PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Team For Saturday

Stuckmann

Connolly
Foster
Wright
Buchanan

Welsh
Wroe
Holmes

King

Beavon
Garner

Subs
Taylor
SCS
Byrom
Procter
Monakanna
Hayhurst
Cummins

Set up in a 4.3.2.1 formation like we did in the JPT game & then bring Monakanna on for the last 20mins or so.

Stuckmann

Connolly
Foster
Wright
Buchanan

Welsh
Wroe
Holmes

King

Beavon
Garner

Subs
Taylor
SCS
Byrom
Procter
Monakanna
Hayhurst
Cummins

Set up in a 4.3.2.1 formation like we did in the JPT game & then bring Monakanna on for the last 20mins or so.

No Huntington?

Foster ain't good enough. Huntington is far better.

I couldn't decide between Huntington Foster Robertson & SCS to play alongside wright, but apart from the last game I thought that both Foster & Wright have played well together so willing to give him another game to see if
They are a good paring.

I just want to see us win. That is what we were promised and that is what we deserve. My preferece for decent football is pushed firmly to one side. I want to walk back to my car at 5pm with 3 points.

Westley do your job, pick a team to win the match. I will do mine and attend as will most of us on here. (I am not having a go at anyone who can't or doesn't want to.)

What concerns me is we played the side that 99% of us fans would have picked as our strongest side for a home game yet we were turned over without much trouble.

I think we need to be more fluid and be encouraged to express ourselves whilst in possession without the fear of making a mistake. Perhaps Westley should loosen the shackles on his players and let them trust their own judgement, the majority of our squad are competent professional footballers with ability at this level.

I think we should go 4-4-2 in possession and 4-5-1 out of it.

Stuckmann
Connolly Robertson Wright Buchanan
Beavon Wroe Welsh King Holmes
Garner

A right back at right back (finally) Robertson and Wright compliment each other well in my opinion and Buchanan is a good left back at this level.

I think out of possession we should revert to 5 in midfield and have King in there. An extra man to pick up the loose balls alongside Welsh. Although I have put Beavon out of position on the right, he runs hard and often tracks back anyway. He could be a better option than Monakana defensively.

I reckon he could then move up top alongside Garner when we are in possession and allow Wroe to perhaps move to the right. If Beavon collects the ball wide then Wroe can join the attack with a late run like we saw earlier in the season that helped him bag plenty of goals.

My thoughts anyway! :)

I do think it is time for Cummins to see some play. I would like him to be the first choice forward sub when one is to be made. Give him a few 25-30 minute slots when a change is needed. I would like to see what he can really do now.

Foster ain't good enough. Huntington is far better.

Loves the club apparently, but does not like the way Westley changes the team week in week out. He cannot understand why he is playing one week and is frozen out the next. Considering his position at the club apparently. Wonder if this applies to others. I would paly Huntingdon and SCS at CB, but I'm not the manager and so know very little as has been pointed out in a prvious thread!

Loves the club apparently, but does not like the way Westley changes the team week in week out. He cannot understand why he is playing one week and is frozen out the next. Considering his position at the club apparently. Wonder if this applies to others. I would paly Huntingdon and SCS at CB, but I'm not the manager and so know very little as has been pointed out in a prvious thread!

Just checking but are you talking about Huntington here?

627584_Preston_North_End.jpg

I think most of our problems attacking are coming from midfield and right back.

now that we have a proper right back, monakana will player better and have more support.

Wroe should be dropped for now. Beavon should sink to attacking midfield role as this is pretty much what he does every game anyway.

King could then have a free role to support welsh when needed and also get forward to be a target/linkup man.

It makes sense to me, but it probably wont happen.

Last edited:

SCS is another i've heard who feels the same, i liked Hungtington and SCS as a pairing earlier in the season though injury/suspension square pegs etc has meant we haven't seen them partner up lately, if not those two then i'd like to see Huntington and Robertson given another go.

What concerns me is we played the side that 99% of us fans would have picked as our strongest side for a home game yet we were turned over without much trouble.

I think we need to be more fluid and be encouraged to express ourselves whilst in possession without the fear of making a mistake. Perhaps Westley should loosen the shackles on his players and let them trust their own judgement, the majority of our squad are competent professional footballers with ability at this level.

I think we should go 4-4-2 in possession and 4-5-1 out of it.

Stuckmann
Connolly Robertson Wright Buchanan
Beavon Wroe Welsh King Holmes
Garner

A right back at right back (finally) Robertson and Wright compliment each other well in my opinion and Buchanan is a good left back at this level.

I think out of possession we should revert to 5 in midfield and have King in there. An extra man to pick up the loose balls alongside Welsh. Although I have put Beavon out of position on the right, he runs hard and often tracks back anyway. He could be a better option than Monakana defensively.

I reckon he could then move up top alongside Garner when we are in possession and allow Wroe to perhaps move to the right. If Beavon collects the ball wide then Wroe can join the attack with a late run like we saw earlier in the season that helped him bag plenty of goals.

My thoughts anyway! :)

I agree with this entirely.