PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Positives and negatives I saw today

norky84

Patron
Negatives:

Paul Gallagher's confidence looking shot after his miss in first few minutes
Josh Brownhill hardly being involved (again)
Bailey Wright looking error prone (again)
Jamie Jones - made a huge error 2nd half which was luckily given offside. Poor distribution (again). One example was about 80th minute, he caught ball and Robinson was completely free on the left. I know at times keepers need to slow down play, but this instance I really felt we could breakaway and get a 5th with how Robinson was playing
Low crowd

Positives:

Paul Gallagher's confidence after his goal - what a great ball he played for our 4th goal
4 goals
Callum Robinson - fantastic sub appearance, deserved a goal. Has a big future, more importantly, he seems to be enjoying it with us
Kyel Reid - match fitness slowly getting there, think he will be a match winner for us on a regular basis
Chris Humphrey - twice the player he was last year, and no longer a 1 trick pony
3 points

Negatives:

Jamie Jones - made a huge error 2nd half which was luckily given offside. Poor distribution (again). One example was about 80th minute, he caught ball and Robinson was completely free on the left. I know at times keepers need to slow down play, but this instance I really felt we could breakaway and get a 5th with how Robinson was playing
Low crowd

Positives:

Paul Gallagher's confidence after his goal - what a great ball he played for our 4th goal
4 goals
Callum Robinson - fantastic sub appearance, deserved a goal. Has a big future, more importantly, he seems to be enjoying it with us
Kyel Reid - match fitness slowly getting there, think he will be a match winner for us on a regular basis
Chris Humphrey - twice the player he was last year, and no longer a 1 trick pony
3 points

Can't argue with any of that.

Some positives, some negatives, but we're crying out for someone to protect the back four, to allow Kilkenny, Browne or Browhill to play.

I think playing the two youngsters together with Gallagher leaves us short in midfield against teams & we seem too easy to play through at times.

I'd say it's a good sign that we're in the mix & haven't really clicked consistently yet!

Gallagher was like that last season, at home when we're on top he struts around and generally looks a class above. When things aren't going so well he seems to panic.

Robinson is class, I'd like to see us use him more and start him. I think the team that finished the game is our strongest side when everyone is fit. Reid is a great signing.

I'm starting to warm to Jones, he seems to be getting better but agreed, he was lucky the lad was offside!

I don't get the downer some people have on Jamie Jones. He is s perfectly competent league 1 keeper.

Probably his first big mistake today, which fortunately didnt cost us.

Rudd was a class keeper, but I also went to Peterborough away........

I think I've worked it out with Gallagher.

He's undoubtedly a highly talented player and some of his passing and play today was superb.

However he seems to lack the guts for a fight and knuckle down and earn his wage.

I think this all stems from the " priveleged" background he grew up with up at the plastics.

Never had to work for a living. Doesn't know what life's all about. A few more months at North end hopefully might help make him as a person and as a player

Bollocks. 3 wins on the trot move up 2 places there cant be any negatives at the moment.
Go and take yer dog for a walk.

Negatives:

Low crowd

Positives:

4 goals
3 points
Maybe when we was 4-2 up he wasnt in a rush to lose us posession.

Negatives:

Low crowd

Positives:

4 goals
3 points

Good performances from Wiseman and Clarke too

I don't get the downer some people have on Jamie Jones. He is s perfectly competent league 1 keeper.

Probably his first big mistake today, which fortunately didnt cost us.

Rudd was a class keeper, but I also went to Peterborough away........

I said I was undecided on him on another thread.

He made some good saves today and luckily for us, and him, the lad was offside late on.

Negatives:

Low crowd

Positives:

4 goals
3 points

I thought Bailey wright made key interceptions and defended well, I agree he is quite error prone though.
As for Gallagher, I was impressed today but he only really performs at home against lower opposition.

I think I've worked it out with Gallagher.

He's undoubtedly a highly talented player and some of his passing and play today was superb.

However he seems to lack the guts for a fight and knuckle down and earn his wage.

I think this all stems from the " priveleged" background he grew up with up at the plastics.

Never had to work for a living. Doesn't know what life's all about. A few more months at North end hopefully might help make him as a person and as a player

No it won't.......... You either " are " or you " aren't " and no amount of time will change that. He's a very talented player but will never be a force in a battle. Excellent when you're on top.

I think on the goalie front we must realise that we have been spoiled. Declan is exceptional, a genuine top flight goalie and we couldn't afford to keep him.

JJ is a L1 goalie and what we can afford. He will make mistakes and he will have good games. He will be nowhere near as good as Rudd. Tough, we need to get over it.

Negatives:

Low crowd

Positives:

4 goals
3 points

Thought that Gallagher fancied it today 'being a flat track bully' and drifted in and out of the game
Thought Wright got caught out of position again on a number of occasions
Think that Jones (GK) is still living in Rudd's shadow in a lot of fan's opinion's IMHO ...Jury out for me
Humphrey a 'confidence' player for me who needs the arm round the shoulder treatment to bring him on
Brownhill lack of pace a worry especially with the players around him ...

I'm generally content with Jones even though I know he's going to leave me fuming at times.

Jones was far better than their goalie and made 2 outstanding saves near the end-don't knock him !. I think its no coincidence that most teams seem to outpass us in midfield. Imo we have 2 luxury players in Gallagher and Brownhill and that's 1 too many.

Negatives:

Low crowd

Positives:

4 goals
3 points

first half to second half chalk and cheese for Gallagher, couldn't find a pass in first half and was superb in the second. Jones in the net though is a real worry...could barely catch a cold that lad

Thought that Gallagher fancied it today 'being a flat track bully' and drifted in and out of the game
Thought Wright got caught out of position again on a number of occasions
Think that Jones (GK) is still living in Rudd's shadow in a lot of fan's opinion's IMHO ...Jury out for me
Humphrey a 'confidence' player for me who needs the arm round the shoulder treatment to bring him on
Brownhill lack of pace a worry especially with the players around him ...

Just add that I thought that Reid liked a fair way short of match fitness ... 1st 3 passes today sloppy ... but deffo one to add to our attacking armoury ...

Positives.

4 goals from 4 different players and that doesn't include Garner.
Some great forward play
A win and 3 points.

Negatives

No one can tackle except Wright
Wright is a defensive liability
A midfield that can't tackle, maybe with Browne as an exception
The whole team except one defending in our box, with the result that any clearance comes straight back !!!!!

Great win,enjoyed it in a way but also found it immensely frustrating too at times, a lot of issues to be sorted Larry.

But he then resorts to kicking it long as Colchester reset and gifts possession back to them and allow them to attack when set up correctly.......

He's bloody awful.
You wouldnt have thought we had just won again, always a scapegoat with nobbers.
Positives.

4 goals from 4 different players and that doesn't include Garner.
Some great forward play
A win and 3 points.

Negatives

No one can tackle except Wright
Wright is a defensive liability
A midfield that can't tackle, maybe with Browne as an exception
The whole team except one defending in our box, with the result that any clearance comes straight back !!!!!

Great win,enjoyed it in a way but also found it immensely frustrating too at times, a lot of issues to be sorted Larry.
See above.