PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Callum Robinson

No, not King, please. Can't quite see how our season might hinge on playing a centre-half in midfield. Smacks of utter desperation - Bob Atkins in midfield, Geoff Twentyman on the wing, Jack King up front against Walsall in Freight Rover/Sherpa thingy... absolute madness. Kilkenny has to be the shout. No doubt.

Big Geoff scored a few goals :)

King has spent most of his career before coming here playing in midfield. He won't play on Thursday though and as I said, Kilkenny absolutely must.

Big Geoff scored a few goals :)

King has spent most of his career before coming here playing in midfield. He won't play on Thursday though and as I said, Kilkenny absolutely must.

Hope you're right - but just to have King mentioned as a possible starter in midfield gets my gander up. His career before here was Woking, Didcot, Farnborough, Brackley... not much to write home about. Twentyman would have starred in midfield at any of those.

A big game like on Sunday?

Great logic.

He created a great chance with his cross - cum - shot, the defender was inches from turning it into his own goal. Also, where was the tap in at the back post? Just because nothing came of it, doesn't make it a shit ball like most fans on here believe. 1 of garner or Beckford should of had a tap in. Don't just blame the ball in, blame the lack of movement and positional sense of the strikers as well.

We should certainly have scored before they did from one of the occasions Robbo was in space down the left. The reason we didn't was a combination of factors. If we did, Robbo, Grayson and the rest of the spineless fannies are heroes and everyone goes home happy.

He created a great chance with his cross - cum - shot, the defender was inches from turning it into his own goal. Also, where was the tap in at the back post? Just because nothing came of it, doesn't make it a shit ball like most fans on here believe. 1 of garner or Beckford should of had a tap in. Don't just blame the ball in, blame the lack of movement and positional sense of the strikers as well.

The low ball he put across the box was a great ball.

But if the sideways pass finds Johnson with the room to start running at the opposition or Gallagher out wider again with the room to put a cross in that would still be an improvement on what we saw on Sunday.

Exactly you have to go through the stages in football you can't just lump it forward especially in wind like there was last weekend. It ends up going everywhere but where you want it and then every move breaks down.

I'd pick Kilkenny, Welsh, Johnson (just behind Garner) with Humphrey and Gallagher on the flanks.

I think Robinson is a useful player but he's not irreplaceable if he doesn't return next season.

Wouldn't mind looking at that Ikpeazu who Watford loaned to Crewe this season, similar sort of player but he's a big unit as well.

I think Robinson is a useful player but he's not irreplaceable if he doesn't return next season.

Wouldn't mind looking at that Ikpeazu who Watford loaned to Crewe this season, similar sort of player but he's a big unit as well.

Been very impressed by him.

He is one of a few lightweight people in our team who seem frightened of making a challenge.

They need it drilled into them that we have 3 (hopefully) games to save our season so they need to be putting 100% commitment into every challenge, every run and every time they have to track back.

We spotted him a few times just stood on the half way line watching the game go on and it just isn't good enough for a player of his talent.

Nail hit squarely on head!

Exactly you have to go through the stages in football you can't just lump it forward especially in wind like there was last weekend. It ends up going everywhere but where you want it and then every move breaks down.

I'd pick Kilkenny, Welsh, Johnson (just behind Garner) with Humphrey and Gallagher on the flanks.

Who would you drop then to make way for Kilkenny? Laird presumably? It makes us weak defensively if there is only Gallagher tackling on the left!

Who would you drop then to make way for Kilkenny? Laird presumably? It makes us weak defensively if there is only Gallagher tackling on the left!

He'd be playing 4-3-3/4-5-1. So the person dropped would be Beckford.

Humphrey should be dropped there are more negatives than positives in his game I am not sure he knows what to do he hasent a football brain and play Kilkenny and later in the game someone to replace Gallagher who can make a tackle.
Bailey wright should be dropped and move Clarke into the middle he is never looks happy on the right & bring in wiseman

Humphrey should be dropped there are more negatives than positives in his game I am not sure he knows what to do he hasent a football brain and play Kilkenny and later in the game someone to replace Gallagher who can make a tackle.
Bailey wright should be dropped and move Clarke into the middle he is never looks happy on the right & bring in wiseman

Hence:

Johnstone

Wiseman, Clarke, Huntington, Laird

Kilkenny, Welsh, Johnson

Gallagher

Beckford, Garner

A nice balanced side - I wouldn't mind seeing that even though it would be a bit harsh on Wright.

Hence:

Johnstone

Wiseman, Clarke, Huntington, Laird

Kilkenny, Welsh, Johnson

Gallagher

Beckford, Garner

A nice balanced side - I wouldn't mind seeing that even though it would be a bit harsh on Wright.

Fair team, Humphrey didn't show up AGAIN at the weekend. So it is a fair assumption that he is dropped.

Bringing in another CM might help us retain possession which we struggled to do on Sunday!

I think they did - as his loan is a youth loan there is a recall clause and I suspect that recall clause is the issue. If they hadn't included any play off games originally they wouldn't be able to extend it now.

Our match preview: http://www.pnefc.net/fixtures-results/match-preview/?matchid=3828392&tcmuri=2439177

"Callum Robinson returned to training at Aston Villa on Tuesday after the end of his youth loan from the Premier League side."

That would appear to be that, then...

Our match preview: http://www.pnefc.net/fixtures-results/match-preview/?matchid=3828392&tcmuri=2439177

"Callum Robinson returned to training at Aston Villa on Tuesday after the end of his youth loan from the Premier League side."

That would appear to be that, then...

If Robinson has gone back to Villa then with Ebanks-Blake and Kevin Davies on the bench I wouldn't see the point of adding another centre forward in the form of Hugill. I would be tempted to recall either Browne or Bownhill to give us a bit more midfield resource.