PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

I'm the 'banner' man

Just want to clear up why the 'Banner' was shown during the warm up.

Our original plan was to produce the banner at the end of the game....But ! GW was aware before we got to the stadium that we had a banner, as we had taken some photo's outside the Tom Finney before we left, which were later posted on twitter.

Most of the players were already aware that we had a banner and were fine about it....as we were in contact via twitter and text to some of the players on our journey.

When we arrived at the stadium 1 of the stewards tipped us off that they had been told to remove it before we entered the ground as GW had directly complained to the club about it being a health and safety/fire risk !!! Luckily the stewards also think GW is a BELL END ! and allowed us entry with the banner...But said they needed to look like they were trying to confiscate it......So to sum it up....

1/ The players already knew
2/ GW reported it SO FUCK HIM !!
3/ We were also told that the Daily Express/Daily Mail not sure which it was? Wanted a picture...So before it got taken away we let them get the picture.
4/ A South Ribble Supporters Group member was happy for us to do this before the game.

Also those who object tough fucking shit!!!!!! These are professional footballers who get paid well to do what they love !! So a banner with 'Westley Out' 'Love PNE' shouldn't be a problem really.....Do you really think it made 1 bit if fucking difference to the result?? WAKE UP !!! WE COULD GO DOWN !!!

I have done all this myself ! I protested at Colchester (AFTER THE MATCH) WITH NO BANNER AND WE STILL FUCKING LOST !!! but got press in the LEP the day after...again adding pressure to GW !! RESULT !!

So I stepped up my efforts tonight !! I wan't this tit out and will do whatever it takes....If you want to hang around for a fucking forum with PR & GW thats up to you and I respect that....But sorry I won't wait for that it will be too late and we will get fed a load of shite........

Another thing I never post on here but have read some of the protest suggestions......for eg Walking off the ground during the game??? Red cards??? Blah Blah Blah isn't that just as bad as a little bed sheet?? Seriously !!!

I will be outside the Tom Finney @ 1pm to protest on Saturday if GW is still here?

I URGE EVERYONE TO DO THE SAME !! PUT PRESSURE ON THIS TIT TO EITHER LEAVE OR GET SACKED !! ACT NOW FOR THE SAKE OF PNE !!

bring your banners !! If you need anymore info I'm on Twitter @NoelMilli.

LETS STAND TOGETHER !

p.s for those who said my banner was shit you try painting a 6ft bed sheet on your kitchen floor ! Fucking nightmare ! :p

No complaints from me.

Good effort, lets hope the message has sunk in at Hemmings bunker.

It just shows that Westley is now in direct conflict with the fans after asking for the banner to be removed. He obviously doesn't think us fans have the right to vent our feelings for the club.

No going back now for Westley.

GW claims to be his own man and not to listen to fans etc. So what was his fooking problem with a banner? Just another example of his total total arrogance.

No complaints from me, glad you decided to do it.. Sick of everyone saying that don't show the banners while the players are warming up...

Quality banner, the fans had every right to vent their feelinmgs, they are Preston North End!

Last edited:
Wouldn't defend yourself. Most fans want to do a protest at Deepdale so I am sure thousands of fans protesting will create a bigger impact on players than a banner. Well done

I thought your timing was poor, however, after your explanation i feel you were very restrained not to make Westley wear it! Well done.

First of all - Thanks for passing me on the free tickets you had been given.
As for the banner, no problems from me with you showing you want Wesley Out. It was not slagging off a player, just disapproval of the manager. Still can't believe that a manager from an away team can/did request banners with no swearing, no discrimination be not shown. Take it all our PNE flags at Deepdale will now be removed on H&S grounds :)
I suppose you could always wear T Shirts, each with a letter spelling out "Wesley Out", now that couldn't be deemed a H&S issue.