PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Wolves Away

Because there seems to be SO many 'providers' or whsat ever they call themselves, - WHO are the best people to buy tickets for this Train Journey (from Preston OR Lancaster ) from ?

Thanks in advance.

I always use Redspottedhanky.com

Unlike trainline they do not charge any booking fee.

Because there seems to be SO many 'providers' or whsat ever they call themselves, - WHO are the best people to buy tickets for this Train Journey (from Preston OR Lancaster ) from ?

Thanks in advance.

I just use Virgin Trains. Collect tickets from station, no extra cost. Train is £29 return from Lancaster.

Thanks in advance.

I use train line. Seems the best one.

Just paid £45.65 for 2 returns. Going at 11.18 and returning at 19.37, not to bad and at least £20 cheaper than it would have been on the day!
Get them before the prices go up!

I did wonder if splitting at Crewe would make sense - if you are travelling on the day it does.

However for the moment 27.50 is the cheapest I can find, with the 19:37 from Wolverhampton to Preston being 10.00 single.

I'm gonna get the Club coach. Will have my Lad with me, so getting there early for the pubs and staying afterwards for a pint isn't really an option.

I'm gonna get the Club coach. Will have my Lad with me, so getting there early for the pubs and staying afterwards for a pint isn't really an option.

I,ve got my lad who is nearly 12 and going on train a few cheeky ones wont do no harm

The train line charge a booking fee so I stopped using them

They all use the same engine to do the searching and booking so there is no actual difference in the prices you will be offered.

I use www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk for my searches, but any of the train companies own sites will do well as will nationalrail.co.uk

[/geek]

I,ve got my lad who is nearly 12 and going on train a few cheeky ones wont do no harm

Totally agree, and it's what I did for Carlisle last season. To be fair, he loved it. Must admit though, I'm a sucker for the convenience of the coach. Straight to the ground, straight back after the game. Doesn't get much easier.

Oh, and while I was just ordering my Shrewsbury tickets, the very pleasant girl on the other end of the phone told me that the Wolves tickets will be on sale on Monday.