PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

April Jones missing.

A joke? god some folk really are as thick as pigsh*t !

It's the society we live in sadly. People are able to air views world wide instantaneously without any thought being given whatsoever. Facebook, Twitter etc have been fantastic but also terrible.

You only have to look at things such as Facebook Tribute pages for Raoul Moat and the like.

Whereas, people would usually say things to their friends, which, although shocking would go no further. Now they can be broadcast around the world in seconds. Without any thought having been given to victims, their families and people in general.

Whereas, people would usually say things to their friends, which, although shocking would go no further. Now they can be broadcast around the world in seconds. Without any thought having been given to victims, their families and people in general.

it matters not to me who/how you say it, but the fact in your head you think it is ok to say such a thing.

Why would you want to make a joke about it, to anyone?

Its vile, repulsive and wrong.

She was live on Sky News and speaking to some volunteers who have been searching and she breaks the news to them LIVE ON AIR that the investigation is now a murder investigation and they werent aware of that.

One woman breaks down in tears on the TV.

She alluded to two locals that the mite was dead
Then asked for a reaction
They responded until she's found she's alive
Burley was simply looking for an emotive response

What a horrible, insensitive and down right awful thing to do!

If only someone had had the calmness to say "a lot worse than you feel now you have ruined your career you insensitive ****"

Coincidentally I do hope she has ruined her career with such shocking reporting.

Kay Burley does have previous for this kind of thing. I saw it almost immediately after the very short press conference - it was very uncomfortable to watch. I would be surprised to see Sky do anything about it though.

Kay Burley does have previous for this kind of thing. I saw it almost immediately after the very short press conference - it was very uncomfortable to watch. I would be surprised to see Sky do anything about it though.

For a long time I've considered her one of the most despicable news reporters. Her style is terrible.

Before we pillory Kay Burley too much...

The youtube clip does start by showing her telling the volunteers that live on air. But I understand that it omits (deliberately??) the previous seconds of footage, in which (I've heard) the volunteers asked if she, as a reporter, had heard any significant news.

This perhaps caught her on the hop... so maybe it was more very clumsy than cynical... I don't know.

I looked at a couple of random vids that Sports Lawyer put up to illustrate her "previous" - and to be honest, I think she's just a bit controversial - probably gets uncomfortable from time to time... but might be an easy target. There does seem to be a bit of a hate campaign against her.

Before this morning, she was just a face that I very very occasionally saw on TV... so I know nothing other than what I describe above. I might be missing something.

Take it from me
I'm no bullshitter
Sky is rotten to the core

I would not be surprised by that.... along with a few newspapers.

I don't want to be over-defensive of Burley - I was just making a valid point.

The reason she's such an unfamiliar face to me, is that I too hate Sky as an organisation, so rarely watch Sky News.

Anyway, maybe we should be creating a separate thread to discuss this.

Soundbites or not
She said it - she could have quickly closed the interview
But worse is sky showed it
As always I respect your view so going with leaving burley alone why show it?

When the information rag is wrung dry then sky always seems to want that bit more
In my opinion hence situations as the link above
As posted earlier I've just watched the BBC - they have simply offered the facts and little else

I agree. different thread
Title "the media - less is more?"

Last edited:
For sky News read News of the World, read news international. This organisation needs hounding out of our country for good. Disgusting pieces of shite the damned lot of them!

For sky News read News of the World, read news international. This organisation needs hounding out of our country for good. Disgusting pieces of shite the damned lot of them!

I got rid of my sky subscription when the shit hit the fan about Murdock .

I was considering it anyway as 90 quid a month for something I hardly watch seemed bloody wasteful , that just helped me make my mind up .

Who is at fault here - Burley for her 'style' and insensitive nature, or the public who demand such reporting?

People moan and whine about it, but the fact that The Sun probably still has the largest circulation and readership in this country says more about us a nation than the journalists that write for it - Burley just seems to be the television equivalent.

Before we pillory Kay Burley too much...

The youtube clip does start by showing her telling the volunteers that live on air. But I understand that it omits (deliberately??) the previous seconds of footage, in which (I've heard) the volunteers asked if she, as a reporter, had heard any significant news.

This perhaps caught her on the hop... so maybe it was more very clumsy than cynical... I don't know.

I looked at a couple of random vids that Sports Lawyer put up to illustrate her "previous" - and to be honest, I think she's just a bit controversial - probably gets uncomfortable from time to time... but might be an easy target. There does seem to be a bit of a hate campaign against her.

Before this morning, she was just a face that I very very occasionally saw on TV... so I know nothing other than what I describe above. I might be missing something.

She's merely another sensationalist journalist who is the broadcasting equivalent of a NOTW reporter. No class, no sensitivity, no real journalistic merit. All she does is try to provoke people into getting angry. That is not what journalism is about. She's a disgrace in my opinion whose only aim is to find the next juicy scoop rather than present an impartial account of a story. She calls what she does "playing the devil's advocate". She's clueless. Paxman tries and succeeds in pulling off the same approach. They are worlds apart. The "style" of journalism she chose to use today was of the most cynical kind, a direct attempt to extract some tears from shocked and grieving onlookers for the cameras. I think it's almost unforgivable.

She's merely another sensationalist journalist who is the broadcasting equivalent of a NOTW reporter. No class, no sensitivity, no real journalistic merit. All she does is try to provoke people into getting angry. That is not what journalism is about. She's a disgrace in my opinion whose only aim is to find the next juicy scoop rather than present an impartial account of a story. She calls what she does "playing the devil's advocate". She's clueless. Paxman tries and succeeds in pulling off the same approach. They are worlds apart. The "style" of journalism she chose to use today was of the most cynical kind, a direct attempt to extract some tears from shocked and grieving onlookers for the cameras. I think it's almost unforgivable.

I agree with pretty much all you say - but why does she behave/work the way she does?

Therein lies the problem - society as a whole.