PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Asda remove offensive costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
They put "mental patient costume" or something along those lines, Stan Collymore was getting on his horse about it before.

Something and nothing really.

They put "mental patient costume" or something along those lines, Stan Collymore was getting on his horse about it before.

Something and nothing really.
Really, you probably wont be surprised to find that I dont feel Mental Illness is something that I dont feel is "Something and Nothing." gladly, Asda quickly realised it wasnt something and nothing either!

Really, you probably wont be surprised to find that I dont feel Mental Illness is something that I dont feel is "Something and Nothing." gladly, Asda quickly realised it wasnt something and nothing either!

Mental illness is not to be joked about but how is a costume taking the piss? It's a fucking costume probably based on films like 'psycho' and 'hannibal' nothing to do with taking the piss out of mental health.

Is it not just more PC gone mad? Do you not think that people wearing these type of costumes is more to do with b horror films and not mocking mental illness?

Mental illness is not to be joked about but how is a costume taking the piss? It's a fucking costume probably based on films like 'psycho' and 'hannibal' nothing to do with taking the piss out of mental health.

I concur and think you're the most intelligent mod we have ever had. Do you fancy getting a room some moonshine and baby oil?

Gotta say AGREE 100% pal, mental illness is FUCKING AWFUL my dad has Alzheimer's and its bad. BUT this is just a costume for fucks sake !!!! What is wrong with this country ? It seems to me the people making the big noises about things arnt actually personally affected by it. IF they were then they would not be making comments about such a trivial thing.. NOT
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta say AGREE 100% pal, mental illness is FUCKING AWFUL my dad has Alzheimer's and its bad. BUT this is just a costume for fucks sake !!!! What is wrong with this country ? It seems to me the people making the big noises about things arnt actually personally affected by it. IF they were then they would not be making comments about such a trivial thing.. NOT
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that pal, I work at a mental health hospital and see the effects it can have on people day in day out.

ASDA's Ken Bigley outfit looked a lot more genuine than TESCO's. So now what will I do for Halloween?

Thanks George!:(

And I would agree mental illness isn't something and nothing, this however has very little to do with mental illness, you'd have to be a bit daft if you thought that costume was an actual representation of a person with a mental illness.

I used to be on maintenance at Guild park and worked around people with mental illness everyday and none looked remotely like that.

For me, though, its about stereotyping and continuing the stigma that lies around the issue of mental health. For example we, rightly, dont make "funny" costumes about people with cancer or other illnesses so why do we think its ok to make "Funny" costumes about another serious killer illness, that of mental illness. All this does is perpetuate the stigma and make people more and more reluctant to admit that they are ill.

For me, though, its about stereotyping and continuing the stigma that lies around the issue of mental health. For example we, rightly, dont make "funny" costumes about people with cancer or other illnesses so why do we think its ok to make "Funny" costumes about another serious killer illness, that of mental illness. All this does is perpetuate the stigma and make people more and more reluctant to admit that they are ill.

You really think this costume is offensive?

Holy fucking Christ, there are thousands of films out there that have this sort of thing in, even Scooby-Doo has had people dressed like this in it!

The world has gone fucking crazy. (Or can I not say that?)

Latest reports from ASDA is that they have also removed the 'Mossy Mask' due to the number of complaints and the amount of vomit in the aisle directly in front of said mask.

For what its worth I don't see any issue with this costume, maybe they could have worded the description better and just called it a horror outfit, but even that is being a bit picky!

Status
Not open for further replies.