PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

18 from 63

I'm sure billy would love to feel silly which will mean GW has turned things around. Billy wants the same as all of us, and that is to follow a successful football team. Although he wants the same as all of us he beliieves GW is not the man for the job. I respect that view, but don't agree with it. I believe Westley will sort things out and gain us promotion next season. If I'm wrong I will feel disappointed but admit I was wrong. If Billy is wrong, I would expect him to be embarrassed at how wrong he was but at the same time delighted with that fact.

I'm sure billy would love to feel silly which will mean GW has turned things around. Billy wants the same as all of us, and that is to follow a successful football team. Although he wants the same as all of us he beliieves GW is not the man for the job. I respect that view, but don't agree with it. I believe Westley will sort things out and gain us promotion next season. If I'm wrong I will feel disappointed but admit I was wrong. If Billy is wrong, I would expect him to be embarrassed at how wrong he was but at the same time delighted with that fact.

Decent post, I will feel no embarrassment if we get promoted with Westley in charge and to do this he will have proved me wrong.
I want PNE to win football matches, if we play with pride and passion in doing this then great, so far this has not happened under Westley.

Decent post, I will feel no embarrassment if we get promoted with Westley in charge and to do this he will have proved me wrong.
I want PNE to win football matches, if we play with pride and passion in doing this then great, so far this has not happened under Westley.

The thing is Billy, Westley would agree with those comments.

His dealings this summer will determine whether he delivers next season or not.

Let's hope he gets his targets. We don't want any shit that he wanted a} but had to settle for b}

He has a list of 50 players but i'm sure he won't get his top 10 on the list.

It will be an interesting summer, one way or another.

I win the miles traveled crown for this season, so therefore...

This was entertaining, but surely it is 18 from 60 and then a meaningless game at Bournemouth in which we attempted to blood youngsters? (Just in the interests of fairness)

As I read this thread I can only laugh that someone with a grammar focused signature makes so many mistakes, it is an irony that far outweighs the content of the post.

(If JM is making "I am a wankshaft" t-shirts in the North End Soul range, I think I will join those above in needing one)

It seems that "no-mark" has now become "wankshaft". Apart from that it's the same old whining crap and abuse towards anyone who wants to give GW a fair chance before writing him off.

I expect I will now be joining the "wankshaft" union...

But the fact is that all of the last 4 managers have failed to deliver. Ferguson and Brown getting off very lightly from a fans point of view.
I reckon in around 7 of the games Westley has been in charge of he has experimented with certain players, seeing if they are good enough for team PNE. The game at the weekend he brought in 2 youngsters to try them.

I win the miles traveled crown for this season, so therefore...

This was entertaining, but surely it is 18 from 60 and then a meaningless game at Bournemouth in which we attempted to blood youngsters? (Just in the interests of fairness)

As I read this thread I can only laugh that someone with a grammar focused signature makes so many mistakes, it is an irony that far outweighs the content of the post.

(If JM is making "I am a wankshaft" t-shirts in the North End Soul range, I think I will join those above in needing one)

I really do not understand your logic. You accept anything and everything as reasonable. A meaningless game? NO game should be meaningless otherwise how do you preach pride and passion first and foremost? Trust me it wasn't meaningless to most of our fans that travelled if it was, why would they bother?

Just for you COMPETATIVE means to be the best that you can be against others at ALL times regardless of your situation. People like you are so happy to accept second or even third best and always find a reason/excuse for it. There is no excuse for not competing at your best (injuries apart) otherwise it renders you anything but a sportsman so stop trying to find reasons for, most of the season, diabolical performances. There is absolutely no excuse for 90% of a season to be as poor as it was and in my view none of them have earned the right to be calling themselves sportsmen or coaches.

Last edited:
I really do not understand your logic. You accept anything and everything as reasonable. A meaningless game? NO game should be meaningless otherwise how do you preach pride and passion first and foremost? Trust me it wasn't meaningless to most of our fans that travelled if it was, why would they bother?

Just for you COMPETATIVE means to be the best that you can be against others at ALL times regardless of your situation. People like you are so happy to accept second or even third best and always find a reason/excuse for it. There is no excuse for not competing at your best (injuries apart) otherwise it renders you anything but a sportsman so stop trying to find reasons for, most of the season, diabolical performances. There is absolutely no excuse for 90% of a season to be as poor as it was and in my view none of them have earned the right to be calling themselves sportsmen or coaches.
I cant argue with any of that Joan, over the past few years the players at this club have let themselves and the fans down unbelievably badly. Professional sportsmen? I have my doubts. It seems that no manager has managed to turn their attitudes around, Westley has failed and is getting rid, by all accounts. Will he succeed with his own players? Time will tell.

So far, Billy. Let's see what next season brings when he will have no excuses. I doubt those of us who have been far more patient will show the same amount of patience then.

Surely rational people can only judge on what they see and not what they are told is going to happen and so far the results and performances have been poor at best and utter bilge at worst. Westley has been allowed to cast scorn on every player at the club, he has been allowed to bring in 11 players yet manages to produce dire football, he then takes no blame for anything and it is the fault of everyone else (Brown at centre forward at Sheffield).

Surely rational people can only judge on what they see and not what they are told is going to happen and so far the results and performances have been poor at best and utter bilge at worst. Westley has been allowed to cast scorn on every player at the club, he has been allowed to bring in 11 players yet manages to produce dire football, he then takes no blame for anything and it is the fault of everyone else (Brown at centre forward at Sheffield).

Surely rational people will wait and see what is going to happen rather than harp on about past performances with many players who won't be here in the future. The past performances are now irrelevant. It is how we perform next season with many new players and a squad tuned in and motivated to train and play the way GW wants.

It seems that no manager has managed to turn their attitudes around, Westley has failed and is getting rid, by all accounts. Will he succeed with his own players? Time will tell.

I wonder if thats true? Did Westley try, or was he told when he got the job that Ridsdale wanted a clear out? The more I think about it, if, as we hope, Westley is the manager he says he is, surely he could have worked a lot harder with the squad and created a half decent showing over the four months he has had in charge?

This business about "asking people to do things" dosnt ring true. Either Westley is as far out of his depth as I thought, or he was always under orders to cause grief and get rid.

Good job this season is over then and it's a clean slate next season.

Are we going to be saying the same the end of next season when Westley has brought in more lower league shite to fill the gaps in his vain attempt to boost his ego and bring in this 'winning football' he keeps talking about? Hes spouted enough shite since he stepped foot in here, next season he'll have nowhere to hide.

The guy has a bigger mouth than Billy, though he's not fit to polish his wee boots....