PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Rivals

Eight points behind now albeit with a game in hand on Swindon.

The next two weeks of this window will define our season.

Grayson has to strengthen and he has to get it right to stand any chance of automatic promotion.

January. Long time to go.

The best thing that could happen, for the long term benefit of the club and us traumatised fans, is to go up via the playoffs.

Not that I'm saying, for one second, that it will happen.

Scunthorpe who lost to Bristol also had their keeper took off with a broken arm and then the reserve keeper suffered the same fate!!

We'll be closer to 5th than the automatic promotion places shortly and then people will start to realise I was right all along when I said that Grayson won't take us up.

History repeating itself here...

When we played Brentford at home pre-Xmas, I think I'm right in saying we could have gone above them, or did they leapfrog us after our totally inept performance?

However we did bounce back and ground out some wins, and when we went to Wolves in January, who were wobbling at the time, we still harboured hopes of automatic. But again we failed to show ourselves as genuine contenders, and handed them the platform to storm to the league title, and they never looked back from that stage.

Think we were closer to the top 2 at this stage last season than we are this, and we know how that ended up! 8 points is a huge mountain to climb, especially for a team lacking skill, pace and never plays with any air of authority or superiority.

Promotion winning sides dominate weaker teams, and hand out the odd pasting. Sadly we never do, which is why Pedestrian North End will be spending AT LEAST one more season at this depressing level of football.

Bristol City, Swindon and MK Dons all won today so we lose ground[/QUOTE]

Good teams looking for promotion realise it and strengthen their teams which enables them to kick on and pull away from their rivals.

Its that simple.

PNE league 1 next season - AGAIN and if so it is because of a lack of ambition by all that management team

When we played Brentford at home pre-Xmas, I think I'm right in saying we could have gone above them, or did they leapfrog us after our totally inept performance?

However we did bounce back and ground out some wins, and when we went to Wolves in January, who were wobbling at the time, we still harboured hopes of automatic. But again we failed to show ourselves as genuine contenders, and handed them the platform to storm to the league title, and they never looked back from that stage.

Think we were closer to the top 2 at this stage last season than we are this, and we know how that ended up! 8 points is a huge mountain to climb, especially for a team lacking skill, pace and never plays with any air of authority or superiority.

Promotion winning sides dominate weaker teams, and hand out the odd pasting. Sadly we never do, which is why Pedestrian North End will be spending AT LEAST one more season at this depressing level of football.
Careful Neal lad.Mr Burgundy will be on soon telling you off,after tending to his rose filled garden.

Completely agree. Total Deja vu from last season, not just in terms of results, but in terms of our performances, style of play, lack of leadership and pace, predictability, negativity and in terms of every other aspect.

+1

Thanks for saving me typing.

100% spot on.

+1

Thanks for saving me typing.

100% spot on.

And just to emphasise the point and put our situation into perspective, last season after 25 games we had 1 point more than we have now. So even after all Grayson's tinkering and player transfers, we have (as things stand) actually gone backwards, when we should be going FORWARDS!!

And just to emphasise the point and put our situation into perspective, last season after 25 games we had 1 point more than we have now. So even after all Grayson's tinkering and player transfers, we have (as things stand) actually gone backwards, when we should be going FORWARDS!!

A bit like Kilkenny's passing.

If you are right, I would not want to be PR and explain why our income has dropped again, because we will not sell 6,000 plus season tickets for this division next season !

Not concerned about Bristol City's etc's results at all. Just worry about what we do...........or don't do