PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Bench for Brentford

Just say we keep the same starting XI from against Stevenage, what would your bench be? It is very competitive to be included in that 18 man squad now. Personally I would go:

Stuckman, Huntington, Sodje, Trundle, Mousinho, Buchanan, Elding

Not included; Beardo, Cummins, Hayhurst, Amoo, SCS, Byrom, Procter

bench.jpeg

Also looks like Monakana won't be fit for Saturday as he hasn't trained this week yet from what GW said on Radio Lancs today.

Might be too soon for Trundle so id swap him for Cummins. Amoo's pace is a good option to hv on the bench too.

Might be too soon for Trundle so id swap him for Cummins. Amoo's pace is a good option to hv on the bench too.

I work with a bloke who is good friends with Trundle (he's also a mickey mouser and old school friends) he text Lee after i was badgering him all week to ask when he was coming back and he replied,

Yes mate,nearly fit.I might be on the bench Saturday.x

(The trolls on this site will probably doubt how genuine this is but I have no reason to doubt the bloke as I spent some time at the open day talking about the bloke to Trundle and got some interesting stories to rib him at work about!)

We could go out with four centre forwards on the bench tomorrow - Sodje, Trundle, Cummins, Elding. That would be a bit silly. Assuming we have Cansdell-Sheriff or Huntington (I forget which one is available) and Buchanan there, we could also do with some midfielders - at least two of Mousinho, Byrom and Hayhurst, though one of those may start if Monakana is injured. So we might only have room for two of them. Sodje and Cummins (after his goal) seem the obvious choices, unless the latter is destined for a loan, allowing Trundle and Elding some time to train and maybe even have a reserve game before they are considered for first team duty.

Personally, I'd have Amoo on the bench as his extra pace might be an option that we need in the last 15 minutes depending on how the game goes.

The Monakana "injury" is still a concern, plus Lee Holmes is still on his way back to full fitness so it might be that Westley doesn't want to risk them both, especially as we play on Tuesday night as well.

In regards to Trundle, Westley was quoted in the LEP before the Yeovil game that Holmes wouldn't be on the bench so I was pleasently surprised to see him stroll on to the pitch, especially as I thought it was a pre-Carlisle Cummins preparing to come on, he might yet pop up.

One good thing is that we're going to have probably four or five fit players not even able to get a place on the bench, numerous times in Irvine's reign we only had four subs when we were in the top half of the Championship.