PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Lonergan

amw

Assuming stuckman goes at end of season who would take Lonergan as a no 2 no matter what division we are in

Surely Pisaac's Lonergan alert has gone off on his phone!

He'll be along shortly to sing from the rafters about him.

;)

And the summer of which former players should we sign begins.

No Thanks.

I,m not I,m just asking a ? He's been released by a championship club so can't see another championship club coming in for him

Then I'd answer yes if he was on a grand a week.... Any more and he can bugger off to Fleetwood as PL suggested...Which he probably will anyway.

Keep moving forward not backwards. I wish Lonners no ill whatever but would be disappointed if we went back for any former players

My mates family r big Celtic fans and they told me he held talks with them over the weekend about going there as back up to Craig Gordon.

Prior to his injury he was probably the best young keeper in the Country but sadly never IMHO reached such heights again

My mates family r big Celtic fans and they told me he held talks with them over the weekend about going there as back up to Craig Gordon.

There's a common theme occurring in these posts..........back up and no2.

He's certainly learnt from the best in Carlo(Tantastic)Nash, who by the way WAS a quality keeper.

Regardless of which division we're in next season i think we'll be signing 2 keepers this summer. I honestly don't think you look at signing any player on a long term contract as merely cover. At 31 with with 300 Championship apps he's got be worth considering .
On the whole Lonergan did very well for us. He was a massive reason we reached the Champ play offs under Irvine. Yes he lost his form/confidence etc during our relegation season but which keeper wouldn't playing behind that defence that season.

If De Gea decides to join Real Madrid there may be a possibility that MU may decide to have Sam Johnstone back as No 2 (or perhaps No. 3). If we lose out on Sunday then presumably he will not be staying with us anyway. .... and don't forget that Jamie Jones is still under contract

Regardless of which division we're in next season i think we'll be signing 2 keepers this summer. I honestly don't think you look at signing any player on a long term contract as merely cover. At 31 with with 300 Championship apps he's got be worth considering .
On the whole Lonergan did very well for us. He was a massive reason we reached the Champ play offs under Irvine. Yes he lost his form/confidence etc during our relegation season but which keeper wouldn't playing behind that defence that season.

Would much rather have Sam Johnstone or Declan Rudd as our no.1, and there's no chance we'll sign Lonergan as a no.2.

Would much rather have Sam Johnstone or Declan Rudd as our no.1, and there's no chance we'll sign Lonergan as a no.2.

Agree would prefer Johnstone or Rudd but neither may be available . Who knows? Honestly don't think you look to sign anyone on a long term contract to be cover. If we sign 2 keepers i hope they'll both be good enough to be 1st choice