting "poaching" of Preston staff.

However simply because Simmo has done a good job doesn't make me hate Billy any less. If he was upset at our warm reception for him at Derby I'd advise him to invest in a quality pair of ear plugs in the boxing day sales cos I for one will be trying to make the experience as uncomfortable as possible for him.

I will as long as you can thank Billy for playing 4 strikers against Leeds including an unfit Marcus Stewart, saying Job done after a poxy draw and completely f*cking up a whole season in the space of a few days!

Billy just as guilty of messing up our chances as Moysie.

Also the reception Moyes gets is probably because he actually won something for the club: Promotion.

Yoga, correct me if I`m mistaken (my memory is often corrected on these boards) but my own recollection was that we were out of the play off zone and looking decidedly UNLIKE getting to the Prem. Indeed, I felt at the time that one reason Moyes left was because he had taken that squad as far as it was going to go.

http://www.soccerbase.com/league2.sd?teamid=2054 Final league table,3 more points and we would have finished above norwich on goal difference

http://www.soccerbase.com/results2.sd i think kelhams first game as caretaker manager was away at burnley(march 17th)
We needed to win our last 2 games to guarentee a play off spot but incredibly lost 2-0 at palace in our penultimate game
However if moyes had stayed to the end of the season i am sure we would have finished comfortably in a play off spot
'Tis true folks,moyes going to everton with 8 games to go almost certainly cost us a play off spot and quite possibly a premier league place:eek:

david moyes still lives in preston. his children go to school here. for me he is an adopted prestonian. he can walk down any of our streets with pride with his head held high. he can look anyone straight in the eye.

Willy Davie$ is a complete buffoon. However I would much rather we sang our appreciation for Simmo & supported our team on New Years Day. The taking of 3 points from Derby & Willy will hurt him more than shouting abuse at him. Plus the 3 points could make all the difference come May;) ;) :)

Undoubtedly Billy Davies was a fine manager but the way he abandoned the club and sought to exact revenge, by taking the backroom staff with him in such an underhand way, leaves him open to anger and abuse from the PNE fans. I personally feel more bitterness to the backroom staff who showed such total disrespect to Paul Simpson and the board by walking out during pre-season training. At least Billy Davies left us before pre-season and we won compensation from Derby who bought out his contract. I know that Billy Davies must have instigated the loss of the backroom staff but if they had any scruples they would have refused his advances. The big question is: Has the wrath of Billy Davies run its course? I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that when the transfer window re-opens that he will target some of our lesser stars such as Paul McKenna, Matt Hill, Carlo Nash and Callum Davidson. Even if he doesn't succeed in turning them to the dark side, the unsettling effect may be enough to run us off the rails. Let's hope that Billy Davies' bitterness has run its course. Perhaps we shouldn't antagonise him too much on New Years Day!

Am i missing something here or did billy davis not lead to one play off final and one play off semi final on strictly limited resources and sign the likes of nash,nugent and whaley
Given the amount of abuse he gets on here you would think he had taken us to consecutive relegations and sold our best players for next to nothing
I was glad when he departed because i dident think he would ever be able to take pne beyond mere play off participants but it seems his only crime has been to depart to somewere(derby)were his salary and financial backing are far superior to what pne offered
I would have thought we should have thanked him for his contribution rather than abused him
I know for a fact that PNE offered Billy Davies a higher salary than Derby did and he turned that into blackmail to attempt to get a higher wage at PNE.

Davies should get some serious stick on New Years Day. No holding back - give it him big style. Nasty little man.

I'm not saying too much about the backroom team leaving with Davies, I'm sure that Simmo isn't the only ex-Carlisle staff member now employed by us!

What made me angry was what Davies said when he left. He could have admitted that irreconsilable (sp) differences meant he was leaving for Derby.

Instead, he chose to be petty.
He couldn't resist a pop, probably aimed at the chairman - but of course it got to the fans more. The thousands who had chanted his name the week before were disregarded by "lil man syndrome" Davies.

His words were ill-chosen and he must expect no less from the fans he insulted when he left.
He might have got some abuse at Derby but he should get more (and rightly so!) at Deepdale.

Its the result that matters and hopefully we can show him that a few extra thousand in attendance and a better trianing ground doesn't make a "bigger club".

C'MON THE WHITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying too much about the backroom team leaving with Davies, I'm sure that Simmo isn't the only ex-Carlisle staff member now employed by us!

But Simmo did not orchestrate a mass walk out. We went to Carlise and told them who we wanted, they told us how much it would cost, we paid up they became members of staff.

Stumpy went to the staff he wanted, told them the grass was greener at gay pride park, they hand in the resignations and then turn up at derby (it is my understanding that one of the scumbags even told simmo he wanted to try his hand away from football, two days later he turned up at derby!)

Our club kept its integrity and conducted itself properly, Stumpy has no integrity and is a twat!

But Simmo did not orchestrate a mass walk out. We went to Carlise and told them who we wanted, they told us how much it would cost, we paid up they became members of staff.

Stumpy went to the staff he wanted, told them the grass was greener at gay pride park, they hand in the resignations and then turn up at derby (it is my understanding that one of the scumbags even told simmo he wanted to try his hand away from football, two days later he turned up at derby!)

Our club kept its integrity and conducted itself properly, Stumpy has no integrity and is a t**t!

I agree wholeheartedley - BD has no integrity.

Despite the way we got staff from Carlisle, I doubt their fans were very pleased at all. But yes, we went by the book so fair enough.
I didn't mean I wasn't peeved by it, I was! - but it happens.

I'd rather have a new team in that has worked as a unit before - removing the need for the back-room team to "gel"

BD is the one who will get the stick from me - he stoked the fire when he lefy and he's gonna feel the heat when he comes back to Deepdale!
Imagine how he'll react to a full house giving him grief rather than a couple of thousand!

So Billy Davies is the bad guy, who asked about Simpsons abilty and availability last April, who sold our top goal scorer just two days prior to the transfer deadline last season (Cresswell), who said that there would be nobody leaving last June (Davis and Mears) who signs and sells the players, who backed down when a legal issue was raised regarding Billy Davies negotiating with Derby, who is throwing the clubs money down the drain by keeping Kelly on "gardening leave", who wont give proper festive discounted entry prices (Birmingham, Hull, Sunderland etc etc), who has short arms and deep pockets, who keeps selling the family silver, who lacks the conviction to gain entry to the highest platform for the players and supporters to enjoy, who is a PR disaster at North End, would YOU choose to work for someone like that???????????????????
Maybe Billy Davies had enough of Mr Shaw, no budget, no real ambition, and someone who would sell their granny if a few quid could be made.
We received £500k compo for Davies, and Mr Simpson had little or no resepct for any of the previous backroom team, he already had Booth and Barr selected, couldn't wait to sack the assistant phsyio who was a "Davies man", had little or no time for O'Neil, why pay his contract up, O'Neil would have been fit next week.
Simpson had no intention of keeping the coaching staff, he has brought in a superb defensive coaching team well capable of loosing goals galore!!!!!!!, bought for £500k (all of the Davies money) a man who was injured and unfit, and who still hasn't played (he'll be our new signing AGAIN)
Nugent, Whaley, Nash, Wilson, Hill, Nowland, Ormerod to name but a few, good signings, the first 5 will all return the club a profit.
Lets just see HOW much ambition Mr Shaw has for PNE with the monies to made available for the push for promotion, maybe Davies could see just how far Mr Shaw could take the club.
Davies gave us hope for two season's, after two seasons of rubbish, and for that I say thanks, the king is dead long live the king, lets move on from the past, and see where we CAN go (are you prepared to back us Mr Shaw)

So Billy Davies is the bad guy, who asked about Simpsons abilty and availability last April, who sold our top goal scorer just two days prior to the transfer deadline last season (Cresswell), who said that there would be nobody leaving last June (Davis and Mears) who signs and sells the players, who backed down when a legal issue was raised regarding Billy Davies negotiating with Derby, who is throwing the clubs money down the drain by keeping Kelly on "gardening leave", who wont give proper festive discounted entry prices (Birmingham, Hull, Sunderland etc etc), who has short arms and deep pockets, who keeps selling the family silver, who lacks the conviction to gain entry to the highest platform for the players and supporters to enjoy, who is a PR disaster at North End, would YOU choose to work for someone like that???????????????????
Maybe Billy Davies had enough of Mr Shaw, no budget, no real ambition, and someone who would sell their granny if a few quid could be made.
We received £500k compo for Davies, and Mr Simpson had little or no resepct for any of the previous backroom team, he already had Booth and Barr selected, couldn't wait to sack the assistant phsyio who was a "Davies man", had little or no time for O'Neil, why pay his contract up, O'Neil would have been fit next week.
Simpson had no intention of keeping the coaching staff, he has brought in a superb defensive coaching team well capable of loosing goals galore!!!!!!!, bought for £500k (all of the Davies money) a man who was injured and unfit, and who still hasn't played (he'll be our new signing AGAIN)
Nugent, Whaley, Nash, Wilson, Hill, Nowland, Ormerod to name but a few, good signings, the first 5 will all return the club a profit.
Lets just see HOW much ambition Mr Shaw has for PNE with the monies to made available for the push for promotion, maybe Davies could see just how far Mr Shaw could take the club.
Davies gave us hope for two season's, after two seasons of rubbish, and for that I say thanks, the king is dead long live the king, lets move on from the past, and see where we CAN go (are you prepared to back us Mr Shaw)

I guess you're not going to join in when we sing "Billy Davies takes it up the arse" then?:)

Yes Billy Davies is the bad guy for claiming he should be able to talk to who he likes and the reported threat of legal action.
How should he be able to talk to who HE likes?
What about all his team at Derby? Should they be able to go round talking to all the other clubs about getting a move.
No, because they have a contract.
Billy Davies was a great manager, but a complete clown for some of the stuff he came out with, and the way he left us.
I don't know why you are trying to argue otherwise.
Everyone knows it, except you by the look of it.