PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

A Disgruntled Fan and Peter Ridsdale.

In all honesty Ridsdale is probably getting shit loads of letters , phone calls and emails whinging about our current situation, I'd be sick of it if I was him .

They have had to reduce the costs massively while bringing together a whole new squad. , yes Westley is failing to deliver at the minute but all this talk of boycotts and how PR and GW are destroying the club is just melodramatic nonsense .

I wonder if its like this at other clubs where fans need the constant arm around the shoulder

At the minute? Things haven't been good under Westley in his over a year in charge.

In all honesty Ridsdale is probably getting shit loads of letters , phone calls and emails whinging about our current situation, I'd be sick of it if I was him .

They have had to reduce the costs massively while bringing together a whole new squad. , yes Westley is failing to deliver at the minute but all this talk of boycotts and how PR and GW are destroying the club is just melodramatic nonsense .

I wonder if its like this at other clubs where fans need the constant arm around the shoulder

+1

Well hey lets accept where we are then! We aren't asking to be bank rolled into the Premier league by any stretch of the imagination, but what we aren't happy with is the lack of communication, leadership, strategy and the lack of a competent manager.

Our position is not acceptable but if you think our home record is acceptable then lets carry on cheering the boys for another 90 lacklustre minutes while we slip into the basement league. :rolleyes:

This club is a shambles from top to bottom and 99% of us fans are not happy to sit and "happy clap" to the dross being served up every other week. Action needs to be taken for the good of Preston North End.

I think Ridsdale has written that himself.

I would like to know how many other "chairmen" would actually take the trouble to even bother replying to a shed load of emails.

My suspicion is that Ridsdale is in a minority with this. But it's not done him any favours, because he's rushed it a bit... and then it gets plastered over the internet.

Honestly, it seems that they'd be better shutting up - because any word out of place, they're going to get crucified.

Do you find the current situation acceptable then?

No , not at all and i can guarantee Westley and Ridsdale don't eithe but I can see why we are in the current situation.

I think on the match day thread I even said enough was enough and I wouldn't argue if Westley was sacked but a lot of the stuff I am reading is way over the top.

I would like to know how many other "chairmen" would actually take the trouble to even bother replying to a shed load of emails.

My suspicion is that Ridsdale is in a minority with this. But it's not done him any favours, because he's rushed it a bit... and then it gets plastered over the internet.

Honestly, it seems that they'd be better shutting up - because any word out of place, they're going to get crucified.

This is what I said on another thread, I'm not sure what people want him to say? Hemmings made a brief albeit prob not from him statement a few weeks ago and he was slated for it.

This is what I said on another thread, I'm not sure what people want him to say? Hemmings made a brief albeit prob not from him statement a few weeks ago and he was slated for it.

I think they want him to say that he'll sack Westley in the morning. Nothing else will do.

Says everything and nothing. I bet this stereo/generic type letter has been printed off by the thousand to send to dissatisfied fans.

I agree, it's like he opened a drop down box and selected ; Reply for whinging supporters.

I'm led to believe that Peter Ridsdale doesn't understand just how angry the supporters are.

No , not at all and i can guarantee Westley and Ridsdale don't eithe but I can see why we are in the current situation.

I think on the match day thread I even said enough was enough and I wouldn't argue if Westley was sacked but a lot of the stuff I am reading is way over the top.

The players we have do seem capable and there's no shortage of them so why are the results so awful and lets be honest awful is no exaggeration ? we are on a severe downward spiral and the trap door grows ever closer , theres little if nothing communication wise coming out of the club so i fail to see how any level headed fan can take any positives from the current situation . That said are the fans really wrong to suggest the club is in dire trouble every which way ? .

I'm led to believe that Peter Ridsdale doesn't understand just how angry the supporters are.

I've said it before, unless the fans turn on Ridsdale then Westley is going to remain safe. Turn on the chairman and action usually follows!

Agree with this. We are at a point of stalemate between each party.

Westley won't walk - He is too proud and has a large ego. He would rather hold out for a pay out than lose it by resigning.

Ridsdale won't sack him - As you say he could be reported for his managerial involvement and Westley is Ridsdale's man. He won't sack his own appointment as it will make his position untenable.

Hemmings won't get rid - He has the power to end this but his objective is to make us self sufficient and currently we have lower operating cost than last season. As far as he is concerned, this season is a success! He has little interest in the football and is all about money.
U

What a mess.

a classic case of who blinks first.

Generally speaking, do most fans want Ridsdale out as well as Westley?

Personally, I think the Club needs a strong leader now more than ever. An mute 'advisor' is of no use to anyone now.

Personally, I think the Club needs a strong leader now more than ever. An mute 'advisor' is of no use to anyone now.

I shuddered when Ridsdale was appointed. I didn't know enough about westley so give him a chance.

Now the sooner they ve both gone the better.

It's so horrible right now.

No it's much worse. We are a load wussies compared to a lot.

The more he digs his heels in about Westley the more it becomes apparent he needs to go too.

The lack of communication says 1 thing - they have no answers? I get the feeling senior leadership within the club are totally confused as to why the team that started with promise has not gone on to get stronger. I suspect the team dynamics aren't strong enough and once the game strategies were not paying off with improving results the frailty of a new team was exposed.

But why did the strategies not evolve. Without looking too much into it I would compare GW with John Beck - so mercurial at a club with no history and little expectation his innovative approach initially brought him improvements. But fans and cultures within a club like farnborough or Cambridge utd are much different to a club like ours. John Beck, towards the end, promised to evolve and play a more cultured brand of football but he was a 1 trick pony. He couldn't deliver. failure at Wembley to a Wycombe side playing attractive football was difficult to take and eventually Gary Peters took over promising a change in strategy. Same players ( more or less) different manager got promotion but Peters was no footballing genius and went on to achieve very little else in football.

Graham will seemingly be going the same way - his fault? Of course not. Can you blame a manager for trying to replicate his previous success. The issue is with the owner who despite being witness to the John Beck era failed to learn from it.

Ultimately GW may yet succeed and I hope he does not least because he is so hated by many on here. Whilst I think the situation could have been predicted TH for all his seeming apathy has backed his appointees unfalteringly - so in fairness it's his bed and he can lie in it if he wants.

The pain goes on and whilst it is shit at the moment I am almost of the belief we have to suffer some more to retake this amazing club of ours. Several years of drifting in the championship with hardly a raised heartbeat for the play off achievement against shff utd proved how complacent we all had become. Our expectations were to fail. We will get our great club out of the ashes and rising again but we will have to burn some more first.

Derek Shaw rang me once. Well Done Derek