PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ifs Buts and Maybes

stf4ever

Ridsdale's Retirement Party
Patron
If we'd have beaten Brentford twice this season instead of losing both, we'd be in 2nd place 3 points ahead of them...

If we had drawn every match this season, we'd be sitting in the relegation zone on forty four points with a goal difference of zero.

If we had drawn every match this season, we'd be sitting in the relegation zone on forty four points with a goal difference of zero.

But if we'd managed to turn just 2 of those draws into victories, we'd have reached 48 points, and I think that would be just enough to see us survive.

If I'd have worn my normal 'Lucky Shirt' against Crawley and not turned on my BBC Radio Lancs commentary for the results, only to find we were winning but 6 mins over time they'd equalised, which would not have happened had i TURNED MY RADIO ON LATER, and many such incidents...
We'd have been above Brentford.
Sorry everyone. It's all my hoo-doo fault.

If only we hadn't given away those needless corners in the first 2 minutes of games... and those yellow cards.

If we continue to be more attack minded
But cut out getting caught in possession
Maybe we'll lift a trophy at Wembley

The Brentford games as mentioned we were second best. My biggest gripe is the handful of last minute equalisers as even half of them staying as wins as we'd be in for automatic contention.

If we'd stayed patient and kept hold of Westley, we'd be in automatic contention now.

Alongside Fleetwood and Rochdale.

If John Beck hadn't dropped Stuart Hicks for Jamie Squires, if Claude hadn't slipped, if the dwarf hadn't said "job done", if Bowyer hadn't got Williamson sent off and Irvine had an attacking bone in his body, our play off record may have looked a lot, lot better...