PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Steven Jennings Interview

Graham Westley is possibly the most hated manager in football.

He is quickly turning Preston North End into one of the most hated clubs in football whilst giving us non of the winning football he promised.

Jennings would be better keeping his mouth shut because he does sound like a big baby. Nonetheless, there's a significant dollop of truth in the accusations he makes and I can only think some of our fans choose not to see it. I've been embarrassed about the nature of our on-field tactics for some time - but turning up and seeing the pitch in that condition on Saturday made me more angry than embarrassed. Whilst I'd rather not see it at all, I can tolerate gamesmanship to a certain extent when we're winning games and playing well. But in our current state? It's just further embarrassment to a traditional old club that is being dragged through the mud time and time again.

The Crazy Gang at Wimbledon FC had quite a reputation regarding so called dirty tricks - I cant condone that sort of thing , but in a perverse way , it did at least work.
Westley is trying to do this - and its not working ......he cant even get that right.

We've gone from one extreme to another! Nice Preston who turn up and play lovely football, win the fair play award and teams love playing us because we have a soft underbelly to being the modern crazy gang - unfortunately neither approach is working or has worked. Which would I prefer to see? I would prefer to see an honest group of players, trying to the win the game in the right way and to focus their aggression into pressing the ball.

Personally I did see the arm come out from Robertson to catch Jennings, and that is now part of our set-up, I also saw a pitch that looked like it had been taken to the stage of laying new grass seed (so Jennings is right, with his observations), however, I also saw Jennings try to cynically take out Holmes, not once, but twice as he made an advancing run towards goal.

We've gone from one extreme to another! Nice Preston who turn up and play lovely football, win the fair play award and teams love playing us because we have a soft underbelly to being the modern crazy gang - unfortunately neither approach is working or has worked. Which would I prefer to see? I would prefer to see an honest group of players, trying to the win the game in the right way and to focus their aggression into pressing the ball.

Personally I did see the arm come out from Robertson to catch Jennings, and that is now part of our set-up, I also saw a pitch that looked like it had been taken to the stage of laying new grass seed (so Jennings is right, with his observations), however, I also saw Jennings try to cynically take out Holmes, not once, but twice as he made an advancing run towards goal.

Correct . Both Jennings and Robertson could , maybe should , have been sent off .
Jennings deserved a yellow for the first foul where the ref played an advantage as well as theone he actually got for the second foul .
Robertson threw an arm out to block Jennings off and caught him in the mush .
To be honest , both sides dished it out - neither should be moaning about the other .
He's right about the pitch though , looked like a ploughed field . Such a shame as we've had a great surface for years now . Maybe GW has given up on the idea of passing football .

I hate seeing stuff like this .
Yes I was glad we were no longer going to be a soft touch but the reports of what our club and players do is embarrassing.

Wasn't it Jennings at the centre of that alleged betting scandal when he was playing for Motherwell? Rooney's dad and a few people got questioned about it.
He's right about the pitch, it's a tip and the groundsman must be praying for a couple of weeks of half-decent weather to get it back to even half of its former state.
As for the strong-arm tactics, Coventry had two players booked, we had one.

Say what you want about the playing surface (and it did look poor) but we bullied nobody in that game. In the second half, we were simply far better.

Sick of hearing all this about GW because, despite his talk being as contrived as some warned, the team on the pitch aren't guilty of the traits we would expect.

Shit sticks.

I am biased towards us and maybe in part it is because I am not seeing any advantage from all our alleged cheating but it is not getting us anywhere. I don't think we are any better or worse than the teams we play in terms of being on the edge of whet the game allows

All the effort in the world won't make the difference that real quality brings regularly.

Maybe a lot of people are choosing to look for a little evidence to support their pre held views of us. Watch Crewe who are always in the upper levels of fair play leagues. They might comit less fouls and get fewer yellow or red cards but they get a few and I am sure you could make a case as Jennings has done for a stray elbow and a bit of unsporting behaviour in any of their games.

I enjoyed Saturdays game more than the last 4 ad apart from the bury one we were in the game. Still did not satisfy my minimum requirement of 3 points.

Say what you want about the playing surface (and it did look poor) but we bullied nobody in that game. In the second half, we were simply far better.

Sick of hearing all this about GW because, despite his talk being as contrived as some warned, the team on the pitch aren't guilty of the traits we would expect.
Totally agree. After every game keith posts what the opposition have to say about us. Why? Are we really bothered reading the same old clap trap lies week after week?

Totally agree. After every game keith posts what the opposition have to say about us. Why? Are we really bothered reading the same old clap trap lies week after week?

If he didn't post it, somebody else would.

Plus, it shines a light on the unfair reuptation we have gained as well as some of the idiots who use it as another excuse to fling bile.

If he didn't post it, somebody else would.

Plus, it shines a light on the unfair reuptation we have gained as well as some of the idiots who use it as another excuse to fling bile.
You're getting to sound more like Westley or one of his cronies every day.

It amuses me that some on here seem to think PNE are the only team which resorts to shirt pulling, whingeing to the ref, time wasting and other forms of gamesmanship. Have any of them been to watch a game at Deepdale in the last few seasons? EVERY team is at it. It's the sad nature of football at the moment. PNE have jumped on the bandwagon having been soft pushovers for seasons. If you don't like it don't watch it.

I agree that we play shit football but having said that in 3 games of watching Coventry, they haven't once played 'good' football and have been themselves a very physical and boring team to watch.

In fact this just about sums up their football and the level that they're playing at! Nobody here plays good football that he so claims about!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54lxKRftRgw

Of course the pitch at the Ricoh the other week was like Wembley wasn't it?

I personally couldn't care less what some no mark thinks about us but maybe that's just me.

Sounds a complete soft arse. I am amazed he could even read the programme! Guess the Coventry groundsman does not use a tractor.

Did not see too much in the way of cheating from either side to be honest other than the customary shirt pulling by both teams.

Such a top quality side and they failed to beat us twice in the league and needed an offside goal past a crippled keeper to beat us in the cup.

The biggest cheats in football are the likes of Leeds, Portsmouth and Leicester who achieve success with money they do not have and then rip everyone off when they go bust. Have Coventry paid the rent for the ground they do not own yet?

Glad the LEP do not turn out pathetic crap like this.

Are you one of them?
Hang on , hes not the first to mention this sort of behavior. Its all too common - its not what this once proud club is about - not only that , its not effective and seems to fire up the opposition even more.

Shamefull. No wonder fans arent bothering to attend.

HAVE ANY OF THEM BEEN TO WATCH A GAME AT DEEPDALE IN THE LAST FEW SEASONS?

Somehow I doubt it. There are a lot of 'sheep' on here who just follow what others say or do, and the annoying thing is they will argue until they are blue in the face that they are correct and they haven't even witnessed it themselves!

Heresay is very dangerous and unfortunately there are a number of people on here that don't even know what it means.

Somehow I doubt it. There are a lot of 'sheep' on here who just follow what others say or do, and the annoying thing is they will argue until they are blue in the face that they are correct and they haven't even witnessed it themselves!

Heresay is very dangerous and unfortunately there are a number of people on here that don't even know what it means.

At least they will be able to spell it right!

HEARSAY