PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

For all the criticism of Heming’s

To my mind I'm not convinced that much of what TH has done over the last 10+ years has been right for PNE.

To his mind however, he knows exactly what he is doing and it is right for his agenda.

He either has an ulterior motive, many theories for which exist on here or, my favoured explanation, knows absolutely fuck all about football.

In response to Albertan, if Hemmings would have been given credit for success then he also should carry the can for failure. You can't have it one way or the other. If he's responsible for the good he's also responsible for the bad.

Hemmings brief to his consultent was simple, lower the wage bill and running cost of the club and find a manager who could reduce the quainty but not the quality to use Peter Ridsdales own words.

Westley when he arrived set about doing what he was told to do and created an enviroment that made it obvious to the players already here that they were surples to requirments ( he even took that to an extreme blaming four lads for giving team information away at Sheff Wed). Pre season he was allowed to bring in his players, players of the year from various clubs, Captains of other clubs and allowed to buy a 250,000 pound striker.

So in a nutshell he has reduced the wage bill but the quality still there? but what ever people think there is still enough quaility in his squad to be doing better than he his. He's also been backed a lot more than most other league one managers. So in my humble opioion our manager is under achievening with the players at his dispose and i have no doubt he will be admit the same thing so you cant really blame Hemmings for that.

This season we were suppose to hit the ground running, we were suppose to see a second half of the season surge but its not happen and i cant really see his getting any sort of run togther that we were promised. So for me its not Hemmings, hes done what any owner in this present economic climate as done which is to reduce his running costs but at the same time hes given his manger enough tools to work with to be doing a better job than hes doing at the moment.

PS. Is the manger going i cant see it myself, Ridsdale will defend him at all costs and no doubt he will telling Trever that continuity and stability are what this club needs not keep sacking mangers. How long Trever goes along with that is anybodys guess but at this moment in time nothing will change as we can look forward to another week of entertaning words from our manger as we build up for the Colchester game

He either has an ulterior motive, many theories for which exist on here or, my favoured explanation, knows absolutely fuck all about football.

In response to Albertan, if Hemmings would have been given credit for success then he also should carry the can for failure. You can't have it one way or the other. If he's responsible for the good he's also responsible for the bad.

Thats not plausible from my view simo.

He has been involved at Deepdale since the 70s, going to many games, dealing with Chairmen and board members, managers, players etc. during that time. He knows more about the workings of a football club than 98%of the people who post on here, myself included. He probably knows more than most people running clubs around the country today.

He is a successful business man, its true that not every business can be successful even for the likes of TH, but he must have learnt alot over the last 50 years or so.

TH knows what he is doing, I don't know what he is doing, but he does.

Well run clubs don't go down. They don't change there manager every twelve months. Up to Hemmings "investing" millions we were being run well and living within our means. The club needs to change the whole way it is being run from top to bottom. Look at other teams that have done well in recent years, Swansea a fine example.
Hemmings has constantly fiddled with the management and then stood back, with rumours of unfulfilled promises from at least two possibly three of the last five in the hot seat. Since Ridsdales tax problem we haven't heard a peep from him and you can tell. We look rudderless on and off the pitch.
Westley is a dead man walking, but a change in the running of the club is what's needed most.

But swansea do chop and change manager every 12 months nearly. They just show it can be done if the replacements you bring in arent one extreme to the next like we do.

We've never actually lived within our means since getting back to the championship btw. We've always run at a deficit which has been covered by player sales, which is fairly sensible (everyone should operate with a little risk to push on). Our problem was we upped that wage bill (that we already couldnt afford) by 25% when we sacked Simpson at a time where we had little saleable assets because we were shit. We manoeuvred ourselves into this situation, and I remember everyone, almost to a man lauding Derek Shaw for doing so.

I couldnt disagree more. Im not sure what evidence anyone can put forward from the last 3 years that show he does have a clue about football.

Bringing in a mate from rguby league to run a football club? bringing in probably the most high profile chairman in the country? Bringing in a mates son as manager? Bringing in self publicist Phil Brown as manager? Aloowing each of his managers to bring in masses of players every single year?

I dont see anything that suggests he know his onions with regard to how to maintain a football club, all we do is lurch from completely backing one disaster to the next. No over reaching strategy, no contingency plans, no logic. just throw money at a manager and he must come good.

I dont see anything that suggests he know his onions with regard to how to maintain a football club, all we do is lurch from completely backing one disaster to the next. No over reaching strategy, no contingency plans, no logic. just throw money at a manager and he must come good.

Yes - and all the while the club insists we're doing all this to "cut costs".

I don't want Hemmings to go. He just needs to grow a pair and appoint a decent chairman/manager. Who the fuck would want to buy Preston North End? You lot calling for his head aren't thinking straight.

Sadly, as bad as things are and as awful his decisions have been, we do need Hemmings.

I couldnt disagree more. Im not sure what evidence anyone can put forward from the last 3 years that show he does have a clue about football.

Bringing in a mate from rguby league to run a football club? bringing in probably the most high profile chairman in the country? Bringing in a mates son as manager? Bringing in self publicist Phil Brown as manager? Aloowing each of his managers to bring in masses of players every single year?

I Agree with this. My analogy with Swansea is that they are doing something right. They have changed managers because ones have left for bigger clubs not due to sackings, although they have sacked managers quickly not left them to rot. What they have done as you say is go for like minded managers.

Your signature suggests that you think TH has appointed the right manager and then must know something.

"Hail Westley. Death to traitors."

*cringe*