PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Last 4 Home games

That high?

That is brilliant. Better than I remembered.

How were we doing for points after 36 games in 99/00? Similar? I know we ended up on 95 points. I'd take 95 points right now!

75 (we took 20 from our last 10 games), 3 more than we have now...

Last edited by a moderator:
They are roughly the same size as when David Moyes took us up as Champions in the year 2000.

What is your point?

My point was that the o.p.was asking for suggestions to improve crowds, you asked *whats not to like* obviously the first thing has to be the size of the crowds !

PMSL and not in a good way. Your marketing strategy perhaps needs a rethink you muppet.

No need for that abuse and I think sf has a point, if people won't come for entertaining football then reduced price offers is likely to make little impact. Obviously an extreme example but premiership clubs can charge a fortune for an entertaining match so that is the big sell really, the word is out that entertainment is currently on offer at Deepdale and they're still not coming.

My point was that the o.p.was asking for suggestions to improve crowds, you asked *whats not to like* obviously the first thing has to be the size of the crowds !

Yes but this is Preston.

You know what people are like here. Tight. :D

If the people of Preston can't be assed watching this current team then fuck 'em.

Agreed

Thankyou Max Clifford !!

Have you forgotten that is quite some insult nowadays :p

This year we are around 10,200. That season under Moyes we averaged just over 12,800

Two of the biggest games to come will probably take the season's average to 11K... but certainly down on 99/00. I suspect that that is true of most league clubs though.

That high?

That is brilliant. Better than I remembered.

How were we doing for points after 36 games in 99/00? Similar? I know we ended up on 95 points. I'd take 95 points right now!

Regarding the crowd, we had Blackpool and Burnley in the same league as well as Wigan and Stoke so there would have been sizeable away followings.

Add to that the final home game of the season where we were presented with the trophy brought a crowd of 19,407 then you can see why the average was decent.

I agree with the people saying that lowering prices wouldn't necessarily guarantee a much fuller ground, but why not go down another route?

When I was at primary school, North End were really good at offering either free or reduced tickets to kids, including myself. At the minute, junior whites (u8) can get in for free anyway, but there could still be a lot of kids above the age of eight in primary schools across Preston that would possibly jump at the chance of getting their hands on a pair of free tickets (for them and a guardian).

Sure, the club wouldn't be making any money from ticket sales, but I'm sure quite a few of the people attending with these tickets would purchase food and beverages, and maybe even some club merchandise. I doubt the kids would be chanting about Joe Garner shagging their wife and what not either, but it'd be getting bums on empty seats and would have the potential to add a few extra quid to the coffers through the sales of those things mentioned above.

Just an idea. Obviously, to make sure it wasn't exploited, it would probably be best to limit the amount of tickets available to each child.

On top of all that, it'd also show a bit of community spirit on North End's part.

This may very well be a scheme that's still in place, but it's just a suggestion nonetheless.

Last edited:
Regarding the crowd, we had Blackpool and Burnley in the same league as well as Wigan and Stoke so there would have been sizeable away followings.

Add to that the final home game of the season where we were presented with the trophy brought a crowd of 19,407 then you can see why the average was decent.

Good points about Blackpoo, Burnley, Wigan and Stoke.

Maybe I have the Home Average rattling about my head hence the confusion. It was 15 years ago!

Good points about Blackpoo, Burnley, Wigan and Stoke.

Aye, perhaps a better comparison, albeit in a league lower, would be the 95/96 season when we won the 4th Division/Division 3/League 2/whatever the hell it was then; average of just over 10,000 with no big away followings to speak of.

This year we are around 10,200. That season under Moyes we averaged just over 12,800

Surprised we're at 10,200 this season. Thought it was more like 9k.
Would be great to increase that significantly from bumper attendances for the last 4 games.