PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Simsonsen speaks on Westley

Cruyff

Not commented since yesterday, don't want to start else I won't stop.

Steve Simonsen has joined twitter since Westley binned him. He's just talked about PNE this morning, so thought this might be off interest to some:

GW's management of players, is not what I'd say "conventional" thus he falls out with a large amount of them. Huge club PNE

I can't say to much as you can imagine, but the fans aren't stupid they know...

Like you, I'm trying not to be drawn in to the current debate or I'll never stop! Simonsen's comments are simply further evidence (as if it were required) that Westley is unable to "manage" in the true sense of the word.

if hes only just joined twitter, how do you know its him yet could easily be an angry fan setting up a parody!

We've known since before he took over that his methods weren't conventional. You only have to watch him on the touchline when he's bringing a sub on to know how much shite his talks to players, rather than letting them do what comes naturally.

And footballers talk to each other, so all the players who signed for us in the summer would have known what Westley was like. You can shout all you want that they came here for the money but every one of the squad signed in the summer could have got a contract elsewhere.

If it's not him why his his wife Claire Simonsen communicating with him?

https://twitter.com/clairesimmo

Maybe that's not her either -:)

It does seem a bit odd to be honest. From memory, I can't recall any adverse comments from any of the players he got rid of last season or this. Maybe it was part of their settlement agreement that they kept quiet, whereas Simonsen is under no such restriction.

Maybe that's not her either -:.

On Dec 29th she tweeted "Ok so christmas been and gone so how Many sleeps till westley sacked from Preston?" No love for GW from her either.

Which is surprising because Simonsen was still playing at the start of January.

Last edited:
I do know that Steve's wife does work at Radio city along with our PNE commentator Johnathan Breeze who works there when he's not commentating on PNE games. I know this is true because it was mention to Steve in his signing on interview on PNE player when he joined our club.

On Dec 29th she tweeted "Ok so christmas been and gone so how Many sleeps till westley sacked from Preston?" No love for GW from her either.

Which is surprising because Simonsen was still playing at the start of January.

That tells us why Westley got shut of him then! These wives have a lot to answer for :)

Maybe that's not her either -:)

It does seem a bit odd to be honest. From memory, I can't recall any adverse comments from any of the players he got rid of last season or this. Maybe it was part of their settlement agreement that they kept quiet, whereas Simonsen is under no such restriction.

What about sodje with his #fuckGW?