PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Kenny Ball and the Brindle Brass Band

My old Dad used to talk about the Brindle Brass Band being a feature at Deepdale in the fifties and Margie being our signature tune. Happy days indeed!

In view of my , what the mods would consider non PNE related, thread which was removed. May respectfully ask what the death of Kenny Ball has to do with same PNE? Can I assume this thread will suffer the same fate?

If not, why not?

Thank you in anticipation.

In view of my , what the mods would consider non PNE related, thread which was removed. May respectfully ask what the death of Kenny Ball has to do with same PNE? Can I assume this thread will suffer the same fate?

If not, why not?

Thank you in anticipation.
The history of our great club is just as important as the present day. If you cannot see the link, delve a litte.

This should be played every game!

Good shout...

I have been " Championing " this tune for years...

I have no idea what the history is behind the origins but i know that it was played at every home game during the 50's and early 60's...

Give it a go i say !!!

Good shout...

I have been " Championing " this tune for years...

I have no idea what the history is behind the origins but i know that it was played at every home game during the 50's and early 60's...

Give it a go i say !!!

Along with Lassie from Lancashire.

Sad , saw Kenny in Manchester last year, along with Chris Barber and Acker Bilk. Of the three Kenny looked the fittest and all three put on a great show. While the link to PNE is tenuous to say the least you would have to be a miserable so and so to bring it up under the circumstances !