PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Closed thread.

Is this the beginning of your campaign, bud?

Seems mods can indeed continue to post....just tried it.

Last edited:
What is the reason for closing threads?

There is a policy on the forum of closing old threads when someone re-opens one. The usual point at which a thread (on the main `PNE `forum) is considered `old` is 2 weeks. This prevents the main board being clogged up with old news....and stops a lot of `told you so` posts, etc.

There is a policy on the forum of closing old threads when someone re-opens one. The usual point at which a thread (on the main `PNE `forum) is considered `old` is 2 weeks. This prevents the main board being clogged up with old news....and stops a lot of `told you so` posts, etc.

Ah fair do's, was just curious.

When this happens lots of people don't check the date and reply to it as if it's new.

To discuss an old thread the convention is to start a new thread with a link to the old thread.

I presume 6pence didn`t notice it was closed. Agree it looks strange....well, now that attention has been drawn to it ..and I`d think he`d probably delete when next online.

It was not closed when I replied, and nor did I close it.

I will delete my post if it really causes people to think I wanted the last word - my intention was simply to point out that another poster had raised a valid point and show agreement.

It was not closed when I replied, and nor did I close it.

I will delete my post if it really causes people to think I wanted the last word - my intention was simply to point out that another poster had raised a valid point and show agreement.

Was me closed it, bud....and to be fair, it did appear after..albeit very soon after..it was closed, hence the confusion. It could well have looked open to you...if you had not refreshed your page for a while before posting.

Was me closed it, bud....and to be fair, it did appear after..albeit very soon after..it was closed, hence the confusion. It could well have looked open to you...if you had not refreshed your page for a while before posting.

Was on the iPad, that did not show it as closed for about 30 minutes after my post.

Am in the office already this morning because I am spending my time running computer code that needs unique IPs (not alter egos on here - something even more dull) and so have not been taking my laptop home.

I will be sure not to join in with the replies next time :)

Not really important... but can you elaborate why the Sodje thread was closed. It certainly wasn't an old one, and was a bit mysterious.

The one where BillyDaviesEyes appeared from nowhere, claiming that a football agent was up on a charge of assault - supposedly with a hearing yesterday. I can't see anything via Google yet (I'd have thought the press would have picked up on this)

Is there an interesting story there, or is it mundane?

Not really important... but can you elaborate why the Sodje thread was closed. It certainly wasn't an old one, and was a bit mysterious.

The one where BillyDaviesEyes appeared from nowhere, claiming that a football agent was up on a charge of assault - supposedly with a hearing yesterday. I can't see anything via Google yet (I'd have thought the press would have picked up on this)

Is there an interesting story there, or is it mundane?

You`re on the right track..BillyDaviesEyes has inferred/hinted at more than one issue, and the mods have removed posts that may be libellous. We too would expect press coverage...and are hoping to determine in the next day or so whether the claims are scurrilous, or based on fact.
Until then, we are taking steps...such as closing threads...to protect the forum and a user who is innocent until there is evidence otherwise.
Please bear with us...the matter is ongoing.