PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Lads and lasses don't forget your two minute silence!

surf

Were all here enjoying our teams performace but let's take two minutes out to think about the people who sacrificed their lives for us to enjoy days like yesterday.

Thank you Surf. As a serving member of the Armed Forces it is nice to know that people around the country still remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

my daughter sang in the rememberance service today (earlier on radio 4 for those who missed it, should be on the website.. was a beauitful service).. gave me great pride to see her singing for one thing we should never forget...

Lest we forget..

and thank you to those still fighting for our great country,

Well said Surf.

I often wonder why young lads still go into the army just to become puppets for a corrupt Government, such a waste of life dying for a fake war about oil.

Thank you Surf. As a serving member of the Armed Forces it is nice to know that people around the country still remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Keep up the good work fella.

Respect to all those serving now and have done in the past, real heroes!

I often wonder why young lads still go into the army just to become puppets for a corrupt Government, such a waste of life dying for a fake war about oil.

Because it's a job?

Maybe if so many immigrants weren't allowed into the country then some of these young lads would have more choices in life.

Because it's a job?

Maybe if so many immigrants weren't allowed into the country then some of these young lads would have more choices in life.

well said laird, if we want to talk corrupt gov't's aswell it's our lads from developed countries defending the citizen's of under-developed countries with the REAL corrupt leaders.

we will never forget the young men and women who have fallen to preserve our rights and freedoms.

Last edited:
Very moving ceremony.

Here in the South East it's a stunning autumn day and there's not a cloud or a plane in the sky - on a clear day you can usually see 4 or 5 planes at any given time, so I presume they have put up a no fly zone around London, as they did for the Olympics. All part of the "war on terror" I suppose.

I clearly heard the deep thump of the canon fire which marked the beginning and end of the silence, a few seconds after hearing it on the tv....surprising as I'm 25 miles away from Central London, in leafy Surrey.

As I get older, I find it more and more galling that so many of our war casualties were truly just kids. I don't know how parents cope with losing a child, particularly in a war that so many people here see as pointless and/or unjust.

P1010332.jpg

Very moving ceremony.

Here in the South East it's a stunning autumn day and there's not a cloud or a plane in the sky - on a clear day you can usually see 4 or 5 planes at any given time, so I presume they have put up a no fly zone around London, as they did for the Olympics. All part of the "war on terror" I suppose.

I clearly heard the deep thump of the canon fire which marked the beginning and end of the silence, a few seconds after hearing it on the tv....surprising as I'm 25 miles away from Central London, in leafy Surrey.

As I get older, I find it more and more galling that so many of our war casualties were truly just kids. I don't know how parents cope with losing a child, particularly in a war that so many people here see as pointless and/or unjust.

Why cant we all just get along eh! :(

I have the utmost respect for anyone who serves and even more who those who have lost there lives serving, but we are in economic defecit of about 40bn p.a and we spend about 60bn p.a. on defence, anyone ever wonder why germany are so economically stable, we should become like the germans and neutral in anything!

well said laird, if we want to talk corrupt gov't's aswell it's our lads from developed countries defending the citizen's of under-developed countries with the REAL corrupt leaders.

we will never forget the young men and women who have fallen to preserve our rights and freedoms.

Which under-developed countries would they be exactly? Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, anymore? All of those and many more had people in charge that were overthrown by military leaders 'aided' by mainly American and British funds and weapons the proof is in the fact that America didn't want Afghanistan falling into Russian hands during the Cold War and so flooded the guerrilla fighters with weapons, tactics and explosives, weapons etc they are now using against us.

As for the work that the armed forces do for us every day and have done in the past days like today need to be made into a week! It really is tragic the loss of families and friends in conflicts spanning years.

I have the utmost respect for anyone who serves and even more who those who have lost there lives serving, but we are in economic defecit of about 40bn p.a and we spend about 60bn p.a. on defence, anyone ever wonder why germany are so economically stable, we should become like the germans and neutral in anything!

Germany is run by good honest people, Britain is run by criminals and is rotten to the core.

The people at the top of the food chain in Britain could not give a shite how low Britain sinks, they are only interested in money, they have millions but they want more.

Britain needs a good clear out, French Revolution style.

Germany is run by good honest people, Britain is run by criminals and is rotten to the core.

The people at the top of the food chain in Britain could not give a shite how low Britain sinks, they are only interested in money, they have millions but they want more.

Shame you've chosen this day and this thread to be obnoxious , a little respect cost nothing . So many gave so much for you to have those strange opinions yet you cant let a thread of respect run without adding your twisted thoughts .

RIP to the many fallen and many thanks to those who continue to defend our freedom .

Remembrance day is about those who have given their lives in the service of their country. It is not about politics, or politician. Hold your peace, and show your respect.

Remembrance day is about those who have given their lives in the service of their country. It is not about politics, or politician. Hold your peace, and show your respect.

Indeed. It's not a time for politics. Irrespective of one's views on more recent conflicts, I think we can all surely remember those who fell in WW1 and WW2 fighting wars of genuine defence and liberation. We lost entire generations in those conflicts and people were conscripted to fight, it wasn't a career choice. It's a good leveller to take time out to think where this county would be had WW2 in particular been lost.